~~"It's A Miracle" we're going to Hawaii 10/19/13 Official CC Group Cruise~~

CC Help Jenn

Oh my. Speaking of "Ducks in a Row",at one time this morning I thought that it was never going to happen for me...

Stressful day for us... Marie and Chelle know just how stressful. It`s not a secret from any one (well unless there might be a DH that we are not ready to share the news with....:D

We got it done though and the day is coming to an end. I for one am glad and happy with the way it has turned out.:)

Ok enough from me for today. In only a few days we can say we cruise to Hawaii next month.....Happy Dance, then.

Chelle before I go we may now decide to do the trolley with you guys for awhile.... Depending on how the surgery goes...Did you pre-order tkts?

I need to be filled in on the trolley thingy...

Waving to Marie, Chelle, Lynne, Dobie, and anyone else who might drop by.

Chelle before I go we may now decide to do the trolley with you guys for awhile.... Depending on how the surgery goes...Did you pre-order tkts?

I need to be filled in on the trolley thingy...

Waving to Marie, Chelle, Lynne, Dobie, and anyone else who might drop by.

No, I did not pre-order the tickets, here is my reason why. It's just a couple dollars discount and thought we needed to give it more thought, I emailed the trolley company and they informed me we can purchase the tickets at Carinval's

Customer Service Booth, but we would not get the online discount.

I decided for 2 bucks off, I wanted to think about it more.

Marie likes the public bus option for a lot less money. So as you see this has not fully developed into what we are going to do.

Good Morning everyone

Nice to see some chat going on.

Bobbie, about the trolly, I just am wondering if that is more of a tourist trap type thing.

Sure we can all pay $30 to jump on and off all day, but the local bus is like $2 with a free transfer.

And now with Ed's issues, I am wondering if we shouldn't try and rent a van or something.

So there would be less "jumping" on and off for him, Mom and dad too for that matter.

Just thinking out loud here again

But if we are going with buses, I say lets wait and see how everyone feels come the day of the port.

It might be that Ed, Dad and Nick don't want to do the busing around to the Luau, stopping and shopping and such.

They might want to taxi over at say 3:00 and meet us under that big tree?

I am good with what that too.

Good Morning everyone

Nice to see some chat going on.

Bobbie, about the trolly, I just am wondering if that is more of a tourist trap type thing.

Sure we can all pay $30 to jump on and off all day, but the local bus is like $2 with a free transfer.

And now with Ed's issues, I am wondering if we shouldn't try and rent a van or something.

So there would be less "jumping" on and off for him, Mom and dad too for that matter.

Just thinking out loud here again

But if we are going with buses, I say lets wait and see how everyone feels come the day of the port.

It might be that Ed, Dad and Nick don't want to do the busing around to the Luau, stopping and shopping and such.

They might want to taxi over at say 3:00 and meet us under that big tree?

I am good with what that too.

Uuummmmm, this is all food for thought.;) The van might be a great idea and the taxi too...

We`ll need to ponder that one a bit. I do like the idea of the van. Could stop and go as we like.

I`ve done the bus thing and it is ok when you have a lot time.

Traffic as a rule is VERY heavy and the bus VERY slow.:D

Not sure of the distance (in miles) between the Hale Koa and the War memorial but bus took us 2 1/2 hours to get there...Stops every block, or so it seems.:(

Not having been on the trolley though I can`t compare the two...Y`all know me I am good with whatever my personal T.A`s decide...:D

Ok Chelle did you pass the NO ELECTRICTY bug my way????:confused:

No storms or wind or rain in sight. Bright sunny, clam day and about midmorning power goes off and just returns about 15 minutes ago..

The day I have loads to do and never enough time to do it..So off to shower now.....3 hours late....:(

Bye gang.

Hey all!! How are things going?? Getting better here..I see you have been talking about transportation?? I am wondering about the Luau day.. How are you getting to there?? Been looking but right now I am not sure.. Would love to travel along with all of you.. :D So please let me know what you have decided or letting me know the best way there I would appreciate it.. Thanks. :D

Hey all!! How are things going?? Getting better here..I see you have been talking about transportation?? I am wondering about the Luau day.. How are you getting to there?? Been looking but right now I am not sure.. Would love to travel along with all of you.. :D So please let me know what you have decided or letting me know the best way there I would appreciate it.. Thanks. :D

Hi Lynne, for Maui, we are just going to take the local transportation (the bus) over to the other side of the Island.

Stopping if there looks to be a place we want to see or shop. but really just getting us over to Lahina where it looks to be a fun little town full of sights and shopping.

Now that Ed is not at peak performance, and Dad is 80, and well Nick is Nick. They might not care to do the all day thing so they may decide to just Taxi over around 3 or so.

Not really sure an that one.

leaving that up to how they feel that day.

You and Rick are free to join us on the bus over though :)

The day in Honolulu is the day we are wondering about as far as getting around on the bus, rent a Van, do the trolly.

Again looking for the best buy, but also don't want to waste the day on a bus only having to go ten miles.

What to do what to do :D what are your plans in Honolulu?

Marie don`t let me discourage you from taking the bus to see the sights on Honolulu day.

The day we went to the war memorial was an extra heavy traffic day and plus we happened upon two traffic accidents getting there.

Even the bus driver commented about the traffic on that day.

But we took the bus on other days and it was STILL slow...:D

I`m good with what ever we do. I`m looking forward to our evening zoo trip to be honest.. That will probably be the high lite of the day for me...:)

Just wondering, are we eating on or off the ship that evening?

Off to ponder over clothes again. I did some more clothes shopping today (in my closets) only to find that I only have two pair of shorts that are not to large. One pair of those really are but I can "make do" with them.

Well I`ll just wear capris while in Hawaii. One thing I`m sure of, there is not way that I can bring all the clothes that I`ve hung out to take..:eek: Time to start subtracting from the pile..:D

Waving to Marie, Chelle, and Lynne... We are getting closer ladies....

Hi Lynne, for Maui, we are just going to take the local transportation (the bus) over to the other side of the Island.

Stopping if there looks to be a place we want to see or shop. but really just getting us over to Lahina where it looks to be a fun little town full of sights and shopping.

Now that Ed is not at peak performance, and Dad is 80, and well Nick is Nick. They might not care to do the all day thing so they may decide to just Taxi over around 3 or so.

Not really sure an that one.

leaving that up to how they feel that day.

You and Rick are free to join us on the bus over though :)

The day in Honolulu is the day we are wondering about as far as getting around on the bus, rent a Van, do the trolly.

Again looking for the best buy, but also don't want to waste the day on a bus only having to go ten miles.

What to do what to do :D what are your plans in Honolulu?

Where can I find info on the bus system to the luau?? Honolulu we are doing the Pearl Harbor etc. tour with the ship.. Looks like times have changed so I do not know at this time about the Zoo..:(

Good morning to all my sweet lady friends.

I`m off to yet another Dr.`s appointment again today...

Maybe, maybe, while on the ship there will be no Dr.`s to be kept...:D

Dobie you ask why this week is dragging, just wait until we are on the ship and Hawaii....Time will speed up then....:eek::eek::D

Well just wanted to drop by for a sec. Have to go now and get my day started....Later!!!

Oh my goodness. Just added another appointment to my list.:(

Had a call from radiologist, time for my yearly mammogram.:eek:

I made the appointment for the 9th. of September with the understanding that I might have to cancel...Depending on surgery date...

Well after Ed`s visit to the dermatoligst this afternoon, we have one more issue to deal with.

He has two "places" on his right ear area. One in front of his ear and one behind.

The one behind (the one I was really worried about) is ok. Only needed to be frozen off. Thank Heavens.

Different story for the one on front of his ear however.:eek: It had to be biopsied....Will know within a week if surgery is required on it.....:(

Y`all please pray. Right now I feel as if it is going to take a "Miracle" to get Ed well enough to get him on the Miracle.:rolleyes:

I will not even share my story dealing with getting my blood work done.. Someone dropped the ball and didn`t send paper work to Lab....:mad:

Another story for another day.....BUT I got the blood work done in the end...:D

Good Morning all

Bobbie, it sure sounds like everything is coming to a head this month for you and Ed.

I don't even want to think it, and you know what I am thinking...

But I am also happy you always purchase insurance

You and Ed are in our prayers for sure and not just so you get to cruise to Hawaii.

Lynne, what happened with your tour?

Well at least if you don't make it to the zoo it was at least a groupon and not the full cost.

It is getting close now...

I have been trying clothes now and again, but nothing is packed, just stuff I know I want to take.

Door decorations, and stuff is tucked away in Chelle's room with the luggage

Hawaii is going to be my test to see if I can pack 7-10 days in a Carry on for San Juan.

Not doing the formal thing for San Juan, so I think it will be possible.

Hawaii, I want to get 7-10 in my Carry on and over flow in the one big bag Nick and I will bring.

We will see :)

Good Morning all

Bobbie, it sure sounds like everything is coming to a head this month for you and Ed.

I don't even want to think it, and you know what I am thinking...

But I am also happy you always purchase insurance

You and Ed are in our prayers for sure and not just so you get to cruise to Hawaii.

Lynne, what happened with your tour?

Well at least if you don't make it to the zoo it was at least a groupon and not the full cost.

It is getting close now...

I have been trying clothes now and again, but nothing is packed, just stuff I know I want to take.

Door decorations, and stuff is tucked away in Chelle's room with the luggage

Hawaii is going to be my test to see if I can pack 7-10 days in a Carry on for San Juan.

Not doing the formal thing for San Juan, so I think it will be possible.

Hawaii, I want to get 7-10 in my Carry on and over flow in the one big bag Nick and I will bring.

We will see :)

About the tour. Looks like we will not be getting back until 4:30.. If we don't make it it is just a donation.. :)

Bobbie.. Prayers going to you..

I don't even want to think about a smaller bag.. :eek:

About the tour. Looks like we will not be getting back until 4:30.. If we don't make it it is just a donation.. :)

Bobbie.. Prayers going to you..

I don't even want to think about a smaller bag.. :eek:

LOL, the smaller bag is really for our Valor cruise.

Not going to have a costume or formal packed for that one

it is so port intensive, it will be Dress & Casual Capris/swim wear/and tops, one dress skirt (Reversible) and a sparkly top. Underwear, flip flops, and sandals.

Just going to see if I can do that much in my carry on for Hawaii.

Nick and I will each have a Carry on and share the larger bag.

Marie, Sssssshh don`t even THINK that way.:(

Hopefully we are going to be fine. I`m wanting Tuesday to be here so that we can see the surgeon face to face, discuss our options, and listen to his input on everything.:)

We will be ok IF we can get the surgery within the next two weeks...and the biopsy is negative.. If other wise (praying not) the Dr. will act fast on that. I know how he does things. This is not the first time Ed has had this problem..:eek:

To many years in the Air Force working on the flight line with aircraft and after that retirement extra years on the baseball field in the sun without sunscreen..:(

You know we didn`t know then what we know now about UV rays.

Marie, Sssssshh don`t even THINK that way.:(

Hopefully we are going to be fine. I`m wanting Tuesday to be here so that we can see the surgeon face to face, discuss our options, and listen to his input on everything.:)

We will be ok IF we can get the surgery within the next two weeks...and the biopsy is negative.. If other wise (praying not) the Dr. will act fast on that. I know how he does things. This is not the first time Ed has had this problem..:eek:

To many years in the Air Force working on the flight line with aircraft and after that retirement extra years on the baseball field in the sun without sunscreen..:(

You know we didn`t know then what we know now about UV rays.

Bobbie, you and Ed are on my prayer list. Try to enjoy the long weekend. Tuesday will be here fast enough. :)

ETA: And we get to look forward to that shrinking lone number! :D

Edited by dobiemom

Bobbie, you and Ed are on my prayer list. Try to enjoy the long weekend. Tuesday will be here fast enough. :)

Dobie thank you sooo much. That means a lot to us..:)

Enjoy your long week-end. Not wishing the holiday away for any one who goes to work every morning (been there done that up until I retired) but I`m anxious for Tuesday to be here.

We should have an idea of where we are going next with all our issues...:confused:

Anyway on a happy note, waving to all my friends and wishing all a happy, safe, great weather, Labor Day!!!

Chat with you all later... Today is SPA day, housekeeper day, and then to dinner with the DD and DSIL, DGDs, And DGSIL..:D

Hoping you know we are having dinner with daughter, son in law, both grands and oldest grand`s hubby...;)

Hawaii will be coming up soon!!!!!!

Dobie I am still sad that you are not on board with us...:(