Adding a person?

megnut78

We are booked on the Splendor 8/21 (my husband, myself and our two kids 11 and 9). Of course at this point we are completely paid - but now my niece has expressed interest in going and her mother is considering it (she is 11). My question is how I would even begin trying to figure out how to do this and if its even possible. Of course she doesn't want to have to pay the amount it would be to book for one person, but I don't think they will allow her in our room? I just was looking for some advise on if this will be possible at all - don't want to get her hopes up. My only other thought was to have three in our room and two in another, but again will they allow that change? Thanks in advance!

The Splendor only allows 4 per cabin. Unfortunately, you would have to book a second room.

Catrin

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The Splendor only allows 4 per cabin. Unfortunately, you would have to book a second room.

Catrin

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

This is correct the cabins hold up to 4 only if you want to take her along your going to have to have a second cabin and book it 3 in one and 2 in the second cabin.

For you to have to pay new fees to obtain a second cabin space for an 11 y.o. who has decided she'd like to go (less than 1 month from now) is up to you. You'd also have to move one adult to the new cabin and what are the odds of a cabin being near your currently booked one?

I'd tell the them no, it's too late. It will cause you extra to make new arrangements for an extra cabin.

I was actually shocked to find out that there is a cabin directly across from ours that is available. My main concern is paying say $1300 for one person instead of $600 or 700 it would be as an additional person added on.

For you to have to pay new fees to obtain a second cabin space for an 11 y.o. who has decided she'd like to go (less than 1 month from now) is up to you. You'd also have to move one adult to the new cabin and what are the odds of a cabin being near your currently booked one?

I'd tell the them no, it's too late. It will cause you extra to make new arrangements for an extra cabin.

Another consideration is whether the ship is at capacity or not. There can be empty beds or cabins, but if a lot of cabins have 3 or 4 people in them, the ship can reach its lifeboat capacity without technically being full.

Carnival or your TA need to sort this out for you.

Roz

Well that worked out a LOT better than I ever expected it to. The room across from ours was available (Interior) and they moved me from our Oceanview room into the Interior with my niece and we only had to pay the difference of what it normally would be for two people - so we paid $653 total for her. Now my daughter and her can be in that room and my son and my husband and I in the other room. It really worked out great and she is going to be thrilled when she finds out. Thanks everyone for the help. The woman I talked to from Carnival was a GREAT help. Now to see if I can still book the FTTF for the new cabin as well :) Of course that portion of the site is down at the moment.

you would have to book another cabin and split up. The only way to know is to call Carnival and see what you can do and how much it would cost and if it is worth it.

Let us know how you make out.

Enjoy.

Archived