Anyone ever book a hotel?

themutis

Just wondering if it might be fun to book a hotel for two nights while we are in Bermuda. We've been there many times, and don't really need to sight see, but would enjoy a couple of nice beach days.

Just wondering if anyone has ever done this.

Are asking about staying in a hotel while you're a cruise ship passenger (which doesn't make any sense to me given how expensive hotels in Bermuda are ) or just flying to Bermuda for a hotel-based vacation?

In addition to many cruises to Bermuda we've stayed in hotels too and certainly have had a good time both ways, but we prefer the cruise vacation...using the ship as out hotel in Bermuda. It's the best of both worlds in our opinion.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant taking a cruise there and back and then while on the island having a hotel room as a base (for beach access, etc). Saw a great rate at the Fairmont South Hampton and it just peeked my interest.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant taking a cruise there and back and then while on the island having a hotel room as a base (for beach access, etc). Saw a great rate at the Fairmont South Hampton and it just peeked my interest.

But even a rate of $100 a night is $100 more than you have to spend!

There are great public beaches in Bermuda that are just a relatively short and inexpensive bus or (for a few dollars more) taxi ride from the Royal Naval Dockyard, so it just doesn't make sense to me to stay at a hotel. If you want access to a hotel's facilities for a day you can go to Coco Reef and for $49 a person (which includes lunch) .

Yes your question makes sense. It will obviously add to your cost, but it would also place you in a premium spot where you can walk to a gorgeous beach rather than busing with everyone else. We've done both and although cruising is a nice way to see a little of BDA we prefer the land-based version because we're there longer and we enjoy staying near the beaches.

We stay at the Clairfont Apts which are just across the street from what we consider the best beach on the island - Warwick Long Bay. They have one-bedroom apts that are very-well equipped for very reasonable prices and a nice little pool. You can walk to the beach in 5 minutes and bus to the SS Swizzle Inn in a heartbeat. A few more bus stops and you're at the grocery/beer/liquor store.

Great location for 2 days of relaxing and beaching, Jobson's Cove is right there as well.

EDIT - the current advertised sale at the Fairmonts looks very enticing until you see all of their additional fees and taxes.

I forgot to mentuion you can also have scooters delivered to your apt and have them waiting for you. And unfortunately Corrine is no longer managing this property but hopefully her replacement is half as good.

I wondered if anyone has done this as well.

• 1 month later...

I am curious if you decided to stay at the Fairmont or not because I was thinking of doing the same thing during our cruise stopover.

Archived