Towel Return

I worry constantly about someone "borrowing" my towel and getting charged for it.

That happened to us on our last cruise, we explained what happened to the person on duty and we were given new towels and not charged for the missing ones.

It's not one per card, though. You can check out as many as you need for your party on one card. As long as you return an equal amount at the end. it doesn't matter.

We've never found it to be a problem, and in fact, it cuts down on chair hogs somewhat because they don't want to lose an unattended towel and then get charged for it.

Nope, Majesty just changed their policy. We were on Majesty last weekend and only 1 towel per person.

All I can say is that the people that have "no problem" must be playing in the pools during the day, when everybody else is, instead of at or after sundown, when we are. Because those towel clerks are long gone by then, there's no clean towels to check out, nobody to check in dirty ones, and if I happened to forget to exchange last nights dirty towel that's been mildewing in the bathroom earlier in the day, well, it's a good thing I'll air-dry eventually. Wasn't an issue at all, when there were racks of clean towels, and bins for dirty ones.

Why swim at night? Uncrowded, quiet, far fewer children to spill one's drink, and I didn't even *know* about this "chair hog" concept because there's about six other people in the entire area, and two of them are maintenance guys assiduously working on the other hot-tub's pump and occasionally insulting each other. THAT is a relaxing vacation, right there, and the only flaw in it is drying off solely by means of a 15 knot bow-to-stern breeze in the middle of the deck.

I've never had a problem having a clean towel going out at night. They are supposed to be open 24 hrs

All I can say is that the people that have "no problem" must be playing in the pools during the day, when everybody else is, instead of at or after sundown, when we are. Because those towel clerks are long gone by then, there's no clean towels to check out, nobody to check in dirty ones, and if I happened to forget to exchange last nights dirty towel that's been mildewing in the bathroom earlier in the day, well, it's a good thing I'll air-dry eventually. Wasn't an issue at all, when there were racks of clean towels, and bins for dirty ones.

Why swim at night? Uncrowded, quiet, far fewer children to spill one's drink, and I didn't even *know* about this "chair hog" concept because there's about six other people in the entire area, and two of them are maintenance guys assiduously working on the other hot-tub's pump and occasionally insulting each other. THAT is a relaxing vacation, right there, and the only flaw in it is drying off solely by means of a 15 knot bow-to-stern breeze in the middle of the deck.

What time were you going to the pools? Again, on Oasis, I would go out into the hot tubs around 10:00 or even later and there would be a young man or lady there exchanging or checking out towels and the towels were always being replenished with fresh ones. Even when I have been on Monarch I had no issues. This rule was enacted after my trips on Sovereign. but both of those ships are sisters to Majesty and never had any issues.

The easiest thing to do is on the first day swing by the pool when everybody is him-hawing around the ship looking at all the pretty stuff and grab the amount of towels you desire/need.

Then the remainder of the cruise, just walk up to them and exchange the towels. And on the last evening on board, when you know you are done at the pool, turn them in. This is generally what I do and so far I have had zero issues. To include long lines. They typically go very quick as all it is is a quick scan of the seapass card followed by the number of towels he/she enters on the computer screen.

What time were you going to the pools? Again, on Oasis, I would go out into the hot tubs around 10:00 or even later and there would be a young man or lady there exchanging or checking out towels and the towels were always being replenished with fresh ones. Even when I have been on Monarch I had no issues. This rule was enacted after my trips on Sovereign. but both of those ships are sisters to Majesty and never had any issues.

The easiest thing to do is on the first day swing by the pool when everybody is him-hawing around the ship looking at all the pretty stuff and grab the amount of towels you desire/need.

Then the remainder of the cruise, just walk up to them and exchange the towels. And on the last evening on board, when you know you are done at the pool, turn them in. This is generally what I do and so far I have had zero issues. To include long lines. They typically go very quick as all it is is a quick scan of the seapass card followed by the number of towels he/she enters on the computer screen.

I guess you are right, this seems much easier than just having beach towels in your room like all the other cruise lines.:rolleyes:

It's not one per card, though. You can check out as many as you need for your party on one card. As long as you return an equal amount at the end. it doesn't matter.

We've never found it to be a problem, and in fact, it cuts down on chair hogs somewhat because they don't want to lose an unattended towel and then get charged for it.

Not anymore, we were on Majesty last weekend and they had changed their policy. It is one per card only

I guess you are right, this seems much easier than just having beach towels in your room like all the other cruise lines.:rolleyes:

To each their own. That's the beauty of opinion. Everybody has one.

i bring my own beach towels, so I know where my seat is, and the guy who comes around to check if my chair is being saved or not.. can put my face with my custom towel , and know I am there.

what a great idea i should do that next time and be a chair hog :D ... with so precious amount of room with all the packing the dw does we wouldnt have the room.. Plus i like getting a fresh towel each day espically for beach excurisons etc

I've never had a problem having a clean towel going out at night. They are supposed to be open 24 hrs
Where did you come upon this tidbit of info, that the towel station is "supposed" to be open 24 hours?????:confused:

Archived