Don't show up until 1:30 email

Green4me

We just got the notice of an imigration inspection on the Thursday sailing for Sensation this week asking us not to show before 1:30 and sail time would remain at 4pm. Anyone have similar experince and if so how did it work out?

This is our first Platinum trip and we were looking to get on early, not looking as that will happen

Thanks

Well, there's a thread about every other day. Most people will say "oh just ignore it and get there when you want."

I'm platinum and I like to board as soon as I can, but I really don't have to be the first one on the ship.

I'd rather not rush to the port and then have to sit and sit and wait and wait some more.

I think some of the emails they send out are just to try to stagger the arrivals. But if they gave a specific reason to NOT show up at 10:30, then I'd probably not show up at 10:30!

With the crew going thru the CBP check it takes the ship longer to turn around.

The crew are assigned timeslots for their turn, intermingled with the passengers. We have only experienced it at our own debarkation twice. One time it took us an extra hour to get off the ship. Another was our normal time. We are usually one of the last off. Both times in Long Beach.

I've experienced several crew inspections. Most of the time it delayed embarkation by only 15 to 30 minutes.

On a B2B the crew inspection was the 2nd week. And they were finishing up at about the same time as I was being walked off the ship and right back on for my 2nd leg. It was still around 11am.

I'm Platinum and would rather get to the pier and checked in (that part isn't impacted at all by crew inspections) and comfortably seated reading my kindle and people watching. So I go around 10:30.

I think the bottom line is that they send these notices to most everyone. We are in the group that ignore the letter and get to port about 10:30 a.m. We are generally on the ship by 11 enjoying the views and having the buffet.

I think the bottom line is that they send these notices to most everyone. We are in the group that ignore the letter and get to port about 10:30 a.m. We are generally on the ship by 11 enjoying the views and having the buffet.

DITTO! I too, feel it's just a ploy to stagger the embarkation, so that everybody doesn't arrive at the pier at 11:30. I'd suggest arriving most anytime you wish between 11 A.M., and 3 P.M. No problem. ;)

"SKY"

Show up when you want I dont listen to that letter I think it is mostly abou the lobby and how many people are in there at one time. Because a coulple times it really was croweded and frustrating so the best thing is to show up early or late to avoid the crowd which ever you prefer. I like early but if i dont stay the night before that may not happen.

It has that boarding time on our cruise documents. Our TA says you can board earlier, but it really does not matter to us because our plane is not getting to Fort Lauderdale until just after noon.

OK people, there are 2 letters. 1 which is the standard blah blah blah dont show up until 130 for your convience, the other one states a REASON such as coast guard inspection or other inspection. this letter has the REASON. I was on the fascination and we had the coast guard inspection letter. we arrived at the port at 1030 and the place was PACKED! and they didnt let anybody on until 1230 (platinum), and another time on RCL we didnt get on until 130 due to an inspection. show up when you want...however...be prepared to wait since this does have a reason for you not to show up until a certain time. most of the time they are quick about this thing, however (like on RCL) it did take a while

I'm just off the Carnival Liberty and got this email

"Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 1:00 PM. However, this Saturday, as a result of additional document screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 1:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM."

I disregarded the email and arrived around 11:30, then it took maybe 20 minutes until I was with everyone else waiting for my zone to be called and watching platinum, diamond, and FTTF boarding (I'm gold). I believe I actually boarded around 12:30 and was in my room at 1:30. The lobby was a bit crowded, but I found a seat no problem and would do it the same way again.

Hope this helps.

Yep, I tried to state in the first response that there are the "generic" emails telling people not to show up early, and then there are the emails with SPECIFIC reasons to not show up too early.

But of course there will be those who don't think that any of this nonsense applies to THEM! :p

And they'd probably be the ones to come back and complain about the late boarding and how crowded it was and how dare Carnival not warn them that they couldn't board at 10:30!!! ;)

Yep, I tried to state in the first response that there are the "generic" emails telling people not to show up early, and then there are the emails with SPECIFIC reasons to not show up too early.

But of course there will be those who don't think that any of this nonsense applies to THEM! :p

And they'd probably be the ones to come back and complain about the late boarding and how crowded it was and how dare Carnival not warn them that they couldn't board at 10:30!!! ;)

When we've gotten the SPECIFIC e-mail not to arrive at the port we have taken their advice and been very glad we did. Once it was due to fog and the ship never docked until 3pm, but loads of people were in a holding pen and had been there since 1030am. We arrived at 5pm and walked right on the ship as they were just about ready to load the Platinum cruisers. The second time we got the notice it said there would be a full immigration check and not to arrive until 1:30pm. We got to the pier about 1:15 and they boarded the priority cruisers around 1:30 as the e-mail suggested. Ignore those specific e-mails at your own risk. If you relish being penned up in an over-crowded terminal then by all means go for it and arrive early.

Thanks for all the replies. I am in the get there early group as well, and now that we will be platinum plan to leave hotel no later than 11:00 ( ten minutes to port). If we wait then we wait.

:)

Port Canaveral is an awesome port to leave from.........we usually plan to get to the port around 10:30....our first Platinum cruise was in April of this year and we ended up being the first on the ship other than the b2b as there were no weddings or diamond or special needs........Port Canaveral is awesome!!!

Archived