Ov cabin question

megnut78

I must apologize of course first if this has been asked. I have searched and have been unable to find the answer.

Has anyone ever booked a cabin marked with a STAR with four people? (which states they have 2 beds that can be converted to a queen and 1 couch) I have booked this cabin for four people, as Carnival allowed it online. I am very concerned because it doesnt state that it has a pull down and none of the pictures I have seen of similar cabins, show a pull down. We are booked for the Splendor on 8/21 in cabin 2372 if this helps. But I would love to know if anyone has booked one that shows a STAR and it does have a pull down or how they fit 4 people? I called Carnival and they basically said it wouldnt allow me to book it for 4 people, if it only fit three people, but they couldnt give me a definite, "yes, this cabin holds 4 people." I would really appreciate it, since I stress enough about everything else :)

I must apologize of course first if this has been asked. I have searched and have been unable to find the answer.

Has anyone ever booked a cabin marked with a STAR with four people? (which states they have 2 beds that can be converted to a queen and 1 couch) I have booked this cabin for four people, as Carnival allowed it online. I am very concerned because it doesnt state that it has a pull down and none of the pictures I have seen of similar cabins, show a pull down. We are booked for the Splendor on 8/21 in cabin 2372 if this helps. But I would love to know if anyone has booked one that shows a STAR and it does have a pull down or how they fit 4 people? I called Carnival and they basically said it wouldnt allow me to book it for 4 people, if it only fit three people, but they couldnt give me a definite, "yes, this cabin holds 4 people." I would really appreciate it, since I stress enough about everything else :)

We had a similar situation when we were looking at cabins. The website indicated it was for 4 people but we could not figure out WHERE the 4th person was going to sleep. Finally called a TA and she told us that sometimes those cabins are a sofa and a pull out TRUNDLE for the 3rd and 4th passenger. So you have to decide if you would be comfortable sleeping on a trundle......we took a pass and booked a room that had a pull down and a sofa.

Big easily-readable Deck Plans here...

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan.php?SailDate=&ShipID=53974&DeckNumber=2

but it doesn't solve your question I don't think.

When I click on the actual cabin, the picture pops up with some blurb

it mentions sleeping THREE.

I'd phone Carnival and ask very specific questions..

We had a similar situation when we were looking at cabins. The website indicated it was for 4 people but we could not figure out WHERE the 4th person was going to sleep. Finally called a TA and she told us that sometimes those cabins are a sofa and a pull out TRUNDLE for the 3rd and 4th passenger. So you have to decide if you would be comfortable sleeping on a trundle......we took a pass and booked a room that had a pull down and a sofa.

Only ships built year 2000 and before which were grandfathered to allow 5 to a quad have trundle beds.. so that can't be it.

I too see it marked as a triple on cruisedeckplans.com

Not sure what site the poster is seeing that says she sees it clearly as a quad.

I am sure no trundle bed is possible.

Couldn't get on Carnival's website. Looked on the website provided by Aplmac. Cabins marked with a Star are three person cabins. You want a cabin marked with a square.

Call Carnival now! 1274 & 1286 are available and can hold four.

THANK YOU everyone for your help and replies. I called Carnival this time as if I was looking into booking a new cruise and had a question on a specific cabin. I told her that it was allowing me to put 4 people into this room, but it says that it only holds three people. She assured me that it had two twin beds (that convert to a queen) plus the couch and an upper. Soo, I will be posting a review once I get home and I will let everyone know how it goes :) 18 days and counting. Thanks again so much!

THANK YOU everyone for your help and replies. I called Carnival this time as if I was looking into booking a new cruise and had a question on a specific cabin. I told her that it was allowing me to put 4 people into this room, but it says that it only holds three people. She assured me that it had two twin beds (that convert to a queen) plus the couch and an upper. Soo, I will be posting a review once I get home and I will let everyone know how it goes :) 18 days and counting. Thanks again so much!

If you look at the deck plans for this cabin on Carnival's site, there is a square for this particular room, which indicates 2 twins/king a sofa bed and an upper. So clearly it will suit 4 people.

I looked at cruisedeckplans and it shows a star. I would go whith the square on Carnival's site.

You'll be fine, enjoy your cruise! :)

I can't help you with this but just wanted to say we are almost neighbors. I am in 2312.

I guess we will be :) I will have the Happy Birthday sign on my door at some point. My sons 12th birthday is on the 26th and I decorate myself :)

I can't help you with this but just wanted to say we are almost neighbors. I am in 2312.

No need to worry. It holds 4 people. Some external deck plans are outdated.

"

Cabin 2372 6C 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper

View: window

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

Archived