Grandeur 7-19-13 to 7-26-13 Review

KelJ

Having sailed a couple of times out of Baltimore... if you don't have luggage tags, they direct you to the tent... don't do it. Just go get your car in line and walk over to the tent. I, too, have been frustrated by people who arrive after me getting in before me... but that's not the way to start a vacation, so I'm learning to chill and take it all in stride. I usually beat them in unloading my luggage! :-)

Was Darryl Dyball your activities manager? If so, I'm curious to hear what you thought of him?

Hope its okay to ask this here...I'm sailing on Grandeur in a little over two months. Is there a way to get luggage tags before arriving to the pier or are you stuck getitng them there.

Also, if I understand correctly, you get in a car line to drop off luggage. Are you saying that one of you can go to the tent to pick up luggage tags (this is assuming I can't get them before our sail date)?

Hope its okay to ask this here...I'm sailing on Grandeur in a little over two months. Is there a way to get luggage tags before arriving to the pier or are you stuck getitng them there.

Also, if I understand correctly, you get in a car line to drop off luggage. Are you saying that one of you can go to the tent to pick up luggage tags (this is assuming I can't get them before our sail date)?

At about 49 days before your cruise, Royal's website will have a button on the online check-in page called "Print Luggage Tags".

Bob what would I do without you! Thank you! I guess by now Bob knows I'm going on Grandeur of the Seas LOL. I have had enough questions about them and he's been very helpful. Thank you again!

The daily activities change. it makes no sense to post it. Its alot of trivia, bingo, towel folding, line dancing.. that was all we saw. Karaoke, and battle of the sexes. We found this boat lacking in activities

By any chance do you have any daily planner to post? We are thinking of taking a cruise in this ship and would love to know the daily activities especially in the Centrum. I know it is noisy and crowded but their are some things we might enjoy. Thanks

At about 49 days before your cruise, Royal's website will have a button on the online check-in page called "Print Luggage Tags".

Actually, RCCL does not offer printed luggage tags any more, except maybe to D+ or suite guests. We just sailed on Grandeur in July and had to print them ourselves, cut them, and attach to our bags. Gone are the days of receiving the printed tags from the cruiseline. I'm sure this saves them money.

I think you are absolutely correct. We were definitely too early. We always get a very early start because I'm always fearful that something will happen on the drive to delay us.

Congrats on your engagement! Very exciting that it was on a cruise.

Glad to hear you had a great time. We enjoyed Francis in the DL as well. Very neat that he arranged for a cake to be delivered to the lounge for your son's 21st. I'll have to remember that for my son's 21st next year! Although it won't be until about a month after our cruise.

We also had to wait to get into the port, we got there around 9:40. I know it's earlier than the stated arrival time, but we've always gotten to our ports around this time and have never had to wait to get in until Baltimore. We also felt the process of getting bags unloaded and parked took longer than it needed to. But it's so nice to be able to drive to the port!

What night was lobster night? Can you still get more than two (husband loves lobster).:o

The fisherman's platter, which consists of a lobster tail and a few shrimp, was Day 6. Our son was permitted to order two of the platters.

Congrats on your engagement! Very exciting that it was on a cruise.

Glad to hear you had a great time. We enjoyed Francis in the DL as well. Very neat that he arranged for a cake to be delivered to the lounge for your son's 21st. I'll have to remember that for my son's 21st next year! Although it won't be until about a month after our cruise.

We also had to wait to get into the port, we got there around 9:40. I know it's earlier than the stated arrival time, but we've always gotten to our ports around this time and have never had to wait to get in until Baltimore. We also felt the process of getting bags unloaded and parked took longer than it needed to. But it's so nice to be able to drive to the port!

The morning after my son's 21st birthday, Francis presented him with a birthday card signed by the captain, the hotel manager, the pastry chef who had delivered the cake, and of course by Francis himself. On the cover of the card was a beautiful picture of the Grandeur. It was such a kind gesture.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fine review. Please, post it in the actual review section so everyone will see it. CONGRATULATIONS! How sweet, on the balcony...ahh, young love is wonderful! Isn't Francis just the best!!! Hoping he will still be there in Dec when I return.

• 9 months later...
I thought of two things that I wanted to add to my review.

First, stateroom JS-8564 has a pole at the foot of the bed.

Secondly, my son turned 21 the second night of the cruise. I've read that your age for the whole cruise is whatever age you were on the day of sailing. However, he went to guest relations, and they printed him a new non-child seapass so thereafter he was permitted to purchase alcohol.

Would love to know if your cabin was noisy? Also, were your beds pointed in the direction of the ship.....like if you were laying in bed were you going in the direction of the ship in JS - 8564? Thanks