Outside areas on Deck 9 Radiance?

I'm in an inside cabin on my upcoming Alaska cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. Are there any outside public areas on deck 9? I'm not really claustrophobic, but sometimes I just NEED to be outside. I don't need a lot of public space, just somewhere I can open a door and see the world go by.

Thanks for a quick response - I leave on Friday!

I'm in an inside cabin on my upcoming Alaska cruise on the Radiance of the Seas. Are there any outside public areas on deck 9? I'm not really claustrophobic, but sometimes I just NEED to be outside. I don't need a lot of public space, just somewhere I can open a door and see the world go by.

Thanks for a quick response - I leave on Friday!

I believe you might have to run up to deck 11 to actually get outside.

I believe you might have to run up to deck 11 to actually get outside.

Or down to 5. If seeing out will do, the mid ship elevator lobby is for the glass elevators and you should be able to see out [even on 9]. After dark, however, that probably doesn't mean much if you are away from land.

The main elevator banks offer a great view of the ocean, but there are no public outside areas other than deck five, and decks 11 and up

I think technically the helipad is deck 6 but you have to go out on deck 5 to get there.

Thanks for the quick replies. My last cruise was on Carnival (forget which ship) and it had a tiny outside walkway with a solid chest high railing around it. It was perfect for weather checks and late night star gazing but not much else. I was hoping the Radiance would have something similar. Even the deck map looked like there might be an area in the aft port side corner. It must be a storage closet or something. I'm sure the elevator area will be enough. i really just need to see in the distance for a minute or two.

Thanks again.

........Even the deck map looked like there might be an area in the aft port side corner. It must be a storage closet or something. I'm sure the elevator area will be enough. i really just need to see in the distance for a minute or two.
That aft port side corner has an enclosed crew staircase, with signs telling passengers to keep out.

There are no aft passenger elevators on Radiance class ships.

The glass elevators described are located mid-ship.

Archived