First, let me just say, I LOVE Celebrity! Pellegrino w/Classic Pkg.? Possible?

CruisingGatorGirl

Hi everyone!

I just got of the phone with my amazing X cruise consultant, and now I am so excited! Can I just say that I am so thrilled to be using X for our honeymoon, they are the best!

I know not everyone may get this excited but after my experience on Carnival a couple weeks ago, I am so happy to be with X. It is the little things that make a difference. No, we did not get a room upgrade but we got something else!

I called her to discuss some specialty and excursion information. I asked her to confirm our OBC. When she listed what we had, items magically appeared!

We picked the $300 OBC with 123promo as we are not big drinkers.

She e-mailed our invoice and we have the $300 OBC, AND the classic drink package?, woohoo, no complaints here! And it was in the notes this is our honeymoon and to have a table for 2. Awesome! I love X! I was going to request this anyway but they already had it :D

Now I have a question regarding the drink package. As stated above, we are not big drinkers. A glass of wine or Prosecco is welcomed here and there. However we are BIG fans of San. Pellegrino and buy it by the case at home. We drink between the 2 of us 2-3 bottles a day.

With the classic package, what are our options for drinking San. Pellegrino? Sparkling water is not included in the classic package. However, the premium water package is less than the value of the classic package.

What do we do? Do we have to upgrade to get San. Pellegrino?

Should we just bring our own case on?

Basically we need a combo of premium water and classic alcohol? I do not need the best wines, I am fine with the ones that come with the classic. We would just love to have Pellegrino at our dinner table.

What are our options since we have the Classic 123Go Promo?

Does that make sense?

Thank you in advance!

Sending smiles,

Ashley

San Pelligrino is NOT included in the classic package.

You could upgrade to premium whilst onboard, so only one needs to do this. You could use your OBC for that.

Or you just pay the San Pelligrinos by using your OBC.

Buying another package - the premium non alcoholic - wont make sense imho.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

San Pelligrino is NOT included in the classic package.

You could upgrade to premium whilst onboard, so only one needs to do this. You could use your OBC for that.

Or you just pay the San Pelligrinos by using your OBC.

Buying another package - the premium non alcoholic - wont make sense imho.

Thank you for the quick reply. Ok that is a bummer. Silly because my future husband probably will not even drink one beer, he would rather have sparkling water which is cheaper than the beer! Wonder if one of us could "downgrade" to the premium water? It would save them money?

True, like you said, we can use the OBC to pay per bottle of the Pellegrino.

I'm pretty sure there are no downgrades on the drink package but I stand to be corrected. I seem to recall others trying but without success. If it were me, I would buy it locally and bring it on board.

No downgrades even if they save money.

Are you sure no sparkling water is included in the classic pkg?

Gonna be on Reflection on Friday, got the classic package and will try to find out what water options we have. You have to wait until i am back or maybe earlier if i can find some free wifi.

Last time i bought the premium non alc. pkg and we enjoyed a bottle of san pelligrino every diner :-)

For about $10 per person per day you can upgrade to the premium package. Even if you do not drink alcohol, you can have smoothies, soft drinks, fresh juices, special coffee drinks and all the Pelligrino you can drink!

We had the premium non alcoholic package on our July 14 Century sailing. We easily drank 5-6 large bottles of Pellegrino a day. They are definitely covered only in the premium package ad were not available flavored (just the classic small and large bottles)

I believe they get around $9 per large bottle if memory serves me correct, so we definitely made out on the premium non-alcoholic drink package :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For about $10 per person per day you can upgrade to the premium package. Even if you do not drink alcohol, you can have smoothies, soft drinks, fresh juices, special coffee drinks and all the Pelligrino you can drink!

I also suggest this. You can upgrade to this package once onboard using your onboard credit.

The classic package does not cover mineral water.

I also suggest this. You can upgrade to this package once onboard using your onboard credit.

The classic package does not cover mineral water.

That sounds perfect! Thank you!

Update:

Upon further inspection of the invoice, we do not have the beverage package :( I am really sad!

The Celebrity personal vacation consultant verbally said we had BOTH, I even asked her to repeat again what we had and she said BOTH OBC, and the classic beverage package.

However, when I looked at the invoice it says WAV- OBC, and above that OBC, so we do not have both.

I called her to check on this and she confirmed what I thought, only OBC.

Oh well, I had my hopes up and got all excited!

I guess the silver lining is I will save on the calories! :cool:

Update:

Upon further inspection of the invoice, we do not have the beverage package :( I am really sad!

The Celebrity personal vacation consultant verbally said we had BOTH, I even asked her to repeat again what we had and she said BOTH OBC, and the classic beverage package.

However, when I looked at the invoice it says WAV- OBC, and above that OBC, so we do not have both.

I called her to check on this and she confirmed what I thought, only OBC.

Oh well, I had my hopes up and got all excited!

I guess the silver lining is I will save on the calories! :cool:

What did she say when you told her you expected both?

What did she say when you told her you expected both?

We talked for a while the first day because her daughter just got married too and went on X for her honeymoon.

This is how are convo went (I changed her name to Jane):

me: "Hi Jane this is Ashley we talked yesterday about my honeymoon cruise"

Jane: "Yes, hi Ashley, how are you?"

me: "Good" exchange greetings, she asks how she can help

me: "Yesterday when we discussed the reservation you told me we had $300 OBC and the classic beverage package"

Jane: "Yes, I remember that"

me: "Well when I reviewed the invoice it shows "OBC" listed 2 different ways and no bev. pkg." "I was under the impression we had both"

Jane: "Ahh, let me take a look" she goes looking

Jane: she comes back, "Ashley I am going to need to have my supervisor take a look at this and call you back"

next day, she calls back

Jane "after my supervisors reviewed it, the promotion you used only allows one which you picked the OBC previously" she continues on "The European bookings get two"

So I understand with my promo I only get one, but why on the phone did she verbally tell me I had both?

So I got all excited for nothing :( oh well! At least I am able to go on a cruise!

My husband loves the flavored san pelligrino - do they have those??

We have a classic drink package but will probably upgrade if it's available -

There is no flavored sparkling water on board - but you can always ask for a slice of lemon or lime to be added to a glass for your sparkling water.

...I believe they get around $9 per large bottle if memory serves me correct, so we definitely made out on the premium non-alcoholic drink package :-)...

A large bottle of sparkling water is $4

If you still want the Pellegrino, you may want to look at the Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. It's $18 per night, and the website states:

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

It's not free, but it may be worth it for you.

My travel agent is saying I have both also. Doesn't sound right so I am not counting on it - if the obc is there when I get on then great - if not no worries I wasn't supposed to have it anyway.

Must be the way they are listing it its confusing the agents.

My travel agent is saying I have both also. Doesn't sound right so I am not counting on it - if the obc is there when I get on then great - if not no worries I wasn't supposed to have it anyway.

Must be the way they are listing it its confusing the agents.

Yes I think that is what it is. In our original phone conversation she said something to the tune of "I see you have 300 OBC and the classic beverage package from the WAVE promotion"

When I viewed the invoice it says:

SLR5- $300 ONBRDCRDT

WAV3-WAVE OBC

Archived