Back-to-back question

royal65

We are booked on an 18 day cruise out of Copenhagen on the Eurodam. There is a 12 day cruise, also from Copenhagen, immediately preceding it that we are considering booking, but would be in a differnet cabin. Question: will we have to repack our suitcases and disembark or can we or a stewart just move our stuff to a different cabin? Would we have to go through the regular disembark process and re-embark? Thanx

No need to repack, or even to leave the ship. Let your steward know that you are staying on, need to move to a different cabin, and need assistance. He can bring in a garment rack to move your things from the closet, and exchange the drawers from the nightstands and under the beds. You will need to pack up the things that are out on the desk, vanity, medicine shelves, and under vanity shelf.

He should coordinate the time of the move so that the new cabin is ready for you.

I've continued on for many cruises in Europe. I love being one of the few left on the ship. For a while, it is so quiet and peaceful! I love it.

Your cabin steward can help you move. He will get a trolley to hang your closet clothes on. If you have the same type of cabin -- drawers can be just moved from one cabin to the new one. Remember to empty everything personal from the bathroom.

You can go early in the morning to the new cabin and introduce yourself to your new stewards and inform them that you will be in that cabin on the next cruise. If at all possible they will get that cabin ready as soon as possible.

You do not have to take anything off the ship.

Usually in a foreign port you do not have to get off the ship and wait for it to get down to "zero" count before you can get back on.

The last night of your first segment, you will receive a letter giving you instructions for the next day. They likely will include your key card/ID for the next segment or they may instruct you go to front office to get new ID. In any case, you do not have to do the whole shoreside check in again. Whatever needs doing can be done on the ship.

The last night of your first segment, you will receive a letter giving you instructions for the next day.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't recall ever getting a procedure letter for turnaround day in Europe.

All our Canada and Caribbean b-to-b's we've always gotten a letter at least stating breakfast/lunch hours and whether or not we are required to attend life boat drill.

Now, of course, life boat drill is mandatory on second segment.

All our Canada and Caribbean b-to-b's we've always gotten a letter at least stating breakfast/lunch hours and whether or not we are required to attend life boat drill.

Now, of course, life boat drill is mandatory on second segment.

OP isn't sailing in Canada or Caribbean.

I can only report on what I have experienced on continuing cruises in Europe. The Cruise Log distributed at the end of the first cruise lists the dining hours on turnaround day.

Archived