~~"It's A Miracle" we're going to Hawaii 10/19/13 Official CC Group Cruise~~

CC Help Jenn

Me too

But as a friend has said, they are not going to stop flights, unless it is something on the lines of 911

we may be held up a bit longer for customs, and TSA

but we are always way early anyway so all is well

we will plan accordingly

Yes, we will get to Long Beach one way or another for sure.

One good thing for me, my small airport is less hassle then most for the first leg of the trip anyway.

Ok, prays for Bobbie now, we have to get you and Ed in good shape for this trip.

I hope the Dr. can help

Thanks Chelle, we need all the prayers we can get.

I did get meds (well I will have meds, have to go to the base today to get them filled) both pills and a cream to apply directly to my lips.

She says( my doctor) this is the meds she herself uses and they should work fast....Hoping so.

She also continued to scold me about stress and still insist that is the culprit behind this, but as I told her, I'm not able to turn it off like a light switch.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I also ask her in a kind way why she has to use those meds if she can handle her stress. That caught her by surprise and she wasn't sure what answer to give me.:D

Enough about me, is everyone finished packing? It's starting to get down to crunch time now.

We are headed to Hawaii soon!!!:):)

Thanks Chelle, we need all the prayers we can get.

I did get meds (well I will have meds, have to go to the base today to get them filled) both pills and a cream to apply directly to my lips.

She says( my doctor) this is the meds she herself uses and they should work fast....Hoping so.

She also continued to scold me about stress and still insist that is the culprit behind this, but as I told her, I'm not able to turn it off like a light switch.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I also ask her in a kind way why she has to use those meds if she can handle her stress. That caught her by surprise and she wasn't sure what answer to give me.:D

Enough about me, is everyone finished packing? It's starting to get down to crunch time now.

We are headed to Hawaii soon!!!:):)

That was a good one on the Dr. Bobbie...

As Dan would say from Beach Body... Good on you Bobbie...Good On you!

Ok, now have told Bill and Mae and the parents about our itinerary change made by Carnival

In saying this, if your lurking and you don't know about the itinerary change, there has been one. We are now going to Maui, Kona, Honolulu, Kauai, Hilo with some time changes also.

Edited by doddsm

Good afternoon ladies!

The morning went someplace I'm not sure where, but we did have to go get flu shots and then to lunch afterwards.

I had my flu shot last week but Ed, my dad , and mentally challenged cousin, did not. Ed is very capabile of going on his own and doing the paperwork involved, my dad and cousin not so much so I had to go too.

Bottom line it's over and done, now I'm off to take Izzy for her yearly check up and injections at the vet.

When that is over and done it will be Ladies Bible Study time....... This day will be almost over and there will be not a lot left for me to show what I have done today....:D:(

Anyway it is what it is and I should be boarding a plane to California two weeks from tomorrow......;)

Edited by 1tuckersmom

Good afternoon ladies!

The morning went someplace I'm not sure where, but we did have to go get flu shots and then to lunch afterwards.

I had my flu shot last week but Ed, my dad , and mentally challenged cousin, did not. Ed is very capabile of going on his own and doing the paperwork involved, my dad and cousin not so much so I had to go too.

Bottom line it's over and done, now I'm off to take Izzy for her yearly check up and injections at the vet.

When that is over and done it will be Ladies Bible Study time....... This day will be almost over and there will be not a lot left for me to show what I have done today....:D:(

Anyway it is what it is and I should be boarding a plane to California two weeks from tomorrow......;)

Rick and I get our shots next week.. I hate needles..:eek:

Another day closer.. :D

Lynne I do not like needles either.

However since I had to start taking allergy shots a few years ago, it is easier now than it once was.

I'm still glad I have everyone's behind me...

I am just so ready for this cruise to get here.

Time does seem to be going pretty fast now though.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Yes Lynne and Bobbie, we are getting there, my hubby is starting to act weird now, which is what he usually does before I leave. It's probably me getting too excited and him staying home (his choice), but it is what it is.

Chelle if things had been different and Betty was still here with us I too would be ready to leave Ed behind.

It would have been his choice as well. So when time comes for me to leave if he isn't going I guess say, I'll see you when I'm home..:D

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by 1tuckersmom

Can't wait!!!! We fly out of Chicago on Thursday the 17th. Where is everyone staying in LA (or Long Beach). We booked the Marriott at LAX airport but may switch to a hotel near the cruise port.

Some are staying at the Golden Sails Best Western and Others are at the Queen Mary both are in Long Beach.

Edited by doddsm

I was here earlier today before I started to finish our packing.

Well long story short, after I had typed the post, I goofed and deleted it....:( How dumb on my part....:rolleyes:

Anyway I really didn't have anything of importance to say at that time but I do now....

Yes, I am packed....:):) And two weeks early at that....Yea me!!!

Now if only we can get tropical storm Karen, that may become hurricane Karen and may hit the Mississippi Gulf coast, over and done without masses of damage or more important without people hurt or lives lost I will be a happy camper.

No, we don't live on the coast, but close enough that we are most always effected by a hurricane when it hits our coast.:(

Ok that's it for me today.

Hope I can post this without deleting it....:D

Actually, cruise gets in even later now to first port (Maui). Arrives at 10am (not 9am)

Hi Steph It looks like you are new to CC

We know about the change in times for Maui,

Also note they changed the Hilo and Kona dates on you.

Not to mention a couple other times changes

I read through some of your thread about dining times

there is no FTTF for this sailing because there are so many Plats and Diamonds

Not to mention many of them will be of the "older" generation who have issues with eating late...

Booking this past Aug for a 15 day cruise you were kind of late in the game so to speak for getting early seating :(

That being said, I have only heard good things about Your Time Dining on Carnival

You can go a bit earlier, you can request the same waiter too

Also one other thing with your Gluten Problem

Contact carnival and let them know you have special needs, they will have someone to come to you at your table and take your order for the next evening. that will help with "Mistakes"

We had a cruise friend at our table once, and this nice lady came buy every night to check with him.

Don't take this wrong, at this late date it really makes no difference to us one little bit, never did really But this is not the Roll Call.

You are more than welcome to hang here and chat with us, but I want you to know about the roll call too, just in case you wanted to see what they have planned.

Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40193507&posted=1#post40193507

Edited by Koval

So excited for you all BON VOYAGE..this year turned out needing one more junk trip home from family cabin and missed this year and last so lucky to go with dad same weekend as you all go..if all things work out, have a one year old great niece 4 days after my Bday that weekend oh my, but still wish it was Hawaii and all will be so nice as Carnival is working extra hard...Much love and Bon Voyage friends..sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks Marie. Good to know about the person who I can talk to in the restaurant about my gluten free needs!

We, just got back from our Sept 17/13 , 15 day to Hawaii, and Marie, is correct about a person coming to your table for the next evening. ;)

There was a lady with the same issue in our group, and toward the end of your meal, a Carnival rep came to their table.

Have fun on your cruise :)

Vic

After 18 months of waiting and many, many, ups and downs I have a hard time believing that we are finally just two weeks away from sail a way.

I'm packed, weighed, and all is well.:)

If only I could get over the sadness of having to leave Tucker and Izzy for 3 weeks, and worrying a bit about my dad being well while we are away, I would be a happy camper.:)

Once I'm on my way and meet up with all of you I will be fine. Let the good times roll.;)

I have a question for Marie or Chelle whichever sees this first. After we had the last itinerary change and we had to flip excursions AGAIN, we had an e-mail from someone and was told to print it as proof of confirmation. Well I couldn't print it as laptop is in for repairs.:(

I'm sure I saved it in my Miracle folder, but what I need to know is who is it from?:confused: Which excursion?

Have a great week end y'all, I'm gone.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app