Dressing for dinner

sta319

I hope most people on this are kidding. I cruise on several cruise lines including Azamara and Oceania and also Carnival and the thing I like about Azamara and Oceania was the people on them pay extra to have a smaller ship, better service, and adults. All this talk about dress and jeans sounds more like Carnival(I like Carnival but people pay a lot less and dress is discussed and wear is much more casual than A and O). On A and O, we just wore nice slacks/pants and variety of shirts/tops. I never really looked at other's clothing for dinners because everyone always looked nice. This thread really amazes me-sadly.

I hope most people on this are kidding. I cruise on several cruise lines including Azamara and Oceania and also Carnival and the thing I like about Azamara and Oceania was the people on them pay extra to have a smaller ship, better service, and adults. All this talk about dress and jeans sounds more like Carnival(I like Carnival but people pay a lot less and dress is discussed and wear is much more casual than A and O). On A and O, we just wore nice slacks/pants and variety of shirts/tops. I never really looked at other's clothing for dinners because everyone always looked nice. This thread really amazes me-sadly.

Yes, it amazes me also. Seems some people just need to get over themselves huh?

Appeared to just be a simple discussion, nothing wrong with that.

My motto for dinner: black pants, different tops. Unless it's a tropical cruise, then it's white pants, different tops. Boring, but it makes packing so much easier. ;)

I am daring: I'll bring both white pants and black pants on the same cruise to use in my dinner wardrobe! :D Of course, the black pants do a better job hiding the errors of messy eating and simply eating at all!

A lot like Celebrity, as I posted earlier.

I wish this thread would die a natural death.

Now, I've got to ask about the sandal policy. I surely don't intend to wear "shower shoe" flip-flops or rustic Teva sandals to the dining room or specialty restaurants. However, I have several pairs of cute peep-toe heels and wedge sandals (classy ones) that I've certainly worn to business meetings or festive events. We live in Arizona so it's pretty standard for the dress shoe category to be sandal-inclusive.

What's the general presence of this kind of footwear?

I have several pairs of cute peep-toe heels and wedge sandals (classy ones) that I've certainly worn to business meetings or festive events. We live in Arizona so it's pretty standard for the dress shoe category to be sandal-inclusive.

What's the general presence of this kind of footwear?

They are fine for dinner

Archived