NCL PLEASE Change the Chefs Table Menu!!!

LOVEMYMO

We would love to do this again but won't until the menu changes. Although it was terrific, there was sort of a surprise factor involved...not knowing what the next course would be or taste like.

Please consider changing it up...I'm sure I am not the only one that would like this to happen :D

By leaving it the same it gives some of us a chance to finally experience it since evidently some of you won't be signing up. I've often felt that repeaters should not be allowed to sign up at embarkation, giving some of the rest of us a chance to sign up and experience it.

By leaving it the same it gives some of us a chance to finally experience it since evidently some of you won't be signing up. I've often felt that repeaters should not be allowed to sign up at embarkation, giving some of the rest of us a chance to sign up and experience it.

How would you know that it is just repeaters that sign up? There may be some, but surely not all. I say it is time to change up the menu. It has been the same menu since it began which is what...over a year already??

How would you know that it is just repeaters that sign up? There may be some, but surely not all. I say it is time to change up the menu. It has been the same menu since it began which is what...over a year already??

I don't know that the time matters. Only repeaters will want the menu changed...those who haven't experienced the chef's table won't have any need for a new menu.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I feel that every chef has their own personal strong points; they should be the ones to choose what they feel presents the best of themselves. Some can work magic from nothing, with what they have on hand I am sure they can create something will beyond the current fair.

I don't know that the time matters. Only repeaters will want the menu changed...those who haven't experienced the chef's table won't have any need for a new menu.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think the Chef's Table event was intended for the same twelve people to experience it every sailing. It was likely designed for different people to try it each sailing. Personally I don't eat meat, so I won't be trying it anytime soon, but I'm sure they'd like to see a broader base of people get to experience it, rather than just the few who've figured out how to work the system.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't think the Chef's Table event was intended for the same twelve people to experience it every sailing. It was likely designed for different people to try it each sailing. Personally I don't eat meat, so I won't be trying it anytime soon, but I'm sure they'd like to see a broader base of people get to experience it, rather than just the few who've figured out how to work the system.

Huh, work the system? :confused:

We've signed up as soon as we get on board, by going to the restaurant reservation area, mid ship, by reception, and signing up. Easy Peezy:D

We don't have a concierge do it, we do it ourselves.

We cruise in balcony cabins, not suites.

I don't think that is working the system!!!

We plan on repeating whether they change the menu or not. We go for the food, the ambiance, the tour and the experience. Matters not to us whether the menu changes or not. It would be a bonus I guess to try something new, but they have not come close to letting everyone experience it that want to.

One of the things that NCL certainly got right!! Best $89 we've spent.

We plan on repeating whether they change the menu or not. We go for the food, the ambiance, the tour and the experience. Matters not to us whether the menu changes or not. It would be a bonus I guess to try something new, but they have not come close to letting everyone experience it that want to.

One of the things that NCL certainly got right!! Best $89 we've spent.

You have convinced me --the Chef's Table is definitely on our "to do" list.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We were fortunate enough to do the Chef's Table on the Dawn in Nov 2009. It was wonderful... And at the time $75. It has now gotten very popular and we have been unsuccessful in our attempt to do the Chef's Table again. Last September our friends were in a Suite and boarded before we did. They tried to make reservations immediately upon embarking...and the Chef's Table was full already!

We were fortunate enough to do the Chef's Table on the Dawn in Nov 2009. It was wonderful... And at the time $75. It has now gotten very popular and we have been unsuccessful in our attempt to do the Chef's Table again. Last September our friends were in a Suite and boarded before we did. They tried to make reservations immediately upon embarking...and the Chef's Table was full already!

Bummer...we were really hoping to do this on our October Jewel cruise! We are still going to try our hardest:) Anyone that has done it on a 7 night, do you know what night it is?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

We got on the Jewel around 1.00pm and went to lunch in Cagneys - while we were there a hostess came round and asked if we wanted to do the Chefs table- we didnt even know there was one. So we signed up

Ive eaten at a number of good restaurants and enjoy tasting menus - the food was good and the wines generally went well with the food - however the portions are simply too big. At a tasting menu you should be thinking after 3 courses - "will I have enough food" and then at the end be thinking "phew - that was more than enough". Each course was a regular sized dish - so a full bowl of soup, a full portion of fish, a large veal chop!! These should all have been half the size - dessert and cheese were too much and most people could not finish.

Edited by Markj

wow, sorry you couldn't get the Chef's Table again. I agree, it is wonderful!

I think it depends on the cruise, as Markj said they came around asking people if they wanted to sign up for it!!!

I read some where, if it's very popular, they will have two. I guess it depends on the Chef and the ship? On our crossing, there were two, that was 10 days.

We very much enjoyed the company at the Chefs Table. The food was good but the people that we shared dinner with were even better!

Ha Ha Ha - as for us, we gave a couple terrible hangover the next day!

When we went to Chef's table on Epic we thought it was something unique that the chef was doing ... until I saw the photos taken by another pax on different ship. It's just a standard Chef's Table menu fleet wide!!

Been there done that, so wouldn't do it again.

Would have been better if the Chef's table menu was unique and made by the chef for the particular ship, not by NCL fleet wide.

Ha Ha Ha - as for us, we gave a couple terrible hangover the next day!

When we went to Chef's table on Epic we thought it was something unique that the chef was doing ... until I saw the photos taken by another pax on different ship. It's just a standard Chef's Table menu fleet wide!!

Been there done that, so wouldn't do it again.

Would have been better if the Chef's table menu was unique and made by the chef for the particular ship, not by NCL fleet wide.

We really enjoyed the drinks, dishes and the company during the Chef's table earlier this year. However, I agree with everyone that the menu should be changed or at least allow the chef to change so items on the menu.

EnsignPulver and Bluesea777 - Great to see you guys here. Hope all is going well.

• 3 weeks later...