Southwest flights through April 6, 2014 coming 8/26/13

Buffalofirsttimer4

For those of you looking to book Southwest they are currently accepting air reservations through March 7, 2014. On August 26, 2013, they will open their schedule for sale through April 6, 2014.

YEAH- I'll be able to book our flights :D:D:D.

(Yes I posted this in our roll call but for those of you not going on Liberty with us, I thought I would share the news)

Happy Sailing!!!

For those of you looking to book Southwest they are currently accepting air reservations through March 7, 2014. On August 26, 2013, they will open their schedule for sale through April 6, 2014.

YEAH- I'll be able to book our flights :D:D:D.

(Yes I posted this in our roll call but for those of you not going on Liberty with us, I thought I would share the news)

Happy Sailing!!!

Thanks for the info, swa is always so far behind other airlines.

Thanks for the info, swa is always so far behind other airlines.

My personal thought on why: They're still so damn good at convincing everyone that they will have the lowest fares, so people are willing to wait around several extra months for Southwest to release their schedule. By the time they do, and the customer sees that they are often NOT the cheapest, the cheapest fares on other airlines (that went on sale months ago and people passed up on because of Southwest) have already disappeared. Now, they are faced with a fare on Southwest that is lower than AA, DL, UA at that time, but is higher than the fare on AA, DL, UA would have been had they booked before Southwest released their schedules.

Just my thoughts.

My personal thought on why: They're still so damn good at convincing everyone that they will have the lowest fares, so people are willing to wait around several extra months for Southwest to release their schedule. By the time they do, and the customer sees that they are often NOT the cheapest, the cheapest fares on other airlines (that went on sale months ago and people passed up on because of Southwest) have already disappeared. Now, they are faced with a fare on Southwest that is lower than AA, DL, UA at that time, but is higher than the fare on AA, DL, UA would have been had they booked before Southwest released their schedules.

Just my thoughts.

On the other hand, it also means that you don't have to deal with flight time changes over and over again. What you book is what you fly.

I check Southwest every day, cause sometimes they open their schedules ahead of the scheduled day. I have been not so patiently waiting for April 2014 for a long time! :D But, alas, I will still have to wait because our departing flight is April 6th, but our return flight is April 13th, so it will still be awhile before I can book. But, hey, I'm closer than I was! :D

Just my thoughts.

I sure hope your wrong in my case cause that's exactly what I am doing! I always fly Delta because it is the cheapest flight from our airport. Southwest just came to our area this year so thought I would wait and give them a try based on opinions from CC peeps. (Who have never let me down, lol) I am waiting for next block of flights to open and Delta did have a pretty good price a couple weeks ago. Just hoping I didn't make a mistake!:)

Something I was thinking about, if I was to book a flight home leaving FL at 1:00pm arriving home at 8:00pm and saw a flight later on to get me home earlier than 8:00pm I could cancel the first flight and rebook the better time and get a credit to my account if cheaper or just pay the difference if higher?

Something I was thinking about, if I was to book a flight home leaving FL at 1:00pm arriving home at 8:00pm and saw a flight later on to get me home earlier than 8:00pm I could cancel the first flight and rebook the better time and get a credit to my account if cheaper or just pay the difference if higher?

Yes. Just go to "change flight" on Southwest's website rather than flat our canceling and rebooking - much easier.

If you get a credit, it's good for the name of the traveler only, for one year from time of original ticket purchase (not travel date)

I'm going to mark my calendar now to watch that week for flights to open.

For us SW is the only non stop flights to Fort Lauderdale from St Louis and they have been the least expensive since 2008. I love no baggage fees too!

Archived