Royal Princess Drink Prices

loliola

Has this changed on the Royal?

The latest review here on CruiseCritic says the following:

The ugly:

Its a profit maximizing situation, only, for Princess and thats how theyre treating it. It starts to stack up in an annoying way. They are charging separately for soda in a mixed drink. They actually have fewer and less nice amenities throughout when compared to other ships--- laundry room is top loader and old washers and dryers; no game room/area; the pools (see below); the library is several shelves with a single conference table; steam rooms and spa amenities are co-ed and costs $49.00 per day; etc. etc. The idea was clearly to cram as many people as possible onto this pretty tub with the minimum amenities they could get away with.

. . . . The idea was clearly to cram as many people as possible onto this pretty tub with the minimum amenities they could get away with.

Now I have a title for my review when/if I ever do sail the Royal . . .

Not a happy camper, the cruiser you quoted. They lost me at "old" washer/dryers, since I think it's unlikely Princess got a job lot of Maytags off ebay for a new ship. Seriously, talk about looking for silly things to whine about.

To sorta answer your question, one restaurant I go to around here in fact does charge mixed drinks that way. The receipt will show:

1-Tanqueray, $7,

1-CD tonic, $2

Which equals the $9 listed on the menu for a G&T. It's just how they run it for inventory purposes, I guess (they don't charge for the lemon. Yet.).

The washers/dryers were most certainly brand new.

Never had a mixed drink on a ship yet (vodka/orange, whisky/coke) only had cocktails, Bellinis, wine etc but just about every pub or bar I have been in, including the one I worked in many years ago, charged extra for the mixer.

Now I have a title for my review when/if I ever do sail the Royal . . .

Not a happy camper, the cruiser you quoted. They lost me at "old" washer/dryers, since I think it's unlikely Princess got a job lot of Maytags off ebay for a new ship. Seriously, talk about looking for silly things to whine about.

To sorta answer your question, one restaurant I go to around here in fact does charge mixed drinks that way. The receipt will show:

1-Tanqueray, $7,

1-CD tonic, $2

Which equals the $9 listed on the menu for a G&T. It's just how they run it for inventory purposes, I guess (they don't charge for the lemon. Yet.).

]]

I've been to a few places that do what you have mentioned. I always wonder why they just don't say $9 for the drink!

I would imagine that the person who wrote the review asked for a can of coke. I can't imagine Princess charged for the drink and then charged for the soda.

Archived