Nautica 15 May 2013 Problems

ebim

• 2 weeks later...
What type of problems? We were on this cruise, and don't remember anything bad happening.

apologies for delay in posting reply..broke a bone in my shoulder a couple of days after the original post.

We had various tendering problems. But the major problem was the decision to cancel the overnight stay in Monte Carlo, then tendering off <Villefranche, our returning to the port in villefranche and the tender being cancelled, had to get shuttle bus to monte carlo where the ship was due to arrive at 5.30. on arrival in monte carlo being informed that the sip would not arrive until 8 and "to walk around for 4 hours till it arrived" Ship never did arrive as it went to Genoa we had to wait ...sitting on the floor of the cruise terminal as there were 400 of us there...until until 9 for a bus to arrive. Got back to the ship at 11.15. Had to pack and get cases out of room. mis information given out regarding new departure from genoa. early morning chaos in getting on the bus back to nice airport. just dreadful service mainly caused by lack of information and on the ground personnel at monte carlo.

If you were lucky enough to be one of the pax remained on the ship then you probably did not experience these problems. And now the lack of communication from Oceania in dealing with our complaint.

apologies for delay in posting reply..broke a bone in my shoulder a couple of days after the original post.

We had various tendering problems. But the major problem was the decision to cancel the overnight stay in Monte Carlo, then tendering off <Villefranche, our returning to the port in villefranche and the tender being cancelled, had to get shuttle bus to monte carlo where the ship was due to arrive at 5.30. on arrival in monte carlo being informed that the sip would not arrive until 8 and "to walk around for 4 hours till it arrived" Ship never did arrive as it went to Genoa we had to wait ...sitting on the floor of the cruise terminal as there were 400 of us there...until until 9 for a bus to arrive. Got back to the ship at 11.15. Had to pack and get cases out of room. mis information given out regarding new departure from genoa. early morning chaos in getting on the bus back to nice airport. just dreadful service mainly caused by lack of information and on the ground personnel at monte carlo.

If you were lucky enough to be one of the pax remained on the ship then you probably did not experience these problems. And now the lack of communication from Oceania in dealing with our complaint.

We were on Nautica, and at sea on May 15. Nautica has just left Haifa Israel.

You weren't on Nautica on that date! Those ports were not part of Nautica's Dubai to Rome itinerary. Were you even on Oceania?

This sounds pretty dreadful - and very atypical for Oceania. Anyone who was a "newbie" to Oceania on this cruise is not likely to sail with them again.

This sounds pretty dreadful - and very atypical for Oceania. Anyone who was a "newbie" to Oceania on this cruise is not likely to sail with them again.

Exactly, this was our 6th cruise with Oceania and our 2nd on nautica. So the whole episode and their actions at the time were so contrary to previous experiences. And the reason I started this thread because, so far, the response from Oceania has been a resounding silence to our complaints letter.

It was a truly dreadful experience made even worse by their lack of response.

So very very disappointed.

Evelyn

Exactly, this was our 6th cruise with Oceania and our 2nd on nautica. So the whole episode and their actions at the time were so contrary to previous experiences. And the reason I started this thread because, so far, the response from Oceania has been a resounding silence to our complaints letter.

It was a truly dreadful experience made even worse by their lack of response.

So very very disappointed.

Evelyn

Could you have the wrong date :confused: ..as others have pointed out Nautica was not in MC at that time

A bad experience just the same

I find it odd that 400 people were left stranded & sitting on the floor of the port building & this is the only report of it

That is over half the ship :eek:

Not saying it did not happen I was not there ...just found it odd

Lyn

Just checked roll call they posted for the May 20th cruise

I find it odd that 400 people were left stranded & sitting on the floor of the port building & this is the only report of it

Lyn

So did we !! We arrived in M.C. at 16.00 and got on a coach at 21.00. The first coach arrived at 20.15 but we were not lucky to get on the first 5, out of 10 I think, we were on 5 or 6. We got into Genoa at 23.15

Honestly we are not crazies, its all true. We found it difficult to believe it was Oceania dishing this out. $50 was the compensation given on board - to meet expenses incurred during the wait. However we had got over $100 left on an internet plan that was wiped off whilst we were waiting to catch up with the ship. And there was a charge of $38 for trying to access the internet when we finally did return but of course half the ship was trying to change or notify changes, we did get that reimbursed early on departure day.

If we had not been such devotees of this line we would never use them again.

We will never book another cruise with so many tender ports. Equinox at christmas has none!

Thanks for the suggestion to look at the original thread.

Evelyn

Could you have the wrong date :confused: ..as others have pointed out Nautica was not in MC at that time

A bad experience just the same

My apologies, you are quite correct. We had 5 nights in Rome and then boarded on 20th May. Supposedly disembarking on 30th May in Monte Carlo.

Nautica was on a private charter folllowing our cruise.

Evelyn

A search found this site for Nautica in May 2013:

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Oceania_Cruises/Nautica/May_2013/

She was in Monte Carlo on May 29th, 2013.

Cheers,

Don

Hi Don,

thats really interesting, didnt know there was a schedule like this.

On the itinerary that we booked on the ship was shown as overnight in Monte Carlo. That didnt happen, we anchored off Villefranche with a tender service.

The cruise was meant to terminate in Monte Carlo but it went to Genoa instead,

Thank you for giving us the connection to the schedule

Evelyn

Thank you Ebim for your posting about this problem. Tendering always has a risk (regardless of cruise line) ... the seas can be quite unforgiving. On a few occasions all was fine on our trip to shore but difficult on the return. Last cruise the tender on return reared up as I stepped off and I virtually knocked over a crew member as he grabbed me to prevent my fall. I thanked him profusely.

On your particular situation, I also have sympathy for O who had to make the decision not to alow tenders to make the return with passengers due to safety. Also, the unexpected chartering of transport in MC must have been a real challenge. In the end, glad you were safe but very unfortunate being so late.

Gene

Yes you were on Nautica - it left Rome on 20 May and was supposed to dock in Monaco on 29th May with disembarkation on May 30th. We experienced being stranded on the warf for 3 hours, no lunch, no dinner, a 3 hour bus ride to and from Genoa and a very sour end to an expensive and much anticipated vacation.

I doubt that you will EVER gte response. I wrote to the President of Prestige Cruise holdings (ignored), from an electronic contact for Public Relations and got a respose saying she would forward my complaint the the president's PA and to Customer relations - I had to respond to that electronic contact again (she had copied in 2 other contacts) and finally got the pithiest response from customer services (they should rename that customer non-services) basically saying 'tough luck'. No compensation, no offer on future travel - nothing.

I think they may have been able to dock in Monaco (I am checking on that now) and had to have a repair done in Genoa. They have been very cagey about it as they would have to compensate all 370 people if they had done that. Currently blaming bad weather. But I still say weather is a cost of doing business in their undustruy and if they choose to abandon people they should make it up to them in some way. They are just not a class act.

I have been searching for others who had this experience as I believe there is a lot more to it. I have found a couple on a UK web site and I have been tracking down other reviews/comments. I have been Googling "passengers stranded Nautica Monaco" and I am still at it. I used to work in CRM and I can be a bit of a terrier when it comes to this stuff.

Lyn

Yes you were on Nautica - it left Rome on 20 May and was supposed to dock in Monaco on 29th May with disembarkation on May 30th. We experienced being stranded on the warf for 3 hours, no lunch, no dinner, a 3 hour bus ride to and from Genoa and a very sour end to an expensive and much anticipated vacation.

I doubt that you will EVER gte response. I wrote to the President of Prestige Cruise holdings (ignored), from an electronic contact for Public Relations and got a respose saying she would forward my complaint the the president's PA and to Customer relations - I had to respond to that electronic contact again (she had copied in 2 other contacts) and finally got the pithiest response from customer services (they should rename that customer non-services) basically saying 'tough luck'. No compensation, no offer on future travel - nothing.

I think they may have been able to dock in Monaco (I am checking on that now) and had to have a repair done in Genoa. They have been very cagey about it as they would have to compensate all 370 people if they had done that. Currently blaming bad weather. But I still say weather is a cost of doing business in their undustruy and if they choose to abandon people they should make it up to them in some way. They are just not a class act.

Thank goodness and thank you 'queen adelaide' for confirming my tale of woe.

I wrote to my TA on 23 june and, even though he has chased Oceania, we have had no response to my letter. T?hats 48 days and not even an acknowledgement! Please do keep me informed if your 'terriering' produces results.

one thing that struck us odd; how could we ever have been docking in monte carlo as Wind Star was in the berth???

Evelyn

p.s. if you need an assistant to do checking just point me in the right direction ! I am well up for it.

Hi Evelyn

I don't think we are orphans as I see other people having big customer service issues with Oceania (Prestige Cruise Holdings) but I am surprised at how few people (of 370 on Nautica in Monaco in May 2013!) have become angry and vocal about what happened there.

I have started a thread on 'roll call' (but I am very new to this) to try to find others who were injured by this action. I have many theories and I think the more information we can get, over the largest number of people, the easier it will be to expose deceit (and I have a number of theories about events and motives). In the end they are service providers, they took our money and they stuffed up (big time) - they owe us.

Where are you located? I am in Adelaide, Australia.

Sally :-)

I posted a review on this site as well as on a UK site and I have been searching for any other reviews about this particular cruise. http://www.cruisereport.com/crReview.aspx?id=2627

I'll post all the contact details I have (they are not easy to find!) for Prestige Cruise Holdings tomorrow.

You may or may not be aware of the fact that FDR (Mr. del Rio) monitors these boards quite regularly.

Whether he chooses to answer you here or not is up to his discretion, but I suspect he is (or will become) aware of this "issue".

You may or may not be aware of the fact that FDR (Mr. del Rio) monitors these boards quite regularly.

Whether he chooses to answer you here or not is up to his discretion, but I suspect he is (or will become) aware of this "issue".

Yes Paul, fdr does appear to monitor these boards but his responding seems to be on a hit and miss basis. Seems at times he posts mostly to people he knows and avoids onboard problems like this which from my knothole appears to be a systemic Regent/Oceania/PCH issue to simply stonewall issues.

It has been two and a half weeks since this incident was posted on CC and 2 1/2 months since the actual incident. Highly doubt there will be any response and based on past history, not in the least surprised.

Yes Paul, fdr does appear to monitor these boards but his responding seems to be on a hit and miss basis. Seems at times he posts mostly to people he knows and avoids onboard problems like this which from my knothole appears to be a systemic Regent/Oceania/PCH issue to simply stonewall issues.

It has been two and a half weeks since this incident was posted on CC and 2 1/2 months since the actual incident. Highly doubt there will be any response and based on past history, not in the least surprised.

Very well put. I was thinking that myself. Besides, is it up to Mr Del Rio to monitor these boards for issues? Shouldn't the Customer Service department be addressing the problems? Why should it take an officer of the company to rectify an issue of this magnitude?

Very well put. I was thinking that myself. Besides, is it up to Mr Del Rio to monitor these boards for issues? Shouldn't the Customer Service department be addressing the problems? Why should it take an officer of the company to rectify an issue of this magnitude?

When you have an issue like this -- it should not be addressed by customer service after the fact. It should have been addressed by the Ship's GM while on the cruise. If it was "so" widespread like the OP suggest and some compensation was given, I am sure Oceania HQ approved it.

Archived