The Cruise: A Life At Sea BBC2

Ray66

Documentary series following life aboard the cruise ship Balmoral on its journey around the world.

In six parts starting Tuesday 9th July on BBC2 at 8.30pm.

Thank you, I will enjoy watching that.

Regards

Ron.

Thats 30 minutes of my life I won't get back. I can only hope the next 5 Episodes aren't what should be called "An Island Parish at Sea".

Dreadful TV for prime time.

Yes a bit disappointing.

Balmoral can carry 1,300 passengers....

Over 1,700 since the rebuild according to Wiki.

ON iPlayer for anyone who missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b036ypxj/The_Cruise_A_Life_at_Sea_Southampton_to_Mexico/

We've never been on a Fred Olsen cruise and won't be booking one on the basis of this programme. I't fitted the stereotypes of cruising that I used to hold until I discovered RCI and Celebrity. Only 10 days to our next trip!!

Certainly put me off booking a Fred Olsen. If I didnt know that it was not typical of other cruise lines I would be put off cruising forever.

Well it certainly lived up to the stereotypical image I had of Fred olsen. Anyone who hasn't cruised before will surely be put off after watching this! We shall be sticking with Rci & Celebrity.:D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Forums mobile app

Agree with everyones comments - it also lived up to my idea of FO cruises, and I won't be booking one anytime soon (not for at least 30yrs anyway,lol)

The decor did bring back fond memories however......................of P&O Canberra circa 1995 :eek:

I'll stick with Celebrity, thank you very much :)

Lou

"It is important to note that the focus of the The Cruise: A Life At Sea' series is the Chaplain. The series was commissioned by the BBC's Religion and Ethics Department, under the premise of taking its hugely popular Island Parish series to sea, and as such 'The Cruise: A Life At Sea' is about the Chaplain's life on board, who he comes to meet and the activities that he undertakes in the course of his travels.

"It is important to note that the focus of the The Cruise: A Life At Sea' series is the Chaplain. The series was commissioned by the BBC's Religion and Ethics Department, under the premise of taking its hugely popular Island Parish series to sea, and as such 'The Cruise: A Life At Sea' is about the Chaplain's life on board, who he comes to meet and the activities that he undertakes in the course of his travels.

Hi red card

I think we got this but the comments are about the Fred Olsen experience which are significantly different to the cruise experience that I and most of the other posters on this thread enjoy. This tv programme with or without the chaplain would put many off cruising and fits the perception of many people who have not cruised. Celebrity Eclipse in 5 days for us!

Watched it - I suppose there are people out there looking for this type of interaction and it would be great for them. Personally I won't be booking one.

On the other hand I really have this weird urge to watch another episode, even though I thought I had wasted 30 minutes of my life, the people watching bit has me intrigued as to what will come next.

Hi red card

I think we got this but the comments are about the Fred Olsen experience which are significantly different to the cruise experience that I and most of the other posters on this thread enjoy. This tv programme with or without the chaplain would put many off cruising and fits the perception of many people who have not cruised. Celebrity Eclipse in 5 days for us!

People don't get it. It's a religious programme, not a holiday programme.

People don't get it. It's a religious programme, not a holiday programme.

Yes, so it seems. I noticed in the credits at the end tonight:-

Religion & Ethics Production, Salford.

Having now watched the first three episodes and actually been onboard on the third episode, I really cannot see what all the fuss is about. The programme is not about cruising, but about a small community, as in the previous series of parish priests, except this one is based on a community on a ship.

Oh yes, I had my 2 seconds of fame, I am on the third program:D:D

Archived