We have a hull

bluewater723

Don't they usually build them and then have a least a few "trial run" cruises?

It seems like the Med is sailed year round.

I concur, or at least for several long months. Besides, construction time tables can (and probably will) change launching VISTA in the springtime.

In any event we WILL be returning to the Mediterranean then just so I can write a Part-2 to my first review (see below).

• 1 month later...
I concur, or at least for several long months. Besides, construction time tables can (and probably will) change launching VISTA in the springtime.

In any event we WILL be returning to the Mediterranean then just so I can write a Part-2 to my first review (see below).

I'm absolutely counting on the Vista in the Med for our May/June cruise. Carnival mucked up my 2014 plans for my oldest's HS graduation trip so they better not mess with my youngest's bar mitzvah trip :mad:

The reason they pulled out was because they are having a hard time filling the ships up. They the reason is due to the high airfares. So I wouldn't hold your breath.

Applying any rationale to 2+ years away is sketchy either way. Based on your comments (which I agree with), you are guesstimating that based on that they will never return. Carnival could be (they would bet will be) in a much better position which could significantly enhance their potential European outlook. This might make a season in the Med entirely feasible (possibly even in 2015 before the Vista even comes out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Applying any rationale to 2+ years away is sketchy either way. Based on your comments (which I agree with), you are guesstimating that based on that they will never return. Carnival could be (they would bet will be) in a much better position which could significantly enhance their potential European outlook. This might make a season in the Med entirely feasible (possibly even in 2015 before the Vista even comes out.

Well I hope they do return. But the person were I'm getting my information has been in the travel business for 35 years and deals with carnival a lot. They told her that it is very unlikely they will return. But fingers crossed. I doubt anything is written in stone.

Well I hope they do return. But the person were I'm getting my information has been in the travel business for 35 years and deals with carnival a lot. They told her that it is very unlikely they will return. But fingers crossed. I doubt anything is written in stone.

We are going to a TA event for the Sunshine in New Orleans next month for the naming ceremony (sleepover). We will be seeing the Eastern area VP and I will have his ear for a while. I will certainly grill him on Europe (as well as expanded other sailings and new ships). I will report back after that event.

We are going to a TA event for the Sunshine in New Orleans next month for the naming ceremony (sleepover). We will be seeing the Eastern area VP and I will have his ear for a while. I will certainly grill him on Europe (as well as expanded other sailings and new ships). I will report back after that event.

Cool. I am hoping my source is wrong.

Archived