Caffeine Free Diet coke on Azamara Journey?

Lafayette59

We will be on the Azamara Journeu on act/Nov and I would love to be able to have caffeine free diet coke. What about it Azamara?

Hello Grandma cruising -

I learned from the Bar Manager on the Azamara Journey that in addition to Diet Coke and Diet Sprite there is occasionally a limited supply of caffeine-free Diet Coke, but that depends on the market where the vessel is operating and whether the product is available for local purchase.

On page 2 of this thread, I replied to this question and informed the readers that their comments would be forwarded to our Vice President of Hotel Operations for his review and consideration in creating a global policy. Here is a link to that page: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1874777&page=2

Here are key points from my July 7, 2013 response:

§ It seems the issue's focus is the limited variety of soft drinks offered and the procedure for guests to request their personal preferences.

§ Unlike a supermarket, our degree of flexibility is limited by the timing and delivering of our pre-determined orders that we receive at various ports of call during each vessel's operation.

§ Sometimes, we may be or not be able to purchase some items in the local market.

§ Further, the platform for operating and managing our alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage products is a function of our automated inventory management and Point of Sale (electronic cash register) systems. Therefore, when special requests are fulfilled, there will be variances in both the inventory and accounting systems.

§ There is a process in place for guests to request their preferences. It starts with making your request through reservations (or in the UK through customer service @ azamaraservice.uk@rccl.com.)

o
Your special request is added to your booking record and forwarded to the Azamara beverage team; however, that does not mean that it is guaranteed.

o
The vessel may be able to fulfill your request, but it very much depends on the geographical area of operation and the amount of prior notice provided.

Update:

At this point in time, the policy is still under consideration. The challenge is to set realistic guest expectations related to the list of products that can be ordered. It will be contingent on whether the product is available locally. For example, guests wanting Dr. Pepper on a cruise leaving from Bali is unlikely to happen because flying special requests around the world will not be an option.

In the meantime, I will be in contact with the Hotel Operations to follow their progress on a final soft-drink policy, which I expect will be forthcoming within the next 30 days.

Once I have the details, I will share them on the forum and I appreciate your patience while we fine-tune the program.

We do look forward to welcoming you onboard later this year.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill for the explanation and doing everything within your power to help us addicts get our fix of Caffeine Free Diet Coke!

Since we are leaving out of Seville for a TA on the Quest in November we might not be able to get any Caffeine Free Diet Coke in this Spanish port. I will keep my fingers crossed. I used to bring it in my luggage but since I now travel light with only one piece of carry-on luggage it is impossible.

Marion

Hi Marion,

- noticed on another Azamara thread, your 'craving' for this beverage!

- good news, you'll have no problem in obtaining this Coke variant here in Spain.

- just remember that here, all 'Diet' drinks are called 'Light', so you'll be looking for 'Coca Cola Light Sin Cafeina', easily purchased from any Supermarket, and sometimes available in larger Bars.

Cheers/Salud!

Bryn

Hi Marion,

- noticed on another Azamara thread, your 'craving' for this beverage!

- good news, you'll have no problem in obtaining this Coke variant here in Spain.

- just remember that here, all 'Diet' drinks are called 'Light', so you'll be looking for 'Coca Cola Light Sin Cafeina', easily purchased from any Supermarket, and sometimes available in larger Bars.

Cheers/Salud!

Bryn

Thanks for the good news Bryn - I look forward to meetring you in November.

Marion

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
I didn't see any, but I wasn't looking for it. I did see Diet Sprite, which I also like.

We are sailing on the Quest out of Barcelona. Can anyone tell me if they have Clamato on board for my Bloody Caesars?

The shore people in the States say yes, but I would like to confirm with people who actually know.

We are sailing on the Quest out of Barcelona. Can anyone tell me if they have Clamato on board for my Bloody Caesars?

The shore people in the States say yes, but I would like to confirm with people who actually know.

Love that drink and hope Clamato is on board as well! Too heavy for me to bring it from home!! and probably not something sold in Barcelona! LuAnn

Love that drink and hope Clamato is on board as well! Too heavy for me to bring it from home!! and probably not something sold in Barcelona! LuAnn

I may have to bring a couple of bottles of Clamato. We are allowed 2 checked bags so one may have Clamato and my Demitries.