Park & Cruise - Seattle?????

KCGranny

DH and I are planning to drive to Seattle before taking an Alaska cruise. We would appreciate any information as to where would be a safe (and hopefully not too expensive) place to park our car while we're cruising.

DH and I are planning to drive to Seattle before taking an Alaska cruise. We would appreciate any information as to where would be a safe (and hopefully not too expensive) place to park our car while we're cruising.

The cheapest would at the Seattle airport. Select an off site parking lot . The other option is find a park & cruise hotel in Seattle .

When I looked into driving down from

Vancouver and doing an overnight stay plus parking for a week we were able to take the Amtrak roundrip and still save a few hundred dollars!! The parking in Seattle is very expensive, many hotels charge $25+/night for parking. Maybe see if there are any hotels with a shuttle from Slightly out of town. It is a ways out but we liked Double Tree at South Center and parking was free.

We just park at the pier. It is not that expensive per day and it is a short shuttle between the dock and parking. It has helped when my DW forgot something in the 4runner while we were waiting for security to open. Ten minutes later I made the round trip with what she left.

we parked across from Pier 91 this past August for 14 days and paid $247. I looked at several things before hand like stay and park, or finding a private parking spot but the convenience of parking right there just outweighed any negatives about the cost. Republic Parking runs the lot but be warned, if you come up from the south, the exit from the expressway will probably be clogged. Don't bypass it however. We wasted about an hour trying to get back to the pier after we thought "this can't be our exit". No GPS with us so we stopped and asked some utility workers who had detailed city maps with them and they showed us how to get out of the endless loop of dead end streets in the subdivision we were in. It was an adventure. We now own a GPS unit!!!

We were just on a cruise out of Seattle Pier 91 and there is a parking lot right there with porta potties (we needed that after the long drive) and a free shuttle right to the door of the entrance to the building that leads to the ship - we paid $177 for 7 days parking but others in our party parked at one off site for a lot less and they had a free shuttle as well and even though our arrangement worked well for us, they said it all worked for them as well - we just googled seattle cruise ship parking to find them

We have a hotel that we stay in that is a little south of Seattle - near the airport - that will keep the car for 7 days for free as well as take you down to the ship. You have to pay for the shuttle back and I think the price for the cruise package may be a little more than the regular price of a room, but it is cheaper than a regular parking lot.

We've parked at the port for many cruises. We've stayed with Republic Parking even though it is a bit more ($177.00) for the week. You can make a reservation on-line and prepay it which is nice. The shuttle drivers are awesome and so accommodating. The shuttle runs very often. On arrival I drop DH at the port with the luggage and a tip for the porter, then I go park. I haven't waited more than a couple of minutes for the shuttle. ON the return trip the porter and wheelchair assist person from the ship wheel us right to the shuttle, the porter and shuttle person load our luggage and off we go. Since I've had handicapped spots near where the shuttle drops us the driver has even brought our larger bags to the car for us and loaded them in (I've tipped of course). There is another lot at the armory which is slightly cheaper, about $25.00, but it is a bit farther away and I tend to stick with what I know.

Karen

We stay at a hotel just north of downtown Seattle that offers parking and free shuttle service to both terminals. I believe it was about $180 in May for room, parking, and shuttle. Not a bad place- recently remodeled and pretty nice breakfast.

Near a major mall so lots of restaurants and places to go. My email is in sig if you'd like the name

SOOO appreciate you all taking the time to respond. Radbooks, do you know if the hotel you use would allow parking for 14 days? Would you mind telling me which hotel it is?

You can park for 14 days but you have to pay for those extra 7 days - something like $7 or $8 per day I think. It's the Comfort Suites Airport in Tukwila, WA

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-tukwila-washington-WA124?sid=QP$Li.H2eLhg$8og.7

SOOO appreciate you all taking the time to respond. Radbooks, do you know if the hotel you use would allow parking for 14 days? Would you mind telling me which hotel it is?

Here is where we parked on our cruise which just returned 7/7.

http://www.bridgestoragewa.com/park_and_cruise.php

I dropped my wife off with luggage, parked and my case just hopped a bus. But one could easily take a taxi the 1.7 miles back to the port. It was $100 for up to 15 days which works better for the longer cruises. :)

Archived