coffee cards

snorkel28

Royal has coffee beans on all coffee machines in the food court.

Don&Joan

But what's inside? We have been told that the beans are decoration only.
Except from Lynn's post about the UST on the Royal.
...While walking throughout he galley I noticed a coffee machine with whole beans in it (similar to the machines in the Outrigger area, only with whole beans, not grounds.) I asked the head chef about it and he verified that they use whole bean coffee in the main dining rooms.

Lynn and Rob.

Can you use the coffee card from one cruise to another or on a different ship?? We have never purchased one.

The coffee card you buy on one cruise is good for unlimited fresh brewed and hot chocolate on that cruise only. For those you don't need punches. You get 15 punches on your card for specialties and the card is good until you run out of punches. So yes, you can use it on another ship. However, once you are the next ship, if you want fresh brewed or hot chocolate, that too will take a punch.

Thanks Pia,

We will be on the Pacific Princess March 12... The 10 day one... Tahiti...

We have not been on that one so it will be interesting to see what a smaller ship is like. Hope they have gelato???

Lynne was referring to the Galley. The OP was talking about HC. I'll believe it when I taste it. Wait. I'm almost there. :D
I'm a tea drinker but DW will also check out the coffee on September 27th :D. Sounds like they might have a mix of coffee from beans, ground and possibly from syrup. Sounds confusing but hopefully it is better than on other ships.

Thanks Pia,

We will be on the Pacific Princess March 12... The 10 day one... Tahiti...

We have not been on that one so it will be interesting to see what a smaller ship is like. Hope they have gelato???

No IC. No coffee bar. No gelato. You get your fresh brewed and specialties either at the Club bar on deck 5, or at the bar in Panorama buffet on Deck 9. Gelato, if they have it, will be served as dessert in the dining room. But it will be sorbet, and not gelato. We've been on the Pacific and Ocean many times and in fact will be doing the WC on the Pacific in 2015, as well as Africa on the Ocean in May.

The small ship experience is a totally different experience. You get from here to there in 2 minutes. We love the little ones as well as the big ones.

I'm a tea drinker but DW will also check out the coffee on September 27th :D. Sounds like they might have a mix of coffee from beans, ground and possibly from syrup. Sounds confusing but hopefully it is better than on other ships.

I will be drinking my Starbucks, Via or Americano. But I will venture a taste. A small one.

I have purchased the card on all our cruises. I'm a coffee drinker and like the brewed coffee. The card gives you all of the brewed coffee you want plus the 15/16 specialty coffees. Although I drink mostly regular coffee I fine the 8 or 9 types of specialty coffees give you plenty of choices. The sizes are regular and large. You just have to tell them which you want. Either size on specialty coffee takes one card punch. Also if you do not use all of the punches you can still use the card on the next cruise. However they will punch it for regular coffee also if it is from a previous cruise.

Previous Cruises

Alaska 2008 – Island Princess

Alaska 2009 – Island Princess

Alaska 2010 – Royal Princess

Alaska 2011 – Golden Princess

Alaska 2012 – Star Princess

Panama Canal 2012 – Coral Princess

Western Caribbean – Crown Princess

Alaska 2013 – Island Princess

Future Cruises

Western Caribbean 2013 – Caribbean Princess

Southern Caribbean 2014 – Royal Princess

1. No. You cannot use coffee card for alcohol drinks. They are not set up to include them even with additional punches.

2. Yes. You can buy the coffee card prior to sailing. Go to the Princess site and look under gifts and services.

If you buy a coffee card from "gifts and services" do you have to pay for it direct or is there a way to apply your OBC?

If you buy a coffee card from "gifts and services" do you have to pay for it direct or is there a way to apply your OBC?

Anything you order from gifts and services is charged to your credit card immediately. It's a separate purchase.

I'll be on a B3B next Spring. I use the coffee card for brewed coffee (several cups every day) as well as specialty for DW. Since these 2 cruises are not sold as a single, but as two cruises, looks like I'll have to buy a second coffee card on the second leg. Punches are not am issue since I have a few old cards with plenty of pinches remaining for milady.

Has anyone tried to talk the barista into extending the card to cover both legs of the B2B? Successfully?

I'll be on a B3B next Spring. I use the coffee card for brewed coffee (several cups every day) as well as specialty for DW. Since these 2 cruises are not sold as a single, but as two cruises, looks like I'll have to buy a second coffee card on the second leg. Punches are not am issue since I have a few old cards with plenty of pinches remaining for milady.

Has anyone tried to talk the barista into extending the card to cover both legs of the B2B? Successfully?

I would wait before purchasing that second card on the new cruise. By that time the baristas will know you and they just might honor the first one anyway. Just wait to see what happens.

I gotta plan for finding out if whole beans or syrup is used in those coffee urns with the beans decorating the tops! Being a super-taster from Seattle, I'll get a coffee card & do some serious coffee tasting on my upcoming AK cruise. Plus, am planning to do the $150 ship tour which includes ship's kitchen & will be sure to interogate the chefs about it. Our lovely daugher-in-law works as a Starbucks roaster & lab scientist, so she has schooled my taste buds well. (What she has to say about coffee syrup is pitiful!). My report will follow....

Brewed coffee is made from fresh ground coffee. The coffee card can be used for more than one cruise. After our Hawaii our cards didn't have any cruise or ship notes. We reused the card for the next cruise.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Hi there All.

When you buy the coffee card from Gifts and Services in advance, is the price $31 + gratuity or is your credit card just charged the $31.

On the form there is nothing that indicates any additional charges.

Hi there All.

When you buy the coffee card from Gifts and Services in advance, is the price $31 + gratuity or is your credit card just charged the $31.

The $31 includes gratuities.

Hi there All.

In advance - $31.00 total.

On board - $29.00 + 15% ($33.35)

You save $2.35 with advance purchase. It's like getting an extra specialty free. :D

Archived