Platinum on 10th?

KarenMF

If you have your cruise #9 & #10 paid in full you will be platinum on your #9 right? I thought I have read that a couple of times before, that when they wen to print their Funpass it said priority.

Until the end of this year it starts on the 10th cruise. Doesn't matter how many more are booked or paid for.... How many you have been on.

If you have your cruise #9 & #10 paid in full you will be platinum on your #9 right? I thought I have read that a couple of times before, that when they wen to print their Funpass it said priority.

I have not read this, though it is possible.

I have read if #9 and #10 are B2B you will board #9 as VIP.

Supposedly, only if 9 and 10 are B2B. Otherwise, you get your first Platinum cards when you board #10. Some folks (so maybe it's some ships) say they got Gold for the first half and Plat for the second half of a B2B... but maybe they booked online and didn't confirm the B2B with Carnival.

What changes are they making to the program? Is it on their website? Thanks!! :confused:

No changes since this time last year - just that the "grandfathering" period runs out on Dec 31. If you haven't started your 10th cruise by then, you go under the new rule that puts Platinum at 75 sailing days regardless of number of cruises.

Are #9 & #10 B2B on the same ship? We received PRIORITY Platinum boarding on our 9th cruise this past January because it was the first leg of our B2B. I was very surprised and very happy that they did that.

Hi all, Well, I have 9 completed and are booking another, but can't sail on it till February. If I pay in full for that 10th, cruise, before the end of the year, will that get me Platinum status? .... (Hey, I know I'm reaching here, but thought I'd ask.)

No changes since this time last year - just that the "grandfathering" period runs out on Dec 31. If you haven't started your 10th cruise by then, you go under the new rule that puts Platinum at 75 sailing days regardless of number of cruises.

Thank you! No worries for me....it'll be a long time till I make it there. In the meantime, I guess I'll try the FTTF on my November cruise.

I believe you must cruise by Dec 31 2013 to be grandfathered into plat. That is kind of a bummer for you as you will fall into the 75 day thing, I think.

Hi all, Well, I have 9 completed and are booking another, but can't sail on it till February. If I pay in full for that 10th, cruise, before the end of the year, will that get me Platinum status? .... (Hey, I know I'm reaching here, but thought I'd ask.)

I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

When we booked our 10th cruise for feb 2014, the pvp said since we were so close she requeated us to be priority. I checked a few days later and our bagtags said priority. We have since taken a 5 dayer so that made our 10. I would call and ask, since its so close to your 10th.

:D

I have not read this, though it is possible.

I have read if #9 and #10 are B2B you will board #9 as VIP.

This is accurate. I just paid off my b2b 9th and 10th cruise printed my boarding pass it says Priority and ...... drum roll Platinum next to my name.

I called to inquire if my husband would be platinum on our Oct cruise to Hawaii.It would be his #10 cruise but would also have required number of days in the new program during the cruise--75 days sailed in the middle of the cruise It did not really matter as I have been platinum for a long time so we get early embarkation. He just wanted the platinum card--which I think is silly but it's his card. Anyway I was told he would board with a gold card but have platinum benefits. I just paid off our cruise and checked boarding documents and his states platinum for all future cruises as we have 2 booked next year as well. I think they need another training session. Not knocking Carnival employees as I normally have a good experience but just saying a little training would go along way!

Archived