Shareholder Credit Difficulties?

sfo2008

[quote name='DebJ14']I found the form from a link on CC. When I faxed it in last month it took exactly one week until I received a confirming fax and an updated confirmation showing the OBC.

Funny, Carnival does not require a form. I just write my booking number, ship, sail date and cabin number on the brokerage statement and fax it in. The turnaround over at Carnival is usually about 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

Princess doesn't require a form either. You can do the same thing you do with Carnival.

Well for the first time I had a fiasco with faxing in our stock info.

Frst off I called the phone number and extension and spoke with a nice woman there that gave me the fax # and answered a few questions I had....I thought on Our upcoming Hawaii cruise on Nov 20th We were getting $150 Stock OBC but she said No We"d get $250 because it was a 15 day cruise..WoooHoooo Lol.

So I hangup and get the paperwork ready to fax and it keeps coming up Comm Err....Comm Err :eek:......I try again for 30 mins with same results.....OK now I'm thinking my fax machine is screwed up....

I drive over to Staples and try and fax it from there...Same Error message:mad:

I go back home and try and call that dept again....When I put in the extension each time it would take me back to the original recorded greeting over and over(Cruise Gremlins:eek:)

Finally I call the general number and get a girl who listens to what Ive gone through and puts me on hold to talk with that dept and comes back and says They said they arent having any fax problems...it must be your fax machine....I ask her did you tell them I tried from 2 diff fax machines....Answer: Oh No sorry I didnt why dont you just mail it in:mad:....I ask Why wont the depts extension go through now?....Answer:Customers arent aloud to talk with anyone in that dept......What the heck I already had that morning.....Now I'm slightly teed off

I asked to speak to a manager and a Lovely and VERY HELPFUL one named Lauren listened to everything that transpired in now a long 2 hours...Gave me her Fax Number and soon as I faxed it over she walked it downstairs to the correct dept plus confirmed with me later....GREAT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Checked on the Cruise Personalizer and everythings Good to go...:D

$250-Stock OBC......$200 FCC OBC.....and $175 TA OBC.......

The $625 will take the sting outta the expensive Hawaii Excursion prices or will cover a lotta drinking onboard, lol:o

[quote name='LaCal']Well for the first time I had a fiasco with faxing in our stock info.

Frst off I called the phone number and extension and spoke with a nice woman there that gave me the fax # and answered a few questions I had....I thought on Our upcoming Hawaii cruise on Nov 20th We were getting $150 Stock OBC but she said No We"d get $250 because it was a 15 day cruise..WoooHoooo Lol.

So I hangup and get the paperwork ready to fax and it keeps coming up Comm Err....Comm Err :eek:......I try again for 30 mins with same results.....OK now I'm thinking my fax machine is screwed up....

I drive over to Staples and try and fax it from there...Same Error message:mad:

I go back home and try and call that dept again....When I put in the extension each time it would take me back to the original recorded greeting over and over(Cruise Gremlins:eek:)

Finally I call the general number and get a girl who listens to what Ive gone through and puts me on hold to talk with that dept and comes back and says They said they arent having any fax problems...it must be your fax machine....I ask her did you tell them I tried from 2 diff fax machines....Answer: Oh No sorry I didnt why dont you just mail it in:mad:....I ask Why wont the depts extension go through now?....Answer:Customers arent aloud to talk with anyone in that dept......What the heck I already had that morning.....Now I'm slightly teed off

I asked to speak to a manager and a Lovely and VERY HELPFUL one named Lauren listened to everything that transpired in now a long 2 hours...Gave me her Fax Number and soon as I faxed it over she walked it downstairs to the correct dept plus confirmed with me later....GREAT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Checked on the Cruise Personalizer and everythings Good to go...:D

$250-Stock OBC......$200 FCC OBC.....and $175 TA OBC.......

The $625 will take the sting outta the expensive Hawaii Excursion prices or will cover a lotta drinking onboard, lol:o[/QUOTE]

There is only one fax number for shareholder submission and I have never had an issue with it. Save it for future reference.

[SIZE="4"]661-753-0180[/SIZE]

Hello to all;
Just last week, I started a thread here thanking Princess for great customer service in handling stock holder credit. To lazy to look it up, but the basics were I faxed in required data, after final payment, cover letter listing ship, date, booking # and name. Second sheet was copy of the page of latest statement from brokerage listing my CCL stock and with my name at the top. Statement was less than 30 days old. Transmitted fax at 3:00 PM EST, at 3:20 EST. my cruise personalizer showed my correct credit. That is my idea of good service.

Now for my soapbox. I understand that from time to time all things get messed up. Sometimes it is the organization you are dealing with, but more ofter it is the general public, because they do not follow directions, or do any research on how it should be done. The requirement for submitting after final payment has been in effect for quite some time and widely discussed here and other places. From a practical standpoint it is just common sense. Many, many cruises are cancelled before final payment, causing a great deal of additional work for the company to undo the credit. Sending a copy of a screen shot or a statement that is 6 months old, makes no sense, again from a practical standpoint. Put yourself in the companies position, you would want CURRENT information before you hand out MONEY! One last practical point. I am not sure if that office is open on weekends, it may be, but I do not know. If it is not, I would not send the fax over the weekend. It would just end up in a pile with many others. Wait until normal business hours PST. and then fax your data, less likely to get lost in the pile! Also wait about 3 hours after start of business on Monday to give them time to handle the weekend pile!

A final thought. This benefit is approved by a vote of the board of directors each year, at the annual meeting as "gift" to stockholders for having faith in the company enough to invest in it. If too many people do not use common sense and clog the system by not submitting proper information, or submitting numerous times without calling or waiting a few days for the action to be taken, it becomes a headache for the company and it will not be renewed at the next meeting! So, send in the current, proper data, in the correct time frame, wait a few days, and if it does not show up or you do not receive a receipt, call the number and inquire before you send it in again. I have been receiving this credit for our last 14 cruises, and have never had a problem!

End of rant, thanks for listening

Fair winds
Dave Edited by westwind6371
spelling

[quote name='westwind6371']Hello to all;
Just last week, I started a thread here thanking Princess for great customer service in handling stock holder credit. To lazy to look it up, but the basics were I faxed in required data, after final payment, cover letter listing ship, date, booking # and name. Second sheet was copy of the page of latest statement from brokerage listing my CCL stock and with my name at the top. Statement was less than 30 days old. Transmitted fax at 3:00 PM EST, at 3:20 EST. my cruise personalizer showed my correct credit. That is my idea of good service.

Now for my soapbox. I understand that from time to time all things get messed up. Sometimes it is the organization you are dealing with, but more ofter it is the general public, because they do not follow directions, or do any research on how it should be done. The requirement for submitting after final payment has been in effect for quite some time and widely discussed here and other places. From a practical standpoint it is just common sense. Many, many cruises are cancelled before final payment, causing a great deal of additional work for the company to undo the credit. Sending a copy of a screen shot or a statement that is 6 months old, makes no sense, again from a practical standpoint. Put yourself in the companies position, you would want CURRENT information before you hand out MONEY! One last practical point. I am not sure if that office is open on weekends, it may be, but I do not know. If it is not, I would not send the fax over the weekend. It would just end up in a pile with many others. Wait until normal business hours PST. and then fax your data, less likely to get lost in the pile! Also wait about 3 hours after start of business on Monday to give them time to handle the weekend pile!

A final thought. This benefit is approved by a vote of the board of directors each year, at the annual meeting as "gift" to stockholders for having faith in the company enough to invest in it. If too many people do not use common sense and clog the system by not submitting proper information, or submitting numerous times without calling or waiting a few days for the action to be taken, it becomes a headache for the company and it will not be renewed at the next meeting! So, send in the current, proper data, in the correct time frame, wait a few days, and if it does not show up or you do not receive a receipt, call the number and inquire before you send it in again. I have been receiving this credit for our last 14 cruises, and have never had a problem!

End of rant, thanks for listening

Fair winds
Dave[/QUOTE]

I faxed mine in today (Sunday) and checked several hours later and it was posted already to my account, so somebody is working (and very efficiently) on the weekend. I don't think one could get better service than that.

Since I got a "personal cruise sssistanr" allocated to me here in the UK, applying shareholders OBC has suddenly become hassle free. He has a copy of my shareholder statement and applies it to the booking when the balance has been paid. I update the statement peridocally. Great. No forms, no fax, no hassle.

We first submitted ours on Nov. 4 and it was rejected on Nov. 5th. We didn't provide the correct documentation. We had our TA redo it on Nov 5th, but there is still nothing in the personalizer under onboard credits (our other credits are listed). Maybe we will try calling tomorrow. Our cruise is in 24 days.

[quote name='Love.II.Cruise']We first submitted ours on Nov. 4 and it was rejected on Nov. 5th. We didn't provide the correct documentation. We had our TA redo it on Nov 5th, but there is still nothing in the personalizer under onboard credits (our other credits are listed). Maybe we will try calling tomorrow. Our cruise is in 24 days.[/QUOTE]

What are you doing wrong to have been rejected? You don't need a TA to do it for you. I only trust myself anyway. Be sure that your brokerage statement shows your name and is dated no earlier than September 30th.

I don't have a fax machine and don't live close to a place to send the fax myself, so I scanned it and emailed it to my TA to fax for me. The first fax wasn't enough proof to get the credit.

I sent an email to my TA to see if they could check into the Nov. 5th fax. Princess said they didn't get it, so my TA sent it again and Voila! we have our shareholder credit!!! :D Our personalizer is now updated. Edited by Love.II.Cruise

[quote name='Love.II.Cruise']I don't have a fax machine and don't live close to a place to send the fax myself, so I scanned it and emailed it to my TA to fax for me. The first fax wasn't enough proof to get the credit.

I sent an email to my TA to see if they could check into the Nov. 5th fax. Princess said they didn't get it, so my TA sent it again and Voila! we have our shareholder credit!!! :D Our personalizer is now updated.[/QUOTE]

Evidently your original problem was email. They no longer accept anything other than fax or snail mail. Good to hear you got it.

BTW, your bank will fax things for you even if you aren't close to a Staples or Office Depot, etc.

If I may add to this...I faxed in for the first time since we bought CCL the Shareholder form and our Oct 2013 brokerage statement that showed my name and CCL stock listing (blacking out acct #s and other holdings) last Friday from work (shhhh ;) ) got email on Saturday it was rejected! So I refaxed Saturday night using Fax Zero as recommended by a CC member. Checked my OBC last night and voila it was there!!!! I also printed the page showing the credit to bring with me as Pam suggests. Happy Camper errr Cruiser :D

[quote name='Pia1913']Evidently your original problem was email. They no longer accept anything other than fax or snail mail. Good to hear you got it.

BTW, your bank will fax things for you even if you aren't close to a Staples or Office Depot, etc.[/QUOTE]

If you reread my post, my original problem wasn't email. It was improper documentation. But I wasn't willing to give up and that is why I tired again with different documentation. I'm just glad we got it! :)