Mini suite ?'s

Socref124

We are thinking about getting a mini suite on the Getaway out of Miami next year. Does a mini suite get the suite perks? Or any perks at all?

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.

No suite perks. Room categories starting with "S" do.

We are thinking about getting a mini suite on the Getaway out of Miami next year. Does a mini suite get the suite perks? Or any perks at all?

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.

dexddd is correct, no perks. The term mini-suite is misleading to new cruisers. NCL needs to drop that name and call them deluxe balconies. Mini-suites are a little larger, have a larger balcony and have a tub and shower instead of just a shower. We like them for the extra room but sorry no perks.

Yup to all the above - no perks but extra room. We're frequent Carnival cruisers and like the size of their standard balcony cabins. Just got off the Gem today and had a regular balcony. It was so cramped with 3 people, I will never not book a mini suite with NCL again.

Mini-suites are a little larger, have a larger balcony and have a tub and shower instead of just a shower.

The tub part is not absolute truth anymore, not all minis on newer ships have tubs like there was on Jewel class and older ships.

Mini-suites are a little larger, have a larger balcony and have a tub and shower instead of just a shower. We like them for the extra room but sorry no perks.

That is not 100% true. The family mini suites on the Breakaway Class ships have tubs, regular mini suites have huge showers. The balconies are not bigger either unless you get a M6 Mini Suite with the large balcony.

Again, like the other posts have said, you get zero perks with a mini suite. Just a nice big bathroom, a bit bigger room and that's about it.

I had a B9 spa minisuite on my recent Breakaway cruise. It was basically the same as the regular minisuites aside from lighter colored decor and spa access for the week was included. The balcony was tiny, so if the Getaway minisuites design is similar, I would opt for a large balcony minisuite on deck 8, or go for a B1 aft balcony which you will sacrifice a small bit of interior space but get a much larger usable balcony.

Archived