Bringing Beverages on Board?

languageartslady

Quick question, since I can't find it on the Celebrity website, and I'm sure you guys know the answer. :)

I saw that you cannot bring hard liquor or beer onboard at all, and you CAN bring two bottles of wine. But what about other beverages? Are we allowed to bring soda?

I assume no, because last time I sailed with Celebrity it was against the rules, but it's been awhile and I don't see it on the site instantly like I did when I checked RCCL's site.

I hope you can! My last cruise was on a HAL ship, and it was really nice to just bring our own sodas and not worry about the cost.

Thanks for the help!

Quick question, since I can't find it on the Celebrity website, and I'm sure you guys know the answer. :)

I saw that you cannot bring hard liquor or beer onboard at all, and you CAN bring two bottles of wine. But what about other beverages? Are we allowed to bring soda?

I assume no, because last time I sailed with Celebrity it was against the rules, but it's been awhile and I don't see it on the site instantly like I did when I checked RCCL's site.

I hope you can! My last cruise was on a HAL ship, and it was really nice to just bring our own sodas and not worry about the cost.

Thanks for the help!

You are allowed to bring soda and bottled water, no problem. Don't ever remember them being banned.

On our last two cruises we brought a case of water and a case of juice bottles for our kids. I am pretty certain soda was fine. It was just alcohol that had limitations. Normally I don't bring any drinks but our last two cruises were on the summit and driving distance from home. I noticed in the past when we flew others bringing cases of soda and thinking it was nice to have.

I thought it was RCCL that had the no soda policy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

stateroom

Correct. And they refer to 2 bottles of 0,75 liters and NOT 1,5 liters (or more).

If you want to drink them in a restaurant, you have to pay a corkage fee (i think it was $20 or $25).

On our last cruise we just duck taped a luggage tag on a package of water and it was delivered to our cabin, no problems!

I didn't use duct tape but peeled the entire backing off the luggage tag and slapped two on each case of soda and they were delivered to my state room as well.

I didn't use duct tape but peeled the entire backing off the luggage tag and slapped two on each case of soda and they were delivered to my state room as well.

Hi,

If you bring 2 bottles on day 1 and drink them can you buy another 2 bottles when you go ashore and bring them on board?

Hi,

If you bring 2 bottles on day 1 and drink them can you buy another 2 bottles when you go ashore and bring them on board?

No, only allowed to bring on board at embarkation - no alcohol in ports or they make you hand it in to collect on your last evening

We just got back on Sunday July 28 from THe Celebrity Summit. We bought a 24 pack of twelve ounce pepsi bottles from BJ's Wholesale club. We peeled off the back of an entire luggage tag and put it on the case. It was delivered to our stateroom with our luggage.

You can bring soda and water on RCCL.

I don't think so... It's always been on the "What not to pack" section of the site, and I am positive that my previous cruises had them prohibited.

I believe it says don't bring alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, right along with no guns or fireworks.

A strange list! :)

I think the level of diligence with respect to bringing on liquor varies from port to port. When we were in San Juan, we attempted to bring on 10 1.5 liter bottles of champagne. It was a 12 day cruise and there were 3 of us. Yes, we do like our champagne. My father and I each put two in our carry ons and went through different metal detectors. My wife was unwilling to participate in this. lol. We had no issues here. I put the other 6 in our regular luggage, 2 bottles in 3 different suitcases, one right after the next (should have spread them out I think). 5 of the 6 made it through. I suspect the nice folks at the pier figured 1 bottle was a "turn the other way" tax. Anyway, just my experience at San Juan.

Mark

On our last RCCL cruise we were told we could put a luggage tag on our case of water and it will be sent to our cabin with our luggage. Surprise, surprise at the port when the luggage handlers refused to take it and said we had to carry it on board ourselves. I have a feeling, because it was a spring break cruise, they wanted to hand check it at security. And they certainly did. I think the lady jiggled every single bottle. LOL

I don't think so... It's always been on the "What not to pack" section of the site, and I am positive that my previous cruises had them prohibited.

I believe it says don't bring alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, right along with no guns or fireworks.

A strange list! :)

Thats been like that for years.. Read the RCCL forum, you will find many who bring water and soda. There has been some minor issues, such out of Texas I think and spring break. Never had a problem all these years with bringing Pepsi on.

I can just stick a luggage tag to a 12 pack, seriously?

I love asking questions here. You are all so helpful. :)

Yep, seriously! :D I simply peel the entire back off of a luggage tag and slap it on the 12 pack of soda. I have never had an issue with it not showing up to my stateroom.

In fact one of the cans in on of the 2 12 packs broke and had leaked. The porters were nice enough to find a plastic bag to wrap it in, put another luggage tag on the bag and the other 11 cans arrived safe and sound!

I like diet tonic water & DH likes diet ginger ale. Neither of which are available on board. We always fill a small duffle bag with them & put a luggage tag on it. I do put my wine separately...

Archived