united ailine transatlantic flight

nookhd+

i have looked on every site i can think of and even called United airlines but no one can tell me if there is a breakfast option for purchase since they only offer complimentary dinner and nothing for breakfast. Can someone who has flown economy United overnight to Europe tell me what one does for breakfast?:rolleyes:

AVAILABLE ON MOST MORNING FLIGHTS DEPARTING BETWEEN 5:45 A.M. AND 9:45 A.M.

HAM & SWISS BAGUETTE $8.99

Pretzel baguette with ham, hard-cooked egg and Swiss cheese with light mayonnaise on the side

MORNING ENERGY SELECTION $6.99 (V)

Hard-cooked egg, cheese, grapes, wheat roll and almond butter

SWEET CHEESE PASTRY $4.99 (V)

Sweet cheese-filled pretzel pastry

May be served warm on select aircraft

AVAILABLE ON MOST AFTERNOON AND EVENING FLIGHTS DEPARTING BETWEEN 9:45 A.M. AND 8 P.M.

CHICKEN WRAP $8.59

Chicken breast and vegetables wrapped in a tortilla with Thai aioli sauce

HAM AND SWISS CHEESE SANDWICH $7.99

Ham and Swiss cheese on a pretzel roll served with mayonnaise and mustard

Both services can vary by route and aircraft type.

Rest assured, you won't go hungry.

AVAILABLE ON MOST MORNING FLIGHTS DEPARTING BETWEEN 5:45 A.M. AND 9:45 A.M.

HAM & SWISS BAGUETTE $8.99

Pretzel baguette with ham, hard-cooked egg and Swiss cheese with light mayonnaise on the side

MORNING ENERGY SELECTION $6.99 (V)

Hard-cooked egg, cheese, grapes, wheat roll and almond butter

SWEET CHEESE PASTRY $4.99 (V)

Sweet cheese-filled pretzel pastry

May be served warm on select aircraft

I think this is only for domestic flights. The OP was asking about an overnight transatlantic flight.

I am also booked on United for a transatlantic flight later this month, and my understanding is that a sort of continental breakfast is served in economy prior to landing. But that is for west coast flights. I'm not sure if East coast departures have this as well because they are only about 8 hours long.

OP, I would suggest consulting the FlyerTalk website United forum. Posters there will know for certain. Just google it.

i have looked on every site i can think of and even called United airlines but no one can tell me if there is a breakfast option for purchase since they only offer complimentary dinner and nothing for breakfast. Can someone who has flown economy United overnight to Europe tell me what one does for breakfast?:rolleyes:

I do believe we have always gotten a boxed breakfast on those TA flights from LAX, but not a full tray breakfast. More a snack - heavy and filling, and not so great but it is food. I have seen flight tickets that look like they will be serving less food than they actually do - plus some of the overseas flights have had snacks available at all times in the galley too - we usually fly United.

If in doubt, take a look at the various meal substitute bars -some are really good or peanut M&M's which is always my own jet lag hunger back up snack (if you have no nut allergies).

Hi. We fly United frequently and have always been served a light breakfast when flying overseas. We returned two weeks ago from a r/t flight Houston to London and we were served a croissant with jam & butter, a small serving of fresh fruit pieces and coffee, tea and/or juice prior to landing in London. This is in addition to your evening meal served pretty soon after departure. Just an FYI, on your return flight you will have an early meal and usually a snack sandwich, chips, something along those lines prior to landing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. I'd be VERY surprised it they don't serve a continental breakfast. I usually fly BA and they serve breakfast before landing on every flight that arrives in the morning. I don't think United will be any different. If you're at all worried, why not put a couple of cereal type bars in your hand baggage just in case.:)

The breakfast is pretty bad and they wake you up WAY too early to eat it. Even the business/first is pretty nasty. Realize that breakfast has been sitting in a hot box for hours since it was loaded along with you at your departure airport. Stash a granola bar in your carry on and get a decent breakfast when you arrive. Most TATL flights arrive early in the morning and unless you pre-booked a room for the night before you could be "roomless" for hours till the stated check in time. Plan on having a lovely breakfast/brunch at a sidewalk cafe in the city.

I agree. I'd be VERY surprised it they don't serve a continental breakfast
I agree too. While we've never flown United to Europe, we have gotten a continental breakfast on their Star Alliance partners Lufthansa, SAS, Air Canada, and Continental. I don't think United would be any different.

From the West Coast to Europe you get always 2 meals. Ok, let me re-phrase that. It used to be 2 meals. Now it is 1 meal (dinner once you take off) and a morning snack. This might differ from East Coast departures. I flew British Airways just a couple months ago and their morning snack was quite horrid. :eek: Yuck. Some sort of sugary muffin that tasted awful and a cup of tea/coffee.

I always, always, always pack my own food for all flights (no matter where and how long). This includes sandwiches, granola bars, cookies, crisps, fruits, veggies, etc. -- The 2 reasons for that: I was once stuck on the tarmac for 7 hours on a 12 hour flight and they ran out of everything before we even took off, because they kept giving it all to Business/First class. :mad: Second, you never know when they might not load enough supplies by accident and/or you might not want the selections that are available.

I would suggest the same to you if a morning bite is important. Just remember that any fresh foods and fruits must be discarded before landing and exiting the plane. Anything else (manufacturer packaged) you can take into any country.

DH and I flew UA to Europe in mid April and there was, indeed, a continental breakfast served about 2 hours prior to landing. I think it was some kind of roll, a wedge of cheese, yogurt, tea, coffee - oh and orange juice. I have never been on a TA or TP flight which didn't include a breakfast of some kind - and there was NO charge - none. (and yes, we flew cattle coach)

Here is a great trip report on a United flight with photos of the meals.

It is also to Europe to give you an idea of what it could be.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1492047-united-we-go-europe-part-1-ewr-lhr-ua-y-pics.html

Thank you for the link. We fly United from Dulles to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks, and had the same question. Your link answered it.

(But, I have to admit, I read this thread at work when I was supposed to be working, and emailed the photos of the dinner and breakfast to DW in an off moment. This evening, we talked about it and wondered if the NSA had intercepted my email. We imagined the conversation: "Hey, Frank, look at this. These people are so lame, they are emailing photos of airline food!):D

Dave

Thank you for the link. We fly United from Dulles to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks, and had the same question. Your link answered it.

(But, I have to admit, I read this thread at work when I was supposed to be working, and emailed the photos of the dinner and breakfast to DW in an off moment. This evening, we talked about it and wondered if the NSA had intercepted my email. We imagined the conversation: "Hey, Frank, look at this. These people are so lame, they are emailing photos of airline food!):D

Dave

There is an entire website devoted to airline meals

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

Yes, BA now do just a lousy muffin for breakfast (I hate muffins - nasty, stodgy things). Other airlines I've flown recently had wraps filled with goodness knows what, which are not very nice either.

I know people moaned about the omelettes, mushrooms, sausages, etc but I always enjoyed the cooked breakfast airlines served.

Why don't they just serve a real sandwich if an omelette is beyond them?

Archived