requirments for forign travelers

Chihuahua-Mama

I am traveling in Sept with some new friends, it is their first cruise.

She is from England, now living in Canada.

Her resident address is Canada, her passport is UK

When we filled out her online checkin, she was flagged, and Carnival website said she needed to bring a visa. We can not find any information on the Carnival site to find out where to get a visa, or what it is.

Is a visa, in USA called something else in Canada?

Bottom line, what we need to know, is what will the US customs require from her to leave the ship.

Any help will be awesome :-)

Here is the FAQ page for the ESTA Visa waiver program.

This is generally what is required for UK citizens to enter the USA. I offer it solely as a guide for your continued research; as is repeatedly said on here, do not rely on advice from a message board for something so important.

Here is the FAQ page for the ESTA Visa waiver program.

This is generally what is required for UK citizens to enter the USA. I offer it solely as a guide for your continued research; as is repeatedly said on here, do not rely on advice from a message board for something so important.

Thank you for the advice :-) no worries, we will research till we have the exact info required.

The issue we keep running into, is she is not a UK citizen entering the USA. She is a Canadian citizen, entering the USA with a UK passport

That being said, as we leave Canada, into the USA, she pays for a pass into the USA (at the border) it is $6.00. It allows her, as a Canadian citizen to visit the USA with a UK passport. What we can't seem to find out, is this what the port authorities will want to see when we are debarking the ship back into NY

Its not just what she needs to get on the ship, its what she will need at the ports of calls. Even though she is a Canadian resident, she is a UK citizen, so she might require additional visas.

Why do you need something extra to the ports? Do all UK citizens on a cruise ship require something more then their Ship card? I am a Canadian, and never shown a port personal anything other then my sail and sign card and drivers license. Is it different by country?

She may want to get a Canadian Passport for when she is going into the USA in the future

We have a friend that has dual citizenship & carries both a Canadian & UK passports

contact the US embassy/consulate to find out exactly what she needs

She may want to get a Canadian Passport for when she is going into the USA

We have a friend that has dual citizenship & carries both a Canadian & UK passports

Good plan for future travel, i believe hers expires in 2014 anyway, however for now we are booked for September

another thought is she may need to show her citizenship card from Canada as well the ESTA visa

I know the inlaws had to go & get their Citizenship card before applying for a Canadian Passport

Check with the proper authorities soon

My advice? I would call/talk to thre people. I would first start with carnival. MOST of there agents should have the information or be able to point you to the right people. I would also talk to the UK consolit IN Canada. They should be able to give you more information. I would also perhaps talk to the UK consolet in the countries your going to.

If you do decide to go down the ESTA way, only buy from the official US Gov. site....it used to be $14 for a UK citizen to enter the USA, and I haven't heard that it's increased. It's just that some firms are offering to do this for you, and charging much more for their work, which you can do on line with the official site-some of these other sites do look official.

Perhaps Carnival is suggesting the ESTA to make sure she's covered...especially if you're touching some US Caribbean islands?

Sorry, I can't help any more. :(

Why do you need something extra to the ports? Do all UK citizens on a cruise ship require something more then their Ship card? I am a Canadian, and never shown a port personal anything other then my sail and sign card and drivers license. Is it different by country?

What's your itinerary? As you will be entering different countries, each ones have their own rules. So, yes, a UK citizen might need a visa, where a US or Canadian citizen might not. The only place to get the right answers are the proper consulates. An anonymous message board is not.

Archived