White Bay Terminal, Sydney

lidojohnny

I agree with you The Big M, it should be a given. However, life's lessons have taught me never to expect or assume anything.;)

Good point and I agree. I'd just look at alternatives as back-up plans though, in case there isn't a ship shuttle.

Just had a mini heart attack reading about this terminal. I thought there was only the one near the Opera House! Thankfully the cruise I'm going on goes from that one, would have been horrible taking my son to sydney for the first time and missing the excitement of the harbor bridge and "sydney" as per postcards!

Kylie

Just had a mini heart attack reading about this terminal. I thought there was only the one near the Opera House! Thankfully the cruise I'm going on goes from that one, would have been horrible taking my son to sydney for the first time and missing the excitement of the harbor bridge and "sydney" as per postcards!

Kylie

With the White bay terminal you actually sail under the Harbour Bridge, which is a little more interesting - and closer - than you will from OPT. So it's probably better in respect of that.

After that you would then go through the same part of the Harbour, so you wouldn't be disadvantaged in that respect. It's only the difficulty getting to the terminal in particular.

With the White bay terminal you actually sail under the Harbour Bridge, which is a little more interesting - and closer - than you will from OPT. So it's probably better in respect of that.

I always look forward to sailing under the bridge. All the bridge climb walkers and pedestrians wave. And when directly under the bridge, the ship blasts its horn, which is quite a hoot.:D It is quite moving.

I always look forward to sailing under the bridge. All the bridge climb walkers and pedestrians wave. And when directly under the bridge, the ship blasts its horn, which is quite a hoot.:D It is quite moving.

The use of your puns is extraordinary, well done. But I do agree, if only you could do both, dock at the OPT and sail under the bridge. :D

....if only you could do both, dock at the OPT and sail under the bridge. :D

I think I would forgo the excitement of sailing under the bridge in order to have the location of the OPT. I live in Sydney, but if I was on cruise from elsewhere, I think I would be somewhat disappointed to be docked at some backwater location rather than right there in Circular Quay. I guess I will try and stick with tall ships :)

I think I would forgo the excitement of sailing under the bridge in order to have the location of the OPT. I live in Sydney, but if I was on cruise from elsewhere, I think I would be somewhat disappointed to be docked at some backwater location rather than right there in Circular Quay. I guess I will try and stick with tall ships :)

I agree, location, location, location. The OPT wins.:D

I think I would be somewhat disappointed to be docked at some backwater location rather than right there in Circular Quay. I guess I will try and stick with tall ships :)

Tall ships? Then you want Pyrmont wharf instead. :p

The use of your puns is extraordinary, well done. But I do agree, if only you could do both, dock at the OPT and sail under the bridge. :D

Well you do get your bum almost under the bridge when reversing out of the OPT - especially the Queens. Great view from the aft decks.

Archived