Bringing Beverages on Board?

languageartslady

I don't think so... It's always been on the "What not to pack" section of the site, and I am positive that my previous cruises had them prohibited.

I believe it says don't bring alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, right along with no guns or fireworks.

A strange list! :)

We are frequent RCI cruisers, and we've always brought soda/water onboard. This rule is very rarely enforced, except maybe during spring break.

I take water or bottles/soda on every cruise we go on. Always pack it in a tote cooler and check it. Never have problems doing so. On our B2B on Jewel I took a cooler, filled it with a case of soda, put it in a large suitcase and added water bottles, 7-up, and juice and checked the whole HEAVY suitcase. Made it to the cabin with no issue whatsoever.

Normally, I just take empty water bottles as the ship's water is fine with me. just fill them in the bath sink and throw them in a cooler to keep them cold. Only ship I take actual bottled water is Majesty as I just don't like the taste of the water on that ship.

We are frequent RCI cruisers, and we've always brought soda/water onboard. This rule is very rarely enforced, except maybe during spring break.

I guess I mean there *is* a rule against it, which means I will be following that rule. I know that you can get things past them sometimes, but its simply my preference to not try to knowingly break the rules. I have broken some cruise rules and custom rules... But I wasn't trying to!

:)

Hopefully they'll either decide to enforce it across the board or get rid of it entirely. I would be so angry if they confiscated my soda, which costs more and more all the time, and I then had to buy the soda package to replace it, causing me to effectively pay twice... It wouldn't be a good start for a cruise for me!

I guess I mean there *is* a rule against it, which means I will be following that rule. I know that you can get things past them sometimes, but its simply my preference to not try to knowingly break the rules. I have broken some cruise rules and custom rules... But I wasn't trying to!

:)

Hopefully they'll either decide to enforce it across the board or get rid of it entirely. I would be so angry if they confiscated my soda, which costs more and more all the time, and I then had to buy the soda package to replace it, causing me to effectively pay twice... It wouldn't be a good start for a cruise for me!

I believe DonnaK was referencing RCCl. There is no rule against bringing bottled water and soda on Celebrity cruises.

Researching for our first cruise so I apologize if I am asking silly questions :-)

When they say you can bring 2 bottles of wine, does that include champagne?

Also, My husband and I got the classic beverage package with our booking so I'm not concerned with us, but our kids aren't included. Is there anything "included" for them? I've seen conflicting reports on different sites but it looks like they can get juice at breakfast and lemonade or milk throughout the day? They don't drink soda so I'm not worried about soft drinks.

Thank you!!

"When they say you can bring 2 bottles of wine, does that include champagne?"

Yes

Free, no extra charge beverages include, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, orange juice drink, hot chocolate (from packets), milk, skim milk, sometimes chocolate milk.

I believe DonnaK was referencing RCCl. There is no rule against bringing bottled water and soda on Celebrity cruises.

I was also speaking about RCCL, since the discussion was mostly about the fact you can bring beverages on board RCCL ships, and that I was wrong in saying you couldn't.

I am THRILLED Celebrity doesn't have that rule! :)

"When they say you can bring 2 bottles of wine, does that include champagne?"

Yes

Free, no extra charge beverages include, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, orange juice drink, hot chocolate (from packets), milk, skim milk, sometimes chocolate milk.

Have you recently been on a ship with the fruit punch? Last cruise I took with X had it, and I loved it. I thought I'd read somewhere it was gone... That'd be great if it wasn't!

Archived