Currently on board Marina in the Baltic...

Into the Sunset

We are having a grand time on this beautiful ship and have had glorious weather every day but one--what a nice plus!

I do have some suggestion for Oceania:

1. Each evening, before a new port, we receive a sheet of paper describing the sights to see on shore, and practical information such as the name of the place where the ship is docked, currency, etc. In the Oceania Cruises Currents, that we also receive each evening is the name of the port agent and his contact information, the All Aboard and Sailing times. The third piece of paper available to us at the Reception Desk is a map of the area. Why not save paper and offer the convenience of all this information being printed back and front on one sheet of paper including the map? It would make all the relevant the information easy to find and portable.

2. It would be helpful if we knew ahead of time which currency was unavailable at the Reception Desk. This way, we wouldn't have to spend time looking for a cash machine, but could bring currency from home. I recognize that the exchange rate is better with a cash machine, but the time to find one is also costly in terms of time.

3. The third suggestion is to provide a list of the port where shuttles will be available so that arrangements can be made prior to boarding the ship.

Thanks for listening and thanks for making our cruise experience so exceptional.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Within a couple of days you will receive a comment sheet for early reporting of any issues you may have.

They day before each port you should have a destinations flier with highlights and other port info. That night you get your Current with port info etc. You should know that docking info can change and too much early info can be incorrect.

Generally only US & Euros are available. Our recent cruise had many Norway stops and NOK were available- but the rate was atrocious.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Within a couple of days you will receive a comment sheet for early reporting of any issues you may have.

They day before each port you should have a destinations flier with highlights and other port info. That night you get your Current with port info etc. You should know that docking info can change and too much early info can be incorrect.

Generally only US & Euros are available. Our recent cruise had many Norway stops and NOK were available- but the rate was atrocious.

Yes, I am aware that we get a destinations flyer and the information in Currents, my suggestion is that the information be combined. The actual spot for docking may change, but the port agent information, destination information and map will not. I think it would be useful to have all that information on one sheet.

Thanks for your good wishes re: our cruise.

We are having a grand time on this beautiful ship and have had glorious weather every day but one--what a nice plus.

3. The third suggestion is to provide a list of the port where shuttles will be available so that arrangements can be made prior to boarding the ship.

Glad you are enjoying the cruise.

This question often comes up on new threads especially for the Baltics. Seems like quite a few CC users ask about free shuttles before they leave.

There is also a sort-of ongoing list that was intended for pax to post their experiences so it is updated but being as it is not a sticky it falls off the current page is over looked.

CC's search function is failing again so even if you tried to search it is not found.

When you return it would be helpful to those following you if you would post where you had free shuttles.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1466724&highlight=shuttle

When you return it would be helpful to those following you if you would post where you had free shuttles.

I'm forced to disagree with you, Yo Ho Ho, as the reason why Oceania is not publishing the Shuttle information ahead of time now is apparently that the Shuttles are oftentimes provided by the various Ports, and those Ports won't commit to any kind of a schedule.

If, for whatever reason, the people providing the service prefer to keep it as a spur of the moment "convenience" rather than a guaranteed "service" I suppose that we have no choice but to honor their wishes...

- or take a cab! :rolleyes:

Hi,

We will be on the Marina in October. We've sailed on the Regatta 3 times to the Caribbean and South Pacific. While we have never had a complaint about any of our Oceania cruises, we are excited to be on the Marina!

Last year on the Regatta, one of the waiters told me (while serving me lobster) that lobster is available everywhere on the Marina. Is it true we could have lobster in the Terrace for dinner? We've never had dinner in the Terrace Cafe, but it would be nice to go more casual after a long day in port and still enjoy lobster!

Thank you and Enjoy your trip!

Is it true we could have lobster in the Terrace for dinner?

Yes, it is true.

8303122352_a93dbf6081_z.jpg

Lobster, or more specifically Lobster Tails, are cooked to order at the Grill Station at the very aftermost section of the Restaurant, between the two sets of glass doors which lead out onto the Terrace.

232149.jpg

And since the grill stations will be installed on the R ships during dry dock in 2014, eventually you will be able to get lobster every night on every O ship.

The folks on the World Cruise will overdose on it. LOL

Hi,

Last year on the Regatta, one of the waiters told me (while serving me lobster) that lobster is available everywhere on the Marina. Is it true we could have lobster in the Terrace for dinner? We've never had dinner in the Terrace Cafe, but it would be nice to go more casual after a long day in port and still enjoy lobster!

Thank you and Enjoy your trip!

Not only lobster tails but also jumbo shrimps, steaks, lamb chops, fish and grilled veggies are available at the grill.

Equally importantly, all those lobster tails (those that were not consumed the night before) will lead to a delicious lobster salad with huge chunks of lobster at lunchtime the next day :D

I'm forced to disagree with you, Yo Ho Ho, as the reason why Oceania is not publishing the Shuttle information ahead of time now is apparently that the Shuttles are oftentimes provided by the various Ports, and those Ports won't commit to any kind of a schedule.

If, for whatever reason, the people providing the service prefer to keep it as a spur of the moment "convenience" rather than a guaranteed "service" I suppose that we have no choice but to honor their wishes...

- or take a cab! :rolleyes:

I agree with what you said but Oceania should state that the "free" shuttles are not provided by the cruise line but are in fact provided by the port and therefore they cannot commit to a schedule for that specific port. When O says they will have free shuttles it is misconstrued by many that the shuttles are always provided by O and therefore there is a schedule.

Archived