Have AzAmazing Evening Questions ? Please Post Here !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to tidy up our forum, I'm asking our members to post your AzAmazing Evening questions on this thread... but only those questions pertaining to a specific sailing date. This will allow Bill Leiber a centralized location for your questions, and allow our members easier access to current threads.

As an example... if you have a question regarding the AzAmazing Evening on the Quest November 26th sailing, please post it here. As always, General questions & discussion about AzAmazing Evenings are welcome to be posted within a new or existing thread.

All existing AzAmazing Evening questions will remain in their current threads, and will be closed after the OP's question is answered.

Within the next few days, this thread will become a "Sticky", for easier retrieval. Please be advised this is a test, and I welcome your feedback.

Thanks very much for your support and consideration !

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks for starting this thread Andy.

We are on the Spice Route cruise on 3rd April 2014. The Azamazing Evening has been provisionally set for 6th April in Phuket departing at 5.30pm. However, the ship does not arrive there until 1pm and all ship's excursions get back after 5.30pm when the Azamazing Evening starts (except the Elephant Ride which gets back at 5.30). We don't want to miss the evening at the Blue Elephant or the ship's tour we planned to do there which is eight and a half hours long. This in itself is odd as it will be dark for part of it! Can't help thinking either the ship's tours or the Azamazing Evening will not be very well attended. An early arrival in Phuket would solve the problem but obviously isn't possible or they would be doing it!

Any ideas about the 16 night "Route of the Frankincense" November 10, 2014 from Athens to Mumbai? I know transatlantics are excluded from the AzAmazing Evening; does this apply to repositioning cruises such as this one, too?

One more question! On the 10 night "Spain, from the Alcazar to Dali & Gaudi" voyage on Sept. 3, 2014 there's a day in Gibraltar until 10 pm. What are the odds that there might be an AzAmazing Evening in St. Michael's Cave (concert)? Or will there be something new and different for 2014?

More of a comment here. Since Azamara plays up the AzAmazing Evening as an event that distinguishes itself from its competitors, I don't understand why details on what/when/where aren't released when the voyage is released. If I like two itineraries, for example, with all other things being equal, the AzAmazing Evening might be the very thing that helps me chose one voyage over the other. It's a little irritating not to have all the information on hand to make a good decision when one books.

My husband and I are booked on the Sicily and Malta cruise on the Journey departing September 27, 2014 . I was quite surprised to check out the excursions for this cruise last night and already see the Azamazing Evening listed for the 1st evening in Sorrento.

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evenings Followers -

I'm pleased that Andy has created a single repository for your questions about our 2014 AzAmazing Evenings programs.

At this point in time, I'm unable to answer your specific voyage questions. As I mentioned in some of the other threads, our tour operations team is tweaking or revising our pending 2014 AzAmazing Evenings based on our guest's and onboard team's feedback. Further, these events are being cross-referenced with itinerary times and the time between the return of shore excursions and the transfer to the specific event. This audit is to be completed by August 31, 2013.

Also, based on your collective feedback from the several AzAmazing Evening threads, I'm seeking more detailed information about the "style" of each event, i.e., "elegant" - castle or hotel venue or "rustic/authentic", i.e. street fair or village party so that you can set more accurate expectations. Also, I'll seek information about the food and drink service provided.

It's important that we tell it like it is, so that you can set your expectations accordingly.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can obtain some answers to your individual questions.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evenings Followers -

I'm pleased that Andy has created a single repository for your questions about our 2014 AzAmazing Evenings programs.......

Thanks Bill. We look forward to learning about the AzAmazing Evening for our 16 Mar 14 Quest cruise in the West Indies!

A great idea, Andy, to combine all the questions.

Bill, we look forward to hearing about these special events for the Feb 3, Feb 17 and March 3 cruises on the Journey. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.:)

Hello Simon and others -

Although the tour operation team is still at work on reconfirming the 2014 AzAmazing Evening program, I learned that on the Azamara Journey's sailing of 27 May 2014, the AzAmazing Evening Event will be in Mahon, Menorca, Spain on 28 May 2014. It will not be in Cadiz. The plan calls for a Menorcan horse show at 'La Mola Castle.'

I'm also posting my response on a new thread that Host Andy created on July 31 - 'Have AzAmazing Evening Questions? Please Post Here! It's the best way to manage your questions as you patiently wait for the final 2014 line-up due at the end of August.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1889573

Note - when you find what you believe to be a discrepancy with itinerary times and published shore excursions and/or AzAmazing Evenings please bring them to my attention on Andy's new thread.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC) Hello Shedridt -

Note - when you find what you believe to be a discrepancy with itinerary times and published shore excursions and/or AzAmazing Evenings please bring them to my attention on Andy's new thread.

Though it may be premature to report this as a conflict, there is currently one shore excursion posted for our two days in Tokyo--25 and 26 February--during Journey's 17 February sailing from Hong Kong to Shanghai... It's an evening Geisha Performance/Dinner on 25 February...

You reported some time ago that the AzAmazing Evening for this cruise had been tentatively scheduled [content/date not yet finalized] for Tokyo on the same evening so as to create a potential discrepancy...

In addition, Bill, you have an inquiry above from a fellow cruise mate relative to the AzAmazing Evening during Journey's 3 February sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong... I posted to our Roll Call this morning that the details have been posted/that it is available for booking [10 February at Ho Chi Minh City] via the Azamara website...

--Mike

Edited by Xport

Though it may be premature to report this as a conflict, there is currently one shore excursion posted for our two days in Tokyo--25 and 26 February--during Journey's 17 February sailing from Hong Kong to Shanghai... It's an evening Geisha Performance/Dinner on 25 February...

You reported some time ago that the AzAmazing Evening for this cruise had been tentatively scheduled [content/date not yet finalized] for Tokyo on the same evening so as to create a potential discrepancy...

In addition, Bill, you have an inquiry above from a fellow cruise mate relative to the AzAmazing Evening during Journey's 3 February sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong... I posted to our Roll Call this morning that the details have been posted/that it is available for booking [10 February at Ho Chi Minh City] via the Azamara website...

--Mike

Hello Mike -

Thank you for your time and effort in bringing this information to our attention.

I'll respond when I have received the confirmed AzAmazing Evening information for both these voyages. Since my last "tentative" update, the specific event might have changed.

Until then, thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Simon and others -

Although the tour operation team is still at work on reconfirming the 2014 AzAmazing Evening program, I learned that on the Azamara Journey's sailing of 27 May 2014, the AzAmazing Evening Event will be in Mahon, Menorca, Spain on 28 May 2014. It will not be in Cadiz. The plan calls for a Menorcan horse show at 'La Mola Castle.'/quote]

Hello Simon and others -

IMPORTANT - The AzAmazing team is working this weekend and I just received notice that the information I posted earlier today MAYBE inaccurate. Please disregard my statement that the event will be held in Mahon, Menorca, Spain.

I'm not stating another word until I have received final confirmation from the team which is due later this week.

I'm sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Simon and others -

Although the tour operation team is still at work on reconfirming the 2014 AzAmazing Evening program, I learned that on the Azamara Journey's sailing of 27 May 2014, the AzAmazing Evening Event will be in Mahon, Menorca, Spain on 28 May 2014. It will not be in Cadiz. The plan calls for a Menorcan horse show at 'La Mola Castle.'/quote]

Hello Simon and others -

IMPORTANT - The AzAmazing team is working this weekend and I just received notice that the information I posted earlier today MAYBE inaccurate. Please disregard my statement that the event will be held in Mahon, Menorca, Spain.

I'm not stating another word until I have received final confirmation from the team which is due later this week.

I'm sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

Sincerely,qq

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Thanks for you help. We hope a really enjoyable evening is in the works.

Simon

Hello. I am new to Azamara and curious if their will be any Azamazing nights on the 2014 Quest sailings of 6/21 and 6/28. Thanks.

Hello Terrier1 -

Welcome to Azamara Club Cruises and we look forward to the opportunity of fulfilling your vacation needs!

Although the final AzAmazing Evening Events for both Azamara Quest voyages (June 21 and June 28, 2014) are under review prior to posting on the website, there definitely will be AzAmazing Evening offered on each voyage.

I hope this helps in your decision making.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello. I am new to Azamara and curious if their will be any Azamazing nights on the 2014 Quest sailings of 6/21 and 6/28. Thanks.

On the 28th June 2014 cruise the Azamazing Evening is showing under shore excursions as being a "Crete Waterfront Street Party - E907" on the 29th June. We have registered to attend but perhaps it will change when all the Evenings are finalised at the end of August.

We are also keen to get confirmation of the Evening (and excursions) for our Spice Route cruise on the Journey in April as there are most definitely 'timing issues' with that one.

Has the azamazing event been planned for the Quest sailing leaving Nice on Oct 16th? Is there any information available online?

Hello Gagrl123 -

Yes, there is an AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Quest departing on October 16, 2013 from Nice. You can access "AzAmazing Evening" events several ways from the US/Canada websites:

#1 / "FIND A VOYAGE" Tab on the top of the Home Page and then follow template to complete voyage data; be sure to click "Iti9nerary & Booking" tab on the right side:

AzAmazing Evening in Monte Carlo: A Night at the Oceanographic Museum—October 17, 2013. Spend an evening at a private party in the famous museum affiliated with Prince Albert and overseen for many years by Jacques Cousteau. Tour the aquarium and collections, sip wine and nibble on canapés, and enjoy the rooftop terrace with views of the harbor below.

This link provides details within the context of the itinerary. Here is a link: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/view-cruise-itinerary/7-night-principality-to-vatican-voyage_QS07M191-1381896000

#2 / "AZAMAZING EVENINGS” Box located mid-way on Home Page which takes you to "Special Offers" > Azamazing Evenings.

Here you have access to three Tabs:

1. "View Our 2013 Azamazing Evenings Brochure"

2. "Book Your Azamazing Evenings Event"

3. "View AzAmazing Evenings Videos"

This link provides details and a link to actually book your specific event.

#3 / "PLAN YOUR VOYAGE" Tab on the top right of the Home Page:

This will take you to a drop-down menu that lists "AzAmazing Evenings." Click on that link and the information that is shown on the "Special Offers" link shown above (#2) will appear.

It seems that I'm a very "talkative" GPS but in my opinion either #1 or #2 are the two best routes.

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

:confused:Is there an Azamazing eving scheduled for this cruise?

Hello Ctbx1 -

I'm sorry for your confusion and I'm pleased to inform you that there definitely will be AzAmazing Evening offered on the Azamara Quest's October 12, 2014 voyage - Holy Lands & Journey of St. Paul.

I've mentioned earlier on this thread that the final AzAmazing Evening Events for 2014 are under review by our global operations team prior to posting on the website. The target is to have them available on the website by end of August.

I hope this helps in your decision making and brings you some peace of mind in the interim.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 3 weeks later...