Yet another "Unlimited Soda & More Package" question

ToUtahNow

My wife loves her hot chocolate as much as some love their coffee. We are going on a very late in the season (third week of September) trip to Alaska so I was considering getting the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" for the hot chocolate. My question is, do they offer the hot chocolate in sugar-free?

Mark

I do not know the answer about sugar free, but usually on the Alaskan cruises there will be free regular hot chocolate available on the pool deck.

For non-Alaska cruises, the coffee card (costs less than the unlimited soda and more package) includes unlimited hot chocolate at the IC or lobby bar (or equivalent) and would include sugar free if that exists.

I do not know the answer about sugar free, but usually on the Alaskan cruises there will be free regular hot chocolate available on the pool deck.

For non-Alaska cruises, the coffee card (costs less than the unlimited soda and more package) includes unlimited hot chocolate at the IC or lobby bar (or equivalent) and would include sugar free if that exists.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Mark

We recently returned from a British Isles cruise on Caribbean Princess and when we asked we were told that the coffee card does not include free hot chocolate at the IC so we purchased the Ultimate soda+ package.

We recently returned from a British Isles cruise on Caribbean Princess and when we asked we were told that the coffee card does not include free hot chocolate at the IC so we purchased the Ultimate soda+ package.

If this is true, and not just a mistake on the part of one person, that is a change in policy. DH frequently got hot chocolate made with steamed milk with his coffee card, and it was not punched.

Why pay all that money for a drink package if hot cocoa is all you are interested in? Just bring along some packets of instant hot cocoa and make your own at the Horizon Court.

We didnt just buy the Ultimate Soda+ package just for the hot chocolate but for other drinks available but when we got onboard and asked about coffee cards and soda package we were told that you get free hot chocolate with soda+ package but not with your coffee card you only got free brewed coffee and tea.

Officially the coffee card only covers brewed coffee and tea as unlimited, I've noticed a lot of the baristas do not punch for basic hot chocolate..

Interesting, the Princess description for the card does not mentioned brewed anymore:

"

Café Selects Coffee Card

Treat yourself to flavor with perks and get the Café Selects Coffee Card, which entitles you to 15 espresso-based specialty coffees for a delicious pick-me-up at any time of day. Choose from a satisfying array of coffee creations like frothy cappuccinos and steamy lattes – perfect for coffee lovers! And at just $29, the discounts you'll get with this card make it a great value.

"

Officially the coffee card only covers brewed coffee and tea as unlimited, I've noticed a lot of the baristas do not punch for basic hot chocolate..

Interesting, the Princess description for the card does not mentioned brewed anymore:

"

Café Selects Coffee Card

Treat yourself to flavor with perks and get the Café Selects Coffee Card, which entitles you to 15 espresso-based specialty coffees for a delicious pick-me-up at any time of day. Choose from a satisfying array of coffee creations like frothy cappuccinos and steamy lattes – perfect for coffee lovers! And at just $29, the discounts you'll get with this card make it a great value.

"

Wow. If they've dropped the unlimited brewed coffee benefit, we'll have to find something else to argue about. :mad:

We were just on the Golden Princess to Alaskan and bought both the soda card and coffee card. My daughter got unlimited hot chocolate both at the international cafe and in the dining room. With the coffee card you can get lattes at both places as well. It was money well spent.

The on deck stuff was in a large carafe, so almost certainly not sugar free. Never checked in the coffee venues what they had.

I thought with Alaska itineraries you get free hot chocolate in the afternoon?

I have never seen an option for sugar free, so if this is a concern, I would bring your own and mix it :D

Archived