Caffeine Free Diet coke on Azamara Journey?

Lafayette59

We love Azamara!! We last cruised the Quest two years ago, and have just booked the Journey for July 27th, 2014 to the Fjords and Iceland. We are not drinkers, perpetually dieting, and really missed having a caffeine free diet coke or diet root beer. We did have Caffeine free Diet Coke on our Celebrity Infinity British Isles cruise on June 3rd, and while we much prefer small ship Azamara to any other cruise line, life would be a little bit sweeter with Caffeine free Diet Coke. Pretty please!! How much club soda can one person drink?

We love Azamara!! We last cruised the Quest two years ago, and have just booked the Journey for July 27th, 2014 to the Fjords and Iceland. We are not drinkers, perpetually dieting, and really missed having a caffeine free diet coke or diet root beer. We did have Caffeine free Diet Coke on our Celebrity Infinity British Isles cruise on June 3rd, and while we much prefer small ship Azamara to any other cruise line, life would be a little bit sweeter with Caffeine free Diet Coke. Pretty please!! How much club soda can one person drink?
Motion seconded. They did offer Diet Sprite on our December Quest cruises but even that gets old on a long cruise.

Should be very easy for Azamara to add, as Royal Caribbean ships feature Coca-Cola products. FWIW, Celebrity usually has Caffeine-Free Diet Coke onboard their ships, though it's usually depleted before the end of the cruise.

I would also like to have other types of diet soda too. I don't drink beer, wine or spirts. Azamara has 32 different spirits. Cocktails and Long Drinks there are 30 different drinks. Beers there are 4 kinds to choose from. Boutique wines there are about 19 kinds offered. Diet sodas and bottled water not so many. I know that Bill is looking into this, from another post I made. For a person who does not drink the harder drinks, soda is important. I do not care to have to bring it on board for my self. Just adding my two cents in.:)

Should be very easy for Azamara to add, as Royal Caribbean ships feature Coca-Cola products. FWIW, Celebrity usually has Caffeine-Free Diet Coke onboard their ships, though it's usually depleted before the end of the cruise.

We should all call Azamara once a week to request it....what do you think? If you don't ask you don't get it.

Marion

In a similar vein, can anyone tell me if Azamara offers Dr. Pepper?

On Oceania, they provide it if you order it ahead of time so we figured we try to make a special request on Azamara.

Our TA called Azamara and the rep did not even know if it is on the menu ( i have learned from all of you that the land based service is a disaster and the on board service is fabulous -- confirmed) and said they do not honor any special requests. Frankly, that's a lousy policy if they are trying to attract the luxury cruisers, but I digress.

Not a deal breaker but my husband loves it so I'd like to know.

Good grief, have times changed? I can remember when we asked for Dr. Pepper in California, and they asked, "Are you from Texas?" ;):D

Good grief, have times changed? I can remember when we asked for Dr. Pepper in California, and they asked, "Are you from Texas?" ;):D

My husband is addicted to it -- I think

But there are worse addictions.

I would love more fruit juices, I don't drink and I don't like sodas, inc coke or pepsi, caffeine free or otherwise, so I am stuck with water or apple juice (if they can find it). So please Azamara more fruit juices.

Hilary

I like Dr Pepper Caffeine free Diet, and diet Sunkist (when I need a caffeine).

It could be a deal breaker for me. I see 81 kinds of wine, beer and spirits offered, and not much of anything that I like to drink. Azamara, there are some of us who don't drink anything hard, and we cruise too. How about taking care of us too!:)

I like Dr Pepper Caffeine free Diet, and diet Sunkist (when I need a caffeine).

It could be a deal breaker for me. I see 81 kinds of wine, beer and spirits offered, and not much of anything that I like to drink. Azamara, there are some of us who don't drink anything hard, and we cruise too. How about taking care of us too!:)

I am rather surprised that something like this could be a deal-breaker. Bring your own onboard if Azamara doesn't have it--it isn't a big deal. As a Diet Mountain Dew drinker I know that overseas some of our US sodas are not readily available...but if you won't enjoy life onboard without them, by all means bring them with you.

I think it's unreasonable to expect any cruise line to carry every type of beverage ever invented in case one of their passengers should enjoy it. If nothing else, I'd think the available space, difficulty of finding a supply in every country, and organizational issues involved with keeping track of the inventory onboard would make it very difficult for them.

A couple of caffeine-free, sugar-free options seem like they'd be reasonable though, if they don't already offer them.

No harm in asking for anything, of course...but I don't expect any cruiseline to supply me with Diet Mountain Dew. Just saying! :)

I am rather surprised that something like this could be a deal-breaker. Bring your own onboard if Azamara doesn't have it--it isn't a big deal. As a Diet Mountain Dew drinker I know that overseas some of our US sodas are not readily available...but if you won't enjoy life onboard without them, by all means bring them with you.

I think it's unreasonable to expect any cruise line to carry every type of beverage ever invented in case one of their passengers should enjoy it. If nothing else, I'd think the available space, difficulty of finding a supply in every country, and organizational issues involved with keeping track of the inventory onboard would make it very difficult for them.

A couple of caffeine-free, sugar-free options seem like they'd be reasonable though, if they don't already offer them.

No harm in asking for anything, of course...but I don't expect any cruiseline to supply me with Diet Mountain Dew. Just saying! :)

Yes it could be a deal breaker. At the price I would be paying, it would be nice to have some more choice in diet sodas. There are many choices in wine, beer and spirits. I only cruise from US ports. Not hard for a cruise line to find soda there.

I never said that cruise line should carry every type of beverage ever invented in case one of their passengers should enjoy it. :) Just a few more kinds would be more in line with an upscale cruise line.

It is not a deal breaker for us, but if Azamara wants to compete with the luxury lines, it had better understand that those lines (and its chief competitor Oceania) will supply its guests with most anything within reason -- regardless of your stateroom category -- if it is available from the local supplier. The TA requests and it's done. We get 2 cases of Dr. Pepper every cruise - it is not carried on the ship. Sometimes it is stacked like a pyramid in our stateroom (nice touch). I have seen guests have asparagus every night as a side dish, just because they asked. It was pre-arranged.

I know Regent will do the same. We had the same experience on the PG.

The culture of "No" won't help Azamara attract those who are accustomed the culture of "Yes."

RCCl has and is getting Freestyle coke machines. This would give bottomfeeder his Mountian Dew and me Dr. Pepper plus ove 90 other kinds of soda. We could even enjoy together a Mt. Dew, Dr pepper mix!

RCCL is putting them on their ship. (just

go to RCCl board and look it up). The machine can serve 100 different kinds of soda. I am sure Azamara should know about this machine. After all they are a up market line.

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/

On Oceania, they provide it if you order it ahead of time so we figured we try to make a special request on Azamara.

Our TA called Azamara and the rep did not even know if it is on the menu ( i have learned from all of you that the land based service is a disaster and the on board service is fabulous -- confirmed) and said they do not honor any special requests. Frankly, that's a lousy policy if they are trying to attract the luxury cruisers, but I digress.

Not a deal breaker but my husband loves it so I'd like to know.

Hi Laraine,

I'm virtually certain Azamara does not offer Dr Pepper products.

RCCl has and is getting Freestyle coke machines. This would give bottomfeeder his Mountian Dew and me Dr. Pepper plus ove 90 other kinds of soda. We could even enjoy together a Mt. Dew, Dr pepper mix!

RCCL is putting them on their ship. (just

go to RCCl board and look it up). The machine can serve 100 different kinds of soda. I am sure Azamara should know about this machine. After all they are a up market line.

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/

Hi Maria,

I've tried the Freestyle machine on several occasions, and they are THE BEST. The flavors are great, and they leave zero taste residue from the prior drink selected - which has always been a problem for single cup dispensing machines. I've already suggested Freestyle to Celebrity on a number of occasions. So far, it has not happened.

I agree the Freestyle machine would be a welcome addition to Azamara ships. I will be happy to pass the suggestion along to Azamara's director of Hotel ops.

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks

No big deal.

I will "prepare" my husband to ease the disappointment. LOL

I like Diet Dr Pepper too, but my soft drink of choice is Diet Cherry Coca Cola. I've never seen it on a Cruise Ship yet, and probably wont, unless I sail on a ship with a Freestyle machine.

I like Diet Dr Pepper too, but my soft drink of choice is Diet Cherry Coca Cola. I've never seen it on a Cruise Ship yet, and probably wont, unless I sail on a ship with a Freestyle machine.

Or sail Oceania. They will put it in your stateroom for you.