Regatta Cruise Review - July 5, 2013

curtdesilets

Bus stopped once at end of tour at musuem. Close enough to the ship that some folks walked back. Don't recall if other front row folks came back or not, but disabled lady remained in bus for short museum visit.

Tour director and O representative were frustrated but unable to cope with flat refusal. Probably learned a valuable lesson about reserving front seats in future

Tour was advertised as wheelchair accessible if guest was mobile enough to board with assistance. Lady in question was on the threshhold of that determination. She was gracious.

sent from Galaxy Note 8

I bet those people who usurped the front seat did not get too many dinner invitations after that.

Never mind that - I think putting them off the ship would be more appropriate.

They disobeyed a "command/request" by an Oceania employee.

How do people like this sleep at night? I am afraid I know the answer to this - they sleep like a baby. In their mind they haven't done anything wrong (this or at any other time).

Edited by Paulchili

Thankfully everyone we met on the cruise was very mannerly towards us. We enjoyed afternoon tea every day with other guests and found everyone we sat with to be great fun and friendly. We ate lunch alone as its not fair to expect other guests to dine with a 6yr old!.

I dont think our little girl upset too many people in the pool as any time she swan there was no other guests in the water. I didnt let her use the hot tubs and told her they were for over 16 (which they should be in my opinion!) I was the one sitting in my raincoat with umbrella and wrapped in blankets in Prince Rupert while Rianna was very happy swimming in the rain!!

The kids club was well attended (i would think between 20-30 children) and both Lauren and Jenn did a great job in keeping the little ones entertained and away from other adult guests.

Ashley, we enjoyed meeting you and your Mom and Rianna, and hope we sail with you again. What was your final impression of Regatta, after coming all the way from Ireland?

Don both myself and Peggie were most impressed with everything about the ship! Would have so loved to stay on board, even just for another week!! Sadly, due to work commitments i cannot take much time off next year, and i think we have New Zealand in the pipeline for 2015 so who knows when i can next get my sea legs on again.

But i may be able to squeeze a week next June ... will see how this new company of mine gets going before making any definate plans!

Please pass on our best wishes to Betsy, and thank her for introducing us to the Bill & Melinda Foundation! Rianna visited twice on our return to Seattle (and i thought it was pretty cool too!)

I will send you a quick email with our contact details and when you are this side of the pond i would love to meet up and show you some real irish hospitality!

• 3 months later...