Half Moon Cay cabana map

dotcomgirl

thanks for all this info, we are jus too older folks who would like to swim and have the ship food I think they provide a bbq? we probabley will not stay long and would love to just meander off the ship when we want. Am I day dreaming that this could work? just need shade really. Although the cabanas sound so nice its just the two of us..any more advice appreciated...I do not liked to be crowded so a thinking we should walk aways? or just grin and bear it?

You'll be fine! I would suggest walking down the beach aways though. You'll be able to get decent shade that way and have fewer crowds. Once you get past cabana 9 or so, the crowds are noticeably thinner. I really liked being almost at the far end of the beach. The difference in people was huge. And yes, there is a decent lunch served with hot dogs and burgers and such.

Thanks for the map! This is most helpful. I will be there in January with my entire family (4 total). I have reserved a cabana this time. Last time I was there myself and of course it wasn't worth it for just me but they looked great for a group like we have!

Can anyone tell me if they still offer transportation to the farther cabanas? My dad has bad knees and my mom has a bad back and I really want one of the farther ones but I am not convinced they could walk all the way down there!

Thanks in advance for any help!

We were just there last week on the Glory and you had to wait until you arrived on half Moon Cay to rent the clamshell ($25 for the day) - this actually saved me $25 bc we didn't end up needing it. We just moved a couple of chairs into the shade.

They are located all along the beach - not just in one section

We were down at the end of the beach near the tenders and snorkel area and there were plenty even arriving on a later tender

• 1 month later...
In my searches for which cabana to pick on HMC, I found that there really is no detailed (numbered/colored) map to help show people cabana locations along with the new beach villa locations. So.... I used my references found online and changed a regular map in Photoshop to show the cabanas. I colored each one the color it actually is and also numbered them. I also labeled the beach villas. They are lettered and are the red squares. According to Carnival's website, beach villas D and E are wheelchair accessible. I added in the Pirate Ship Bar as well.

Now please keep in mind that I have never personally been to HMC, so if any part of my map changes are incorrect, just let me know and I will fix it! I can't wait to visit HMC for the first time this October!

I hope this map is useful for someone!

cabanas.jpg

OMGOSH! THANK YOU so much for this! We are going in Sept and I had heard some of the cabanas had a steep hill. I cant wait!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

We are finally getting to go to HMC in March (I hope), after 2 cancellations due to hurricanes. We have booked the aquatrax excursion and I am wondering how far the walk is from the tender drop off? I'm a little worried because the excursion starts at 9 am and it seems like it will be a healthy walk to get there. Any info would be appreciated. Plus, anyone who has done this--what was it like? Was it fun or do they limit how much you can do? If we have a 9 am excursion, do we get a priority tender?

Thx

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
added a question

• 2 months later...

We wanted a cabana for our visit there off the Glory on July 12th, but they were all taken. I grabbed a villa even though there are only 2 of us. I will try to sell the other spots for $55.00 to anyone on the cruise who might be interested, but can also cancel it if there is no interest on the roll calls or here. :)

Hi All

We are finally getting to go to HMC in March (I hope), after 2 cancellations due to hurricanes. We have booked the aquatrax excursion and I am wondering how far the walk is from the tender drop off? I'm a little worried because the excursion starts at 9 am and it seems like it will be a healthy walk to get there. Any info would be appreciated. Plus, anyone who has done this--what was it like? Was it fun or do they limit how much you can do? If we have a 9 am excursion, do we get a priority tender?

Thx

ML

Yes, you get priority tendering with a booked excursion. They also have safari style trucks to shuttle people who have excursions and cabanas/villas to where they need to go. To the left after you pass through the gate is the excursion desk, just ask for the shuttle. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We had cabana 6 (purple) rented on a Christmas cruise in 2013. Best money spent. Loved that we could get out of the Heat to air conditioning if wanted. Snacks and non alcoholic drinks were provided with the cost. 4 Beach floats also. Would definitely pay again. Have one booked on Princess Cays in January.

Only downside was the large cabana C beside us was for lots of people. The woman who rented that must have thought that the beach belonged to her and her family. She tried to take our beach chairs that were in front of our cabana. Said she paid for more chairs. :confused: When we wouldn't give them up she tried taking more chairs from all the other cabanas. no one would give them up. She tried to claim all the clam shells around also. Still no luck. She went to get rep who pretty much told her the same thing. You don't own the beach. Most of her group were embarrassed by her. Fun cruise for them as this was first day.

Just back was at HMC for the third time Thursday. Had cabana #15. It was very empty snd quiet till around noon when a steady stream of crew members started arriving. They came down alongside the cabana looking in as they walked by. There is a stack of chairs right next to that cabana and that's where many crew hang out. A lot of them were smoking and the butt can was right in front of the cabana. They played their own loud music which drowned out the music we were enjoying from the pirate bar. We were in this cabana last year and experienced a similar experience but others on here said they hadn't seen this. I won't rent this one again. The topper was when I was in the water and saw a man going up into the cabana. I was worried about our belongings so I hurried out of the water. As I approached the cabana I saw a crew member completely changing into his swimsuit! I explained to him about the cabana and he seemed not to understand. Two other crew members who were smoking in front of the cabana said he was new and didn't know. I don't know why the didn't tell him. The crew work hard and deserve their time off but if you don't like loud music or cigarette smoke I would get a different cabana,

• 2 weeks later...
After reading this thread, I booked #10 green cabana for our Dec 26 cruise. You can now choose the cabana you want when booking this online.

SOOO glad I've been following this thread to find this out. Thanks so much and have a great time!!!!