coffee cards

snorkel28

I wish it would be fleetwide. We have 4 old coffee cards going back to 2008 that still have lots of punches on them. DH loves freshly brewed coffee so he gets his money's worth out of the card, but we have lots of punches left.

Fritz - Are you interested in selling your old cards with punches left?

Three scoops of gelato on the Royal apparently is $3.19 with gratuity, while it is only $1.73 on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Why the big difference in price on the Royal compare to the other Princess ships? They should be the same on all Princess ships. Is this a new trend. What next, different prices for the Specialty Restaurants?

Why the big difference in price on the Royal compare to the other Princess ships? They should be the same on all Princess ships. Is this a new trend. What next, different prices for the Specialty Restaurants?
Several prices are higher on the Royal in addition to Gelato. The Sanctuary is $5/day more for half day, full day and full cruise. The Enclave replaced the Thermal Suite and it is more expensive. With the fancy new area for the Chef's Table the cost increased from $95 to $115.

Has anyone ever gotten a caffee americano on board? Just wondering. I didn't see it listed, it is my favorite.

Thanks.:)

This is my only coffee drink; Americano double shot, since all the other stuff is made using milk. I don't do milk. I prefer my Americano in a latte glass and it's only one punch.

Several prices are higher on the Royal in addition to Gelato. The Sanctuary is $5/day more for half day, full day and full cruise. The Enclave replaced the Thermal Suite and it is more expensive. With the fancy new area for the Chef's Table the cost increased from $95 to $115.

OMG! That means all the other ships will be increasing prices, too. Personally, I'm glad these are all add-ons and not included in the price. This way if you don't want to pay the extra, you don't have to.

OMG! That means all the other ships will be increasing prices, too. Personally, I'm glad these are all add-ons and not included in the price. This way if you don't want to pay the extra, you don't have to.
No indication that these increases will apply to other ships. You do get toppings for the one punch. Don't know if it is the same price without toppings. The Chef's Table Luminaire and the Enclave are only on the Royal/Regal. Don't know about the Sanctuary.

Curious...any luck using card for specialty coffees from bar containing alcohol? Maybe two or three punches? I know these usually cost $7.25-$8.00 or something like that. Thought they might take multiple punches to make up the value. TIA
The ability to use the coffee card at Gelato is new with the Royal. Photo of menu appears to show that it is good for gelato and sundaes (1 punch) and alcoholic sundaes (2 punches).

We always purchase coffee cards onboard, just can't do without a nice espresso with dessert or breakfast :D Can you pre-order coffee cards prior to sailing?

Curious...any luck using card for specialty coffees from bar containing alcohol? Maybe two or three punches? I know these usually cost $7.25-$8.00 or something like that. Thought they might take multiple punches to make up the value. TIA

We always purchase coffee cards onboard, just can't do without a nice espresso with dessert or breakfast :D Can you pre-order coffee cards prior to sailing?

1. No. You cannot use coffee card for alcohol drinks. They are not set up to include them even with additional punches.

2. Yes. You can buy the coffee card prior to sailing. Go to the Princess site and look under gifts and services.

We have not been on Princess since 2005 at which time there was no coffee cards. Our last several cruises have been on Royal Caribbean which they did not have coffee cards but they had soda cards. I have a few questions. If you buy a coffee card, can both you and your partner use the card or do you both have to have your own? I am assuming if you want regular brewed coffee (no specialty) that is available in the dining rooms and the horizon court at no charge. Reading a lot of the posts it looks like you can use the card for gelato too so if you and your partner ordered a gelato can you use the card at the same time? I know on RCCL, a specialty coffee can cost $7-$9 each. I have seen references to "punches" so if the card is for unlimited specialty coffees, why would there be punches (that sounds like there is a limit to me).

1. No. You cannot use coffee card for alcohol drinks. They are not set up to include them even with additional punches.

2. Yes. You can buy the coffee card prior to sailing. Go to the Princess site and look under gifts and services.

Thank you Pia ;)

Another vote for the coffee card! It may sound expensive when planning for the cruise but once on board you see costs/values differently and the coffee card turns out to be a bargain.

To get the brewed coffee to the level of what we make at home, I had them put a shot of espresso into each cup.

The staff at the IC on the Star Princess were very friendly!

We have not been on Princess since 2005 at which time there was no coffee cards. Our last several cruises have been on Royal Caribbean which they did not have coffee cards but they had soda cards. I have a few questions. If you buy a coffee card, can both you and your partner use the card or do you both have to have your own? I am assuming if you want regular brewed coffee (no specialty) that is available in the dining rooms and the horizon court at no charge. Reading a lot of the posts it looks like you can use the card for gelato too so if you and your partner ordered a gelato can you use the card at the same time? I know on RCCL, a specialty coffee can cost $7-$9 each. I have seen references to "punches" so if the card is for unlimited specialty coffees, why would there be punches (that sounds like there is a limit to me).

You'll get varying opinions regarding you and your partner's shared use of a coffee card. They range from heck no, everyone must have their own card to it is OK for the card to be shared. The middle of the road opinions indicate that sharing within a cabin is OK.

Your assumption about brewed coffee in the dining rooms and Horizon Court is incorrect. Those venues have free coffee made from a syrup and some people do not like that coffee. The coffee card provides you unlimited brewed coffees for the duration of the cruise upon which you purchased the card. Opinions vary most wildly on the sharing of the brewed coffee.

The punches are for specialty coffees. They carry over to subsequent cruises if you do not use them all. Since they are limited, most opinions agree that it is OK to share punches.

Much like using punches for specialty coffee, I believe most will agree it is OK to share punches for gelatos.

Regular brewed coffee is not available either in the DR or Horizon Ct. What you get is the concentrated syrup made to resemble and taste like brewed coffee. That is free. What you get is something that resembles coffee, but tastes like sludge.

I have a few questions. If you buy a coffee card, can both you and your partner use the card or do you both have to have your own? I am assuming if you want regular brewed coffee (no specialty) that is available in the dining rooms and the horizon court at no charge.
Brewed coffee is not served in the dining room or buffet.

You can share the card with as many people as you want for the specialty coffee as those are punches, one drink per punch. For unlimited brewed coffee, you would each get your own. Any time you have something "unlimited," it's meant for the person purchasing it, whether it's a soda card or the coffee card on a ship, a drink with free refills at a restaurant at home, dinner at a buffet restaurant, etc. The policy is not written or stated on the card but with common sense, you'd know this is the case.

Brewed coffee is not served in the dining room or buffet.

You can share the card with as many people as you want for the specialty coffee as those are punches, one drink per punch. For unlimited brewed coffee, you would each get your own. Any time you have something "unlimited," it's meant for the person purchasing it, whether it's a soda card or the coffee card on a ship, a drink with free refills at a restaurant at home, dinner at a buffet restaurant, etc. The policy is not written or stated on the card but with common sense, you'd know this is the case.

But you can purchase specialty coffees. Each dining room has an espresso machine.

We buy a coffee card so that I can get a decent coffee in the lounges etc. My husband asks for a hot chocolate at the same time and the 2 are brought together for one punch. Definitely worth it!!!

Archived