Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Thanks all!

Only at Seaside for three nights. I know it's sad but I was concerned that the security was off ...... and very sadly I wanted to reset the Slingboxes for our Singapore trip. We're seriously thinking of making the next winter Singapore stay an even longer trip as the whole deal gives us the chance to walk every day in the warm and the deal we get at the IC is so good. It's like having an appartment but everything we need is included. The temptation .... Only problem is I miss my kitchen.

Not too hot on German wines. In summary I like new non-wooded light refreshing whites ie sauvignon or pinot grigio and like Austrian Gruner Veltiner. I like reasonably oaked reds. Hate syrah. Hate chardonnay. So very few German wines, but one Austrian white I will always grab whenever I can are small growth eiswiens bought locally if I can so long as they are really ligt and frozen. Trouble is that the Austrians keep all,the best because of the terribly small quantities produced for their families. It is almost religious family ritual. We never get to see the best stuff. I have once been out at night at around 4am ish and watching the grapes being collected and they really do press, them whilst still frozen solid.

Last full day at Seaside and back to Hampshire tomorrow. See if I can get back without another speeding ticket ....:rolleyes:

Hello Coolers -:)

I'm so pleased to be finally back in the land of the living and thank you all for your thoughts whilst I've been absent.....it's been very frustrating and l began to wonder how we ever managed before the days of mobile phones and Internet!

The move went very well and I'm happily settled albeit still loads of boxes to unpack which I've placed on hold until after the festivities of Christmas which I'm so looking forward to with my family.

I'm still trying to catch up here but enjoying all the pics and gossip so far...:)

Sophia :)

JP,

I bet you've been looking at domestic pizza ovens on-line ......;)

Jeff

Not yet, actually... Too much other stuff to do around the house! In the past week I've replaced the kitchen faucet and a few bathroom fixtures, as well as the chore of setting up the wine refrigerator. No room in the kitchen for another oven so will have to make do with the grill for now. Maybe if we move again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Ha, Jeff! That comment took me a few hours as I hadn't read today's newspaper. While I was cursing on the treadmill tonight, watching the evening news, I saw the story about talks exploring the possibility of normalizing trade and travel relations between the US and Cuba. Sounds like we might wait a while...

Nice wintry dinner tonight - roasted butternut squash and ham with mascarpone cheese sauce over whole wheat pasta, flavored with fresh sage. Yummy, and lots of leftovers for the weekend (I'm working all weekend and will be too busy to cook, probably). Of course, it went very well with a Finger Lakes Gewurztraminer from our favorite winery, Hermann J Wiemer. The only problem is that the bottle emptied way too fast! :eek:

Time to finish the Christmas cards...

Good Morning all .... :)

Back to a cold Hampshire home after a terrible A303 trek home. SLOW. Much prefer my overnight driving, but she wanted to get back and get the house as warm as possible. Why does every person passing Stonehenge have to slow down and stare ...... and on the subject of a bypass or tunnel, once had a letter published in The Times that simply said "Wouldn't it be simpler to just move the Stones ....." :eek: It actually got quite a lot of support as the Stones are nowhere near unmessed with.

JP, are you a cigar smoker?

Spin, thought you might like yesterday's pea shot. :D

BC810390-1E71-421A-9DED-EC69629E88E7.jpg

Ha, Jeff! That comment took me a few hours as I hadn't read today's newspaper. While I was cursing on the treadmill tonight, watching the evening news, I saw the story about talks exploring the possibility of normalizing trade and travel relations between the US and Cuba. Sounds like we might wait a while...

BE69AC71-0668-4500-B7BA-CD097C5BFFE2.jpg

Nice cartoon! I smoke about one cigar per decade, so this is no big deal to me. And we prefer wine to rum these days, though some mojitos in the summer are a nice change.

We don't really have much desire to go to the Caribbean these days but maybe some day. I do hope that any positive economic effects of this easing of trade and travel restrictions end up benefitting the ordinary people of Cuba, though, and not just a privileged few.

Nice cartoon! I smoke about one cigar per decade, so this is no big deal to me. And we prefer wine to rum these days, though some mojitos in the summer are a nice change.

We don't really have much desire to go to the Caribbean these days but maybe some day. I do hope that any positive economic effects of this easing of trade and travel restrictions end up benefitting the ordinary people of Cuba, though, and not just a privileged few.

I guess their cars will be bought! :D

This Manfredi geezer ..... he never sticks a stamp on his Christmas cards ....... :(

279DD294-3ADE-42AD-BA80-6ADA010EF78E.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Jeff and everyone - an ad. just came up on CC advertising Silversea Senior Cruises - thought this might be ideal for me and the aged spouse, but when I looked it just seemed to be the usual ad? Can you explain?

Jeff, the Times cartoons have been brilliant lately, haven't they?

So glad to hear you are up and running again, Sophia, and probably pretty organised just in time for Christmas. We are off to Yorkshire for 3 nights; the kids have even more aged ps than us to look after, so actually for the first time doing a pub/hotel type Christmas (but not the turkey and tinsel type place thank goodness). Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful dinner photos which will no doubt arrive here.

I will probably be back before, but if not, I hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Christmas/holiday week, and only wish the rest of the world was as lucky as us.

LL

and the question I pose to you Jeff, as a computer guru, if we post to CC, are we at risk of being hacked?

Hi Spin,

The short answer is really "no", so long as you observe the normal degree of care of not agreeing to popups and downloads and using a reasonable internet protection programme such as Norton when using the PC.

If you use a PC for email then obviously you should take much more care. I spend a fair amount of time protecting from email because I haven't sold my old business related domains and ... well .... let's just say they present a real challenge.

If you outline in more detail what's tripped the concern I'll try and help if I can.

Jeff

Jeff and everyone - an ad. just came up on CC advertising Silversea Senior Cruises - thought this might be ideal for me and the aged spouse, but when I looked it just seemed to be the usual ad? Can you explain?

Jeff, the Times cartoons have been brilliant lately, haven't they?

I will probably be back before, but if not, I hope everyone has a happy and peaceful Christmas/holiday week, and only wish the rest of the world was as lucky as us.

LL

LL,

The are is a simple art. Make people believe they are getting a special deal (when they are not) and a percentage will not check and book and think smugly how clever they have been.

Not a wise bird like you though!

Jeff

oMG I met him at the Beverly Hills hotel when I was a kid. We were staying in one of the bungalows. He was at the pool. I thought I had gone to heaven.

Spinikins...... you didn't go back to his bungalow to blow-dry his hair did you you naughty girl ;) ...... ?:eek:

I was so pleased you got the link! Perhaps we should have an online trivia of obscurities to test the humour buds and divert us from boredom! :D

Jeff