Details on the NEW 2016 ship!

Why oh why will carnival not learn. It is time for a completely new ship design Carnival.

I agree. Every other cruise line periodically comes up with entirely new ship designs... A new hull, a new internal layout, the works. I just cannot understand why Carnival, with its incredible resources, cannot do the same. I guess the simple answer is this: they realize that they don't have to. They realize that Vista is different enough from her predecessors to generate enough excitement to drive some higher pricing, at least for a while. She's also thoroughly monetized with the new cabin categories and specialty dining options that she'll make them boatloads of money, which is, of course, the objective for any company. Royal's Quantum and NCL's Breakaway/Escape are the same way, cannot fault any of them!

I was following this build with the hope that it would be something completely new and would excite me enough to get me back on Carnival, a line I've sailed many times and have many great memories on. It did not get there for me, unfortunately. I hope those of you who sail Vista have an amazing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We may disagree on this ship, but we agree 100% on this point. Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If Carnival is one thing when it comes to ship design, it is predictable (like it or not). There was really no chance for them to abandon the "evolution" of the Dream class to move to Vista.

It is what it is. I was not trying to be mean, but if it really does mean that much, you should move on. I love the Breeze and sure I will love the Vista class. Carnival has always been the value leader and more people on a ship comes along with that. It is simply a fact.

Edited by jimbo5544

Our inside on the Allure was almost the same size as an inside on CCL. However, I could see the importance of having more area in a cabin on CCL as you'll spend more time in it. It gives you a place to rest when you are tired of the long lines on the lido deck, the huge mobs of people on the promenade deck and pool area. Also, with a lack of entertainment and activities, you can sit in the room and watch the colorado feeds on the TV- wow!

We really didn't spend much time in our room as, along with the ports, we had a lot of shows to see, rode the flowrider, merry go round, attended the parades, got pics with dreamworks charactors, etc.

This new CCL ship looks like a continuation of CCL trying to cram more people into an old design, nothing at all innovative.

I remember when the sunshine came out, you said that the it would not be crowded, that CCL's cracker jack team of designers would make a crowded ship feel less crowded by adding 400 more people to it- yeah, we all know how that went.

If you look at the cruise as a glass half empty you won't enjoy anything. I just happened to finish a cruise on the Sunshine and had the most fun I have ever had on a CCL cruise. Attitude is important, life and cruises are what you make it. When you have a line, think about the passenger in the wheelchair who would give anything to be able to stand and wait in the line. Get the point!! I found that with two of us in the cabin (most people travel in couples) the space is plenty big enough. Maybe you need to fly on the roomy airplane and go right to the resort where you can sprawl out and stay in one place and hope you can find food, entertainment, etc. all in one area!!

well, i posted a question about the pools and can't find it in this merged thread.... so... does anyone know if there is an adult only pool??

Also, did they finally do away with the Jumbo tron??:D:D

Not sure on adult only pool but the jumbtron is on deck 12.

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/VS/DeckPlans/Vista-Deck-Plan-PDFpdf

No adult only pool by the looks of it...unless they announce one of the two themed ones are.

The Havana pool might be pretty much adults as I am sure the Havana cabins only are 2 occupancy (therefore all couples). Not sure if they are worth it though!

No adult only pool by the looks of it...unless they announce one of the two themed ones are.

The Havana pool might be pretty much adults as I am sure the Havana cabins only are 2 occupancy (therefore all couples). Not sure if they are worth it though!

I saw something on JH's FB posts yesterday or the day before that indicated the Havana pools would be adult only during certain periods, or exclusive to Cabana cabins during certain periods. Can't access that at present but I'm sure someone else on here saw that too.

Evolutionary, not revolutionary.

I always thought the Fantasy Class was the ideal size, then we sailed on the Dream & the Victory and were comfortable there. I won't be an early adopter, but I won't say never.

22 Days to the Breeze Southern Caribbean!

Just looked Havana some Havana cabins are 3 and 4 occupancy, so families could also be there. There is no where stated it's adult only, sorry

I saw something on JH's FB posts yesterday or the day before that indicated the Havana pools would be adult only during certain periods, or exclusive to Cabana cabins during certain periods. Can't access that at present but I'm sure someone else on here saw that too.

Havana Club pool is exclusive to HC guests during the day - but open to all in the evenings.

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

Ok, I was wrong. Just found this

Carnival Vista will offer a wide variety of well-appointed, beautifully designed staterooms and suites including two new accommodation classes. Tropics-inspired Havana Cabanas feature suites with private outdoor patios – complete with lounge chairs and hammock – that face the expanded Lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade and offer magnificent sea views in addition to easy access to the Havana Bar and Pool. The new Havana Pool is located aft and offers stunning views of the ocean, whirlpools and a relaxation area, complete with colorful umbrellas, faux palm trees, thatched patio huts and comfy seating. This pool is for the exclusive use of Havana Cabana guests through 5 p.m. each day and guests using this pool must be 12 or older.

Any info on the Spa? Will it have a thallaso pool?

Maggie

yes, it will. from here:

See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/01/22/coming-in-2016-new-carnival-vista-to-connect-guests-to-the-sea-with-sweeping-ocean-views-at-every-turn-will-also-feature-high-altitude-sky-ride-and-worlds-first-imax-theatre-at-sea/#sthash.hrqSO4cG.dpuf

For those looking to unwind and relax, Carnival Vista has a lot to ahhh about. The luxurious two-level Cloud 9 Spa will feature an array of chill-worthy amenities, including a thalassotherapy pool, four steam chambers, the line’s first infrared sauna and hamam, and special “experience showers” that provide a soothing fragrance element, along with a high-tech indoor cycling studio. Guests can get away from it all at the adults-only Serenity retreat, where there’s breathtaking views, tranquility and even more lounging options to relax including the line’s first outdoor massage huts.