Requesting credit for $25 towel charge

Yep, I hear ya!:p (Thanks for listening to my rant about RC's pool towel policy).

I do want to give the young lady credit for trying to fix the problem, though. :cool:

Yep, the pool towel policy can be a pain in the ass sometimes and so can't kids. :D

Wow...

Thanks for the info ( the phone number)....

2 page thread already and the answer was in the first few posts....:rolleyes:

First those concerned ..she is 21 years old and a senior in college...but still fairly ' teachable ' but stubborn...

David:D

Wow...

First those concerned ..she is 21 years old and a senior in college...but still fairly ' teachable ' but stubborn...

They do grow out of it. ;)

Wow...

Sounds like you guys are doing a great job! :) Years from now, when you look back on this cruise -- you won't even remember that stupid towel -- except as the topic of an amusing thread on Cruise Critic! :D You'll just look at your cruise pictures and remember all the great times you had onboard with your family! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a little follow up...I did call the number posted earlier in this thread, the rep was very nice and after some reviewing reservation number and folio number, she happily credited my card the $25... Thanks everyone...:)

Just a little follow up...I did call the number posted earlier in this thread, the rep was very nice and after some reviewing reservation number and folio number, she happily credited my card the $25... Thanks everyone...:)

Good to hear!!!!

So, is your daughter enjoying the RCL towel at the college dorm? :D

Relax.... Just kidding....

I may get flamed but I'll say it anyway being I raised a teenage daughter. Is it possible your daughter never went to hand in the towel? Just asking.

Just catching up on this thread and its a shame this post wasn't even mentioned by anyone else... It's a great question! I was a responsible teenager... Self analysis, I know, but I was a good kid... But after ignoring my parents the firstfew times... After being "threatened" (OPs words) by my parents a couple times, I would have brought it down the last day and would have thrown it on the pile... And probably wouldn't have mentioned that I should have had it back earlier and would like help not getting charged... Not saying it happened here, but I hope the question was asked... 'Cause 20 years from now when you are sitting around the thanksgiving table with your kid... And your kid's kids, ... And they are laughing about how they pulled the wool over your eyes and you posted messages on cruise critic looking for help... And got advice from the world... And got the cruise line to credit you the money... And started a two page thread about parenting skills... When this does happen, you will want to go on record and remind them that you were suspect of their concocted story at the time... :)

JUST SAYIN

while I have 5 cruises under my belt and consider myself somewhat loyal to the brand. I really enjoyed not worrying about the towels on my recent HAL Alaska cruise. There were a few other things that I liked as well to the point that I would definitely consider trying them again. But next year Allure for me. I just wish they would downgrade the towels and skip any towel program

while I have 5 cruises under my belt and consider myself somewhat loyal to the brand. I really enjoyed not worrying about the towels on my recent HAL Alaska cruise. There were a few other things that I liked as well to the point that I would definitely consider trying them again. But next year Allure for me. I just wish they would downgrade the towels and skip any towel program

It's supposedly 'under review' so it may happen. Having cruised other lines, I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

If RCL got rid of the full size and relatively plush beach towels they use now and used some cheap/small/thin towels, they could easily get rid of the $25 deposit. Nobody would want to "borrow" them to take home for a souvenir. Of course, then everybody would be complaining about the cheap/small/thin towels... :)

I have never found the towel deposit a big deal. You take one out when you are going to be swimming or lounging around the pool deck and you turn it back in when you are done. When you want another one, you do the same and get a nice clean one. What is the big deal?

If somebody is stupid enough to leave it on a lounge chair to 'reserve' it, they deserve to lose it and pay the $25.

I had it happen to us and the daughter was 39 at the time. We simply went to guest relations and got it settled before leaving the ship. Had we not driven to the port, I would have had to leave without a resolution to get to the airport. We returned it on time, but somehow didn't get the credit. The towel system is pretty unreliable, which is why I suspect they will return the charge to you 99% of the time.

We never found the charge a big deal until we got home and found we had been charged for the towels we handed back in. In my opinion it is a scam to rip off people as it happens too often to be a mistake. We got reimbursed but still lost out due to the exchange rate at the time. This was our first Royal Caribbean cruise and left a bitter taste as the charges were added early morning after we received our final bill. I'd love to know how many others who don't use a cruise forum have actually been stung as well.

Why is it that when someone asks for very simple, factual advice (who should I contact), people feel the need to impose their parenting philosophies on the OP?

To the OP, I would call the number mentioned and ignore the rest of the nonsense on here.

No My friend you only think you can quiet the voices you do not agree with!!!

Clarea, with all his knowledge and wisdom answered the question spot on as always. I also I enjoyed everyone answers, even yours! I enjoyed the input and perspectives of both of the opposing views of WWCRUISERS and Edjny.

The OP was not defensive but quit the opposite. Sure critical thinkers can be too much sometimes... but how boring would these threads be if people were not expressing their views...those we agree with as well as those we do not.:)

Sorry -- I'm all for responsible parenting, teachable moments, etc -- but I can't agree on this one. To make a young person pay $25 for one of the rags that RC calls pool towels is ridiculous. Especially since the young lady herself (not parents) made two separate trips to find someone to turn in the towel to. She relied in good faith on the adult staff member who took the towel and her Seapass info, and assured her that it was taken care of. Why should she (or her parents) have to pay anything? IMHO -- that's not the right lesson, here. :rolleyes:

Teenage girls have far more important things to do than turn in towels. I'm sorry but she knew when to turn the towel in and avoid the charge. The towel is probably lying in some corner of the ship. Girl pays $25 ;)

This is why I always grab five or six extra towels off of chairs on our last sea day and turn them in. It always pays to make sure you are running a negative towel balance! :p

I mean why else would they leave them laying conveniently on chairs all over the place except to remind you to turn a few in and avoid a charge! :D

Archived