Carnival Meet & Greet Drink Packages

aldaffodil

Hi! We are organizing a meet & greet for our group. We have narrowed it down to two options... The pre-pour where we choose three drinks (like rum punch, assorted beer, and house wine) and the open bar.

Do any of you have experience with the meeting drink packages? While we would prefer a straight up open bar, we are worried the service will be too slow.

We would love to hear about your experiences. Thanks!

Hi! We are organizing a meet & greet for our group. We have narrowed it down to two options... The pre-pour where we choose three drinks (like rum punch, assorted beer, and house wine) and the open bar.

Do any of you have experience with the meeting drink packages? While we would prefer a straight up open bar, we are worried the service will be too slow.

We would love to hear about your experiences. Thanks!

Did it once ...chose the open bar and I tipped the bartender at the beginning and he mixed faster than we could drink.

I've done two different meet and greets. Both had open bars. The first one had about 100 people, the second about 60. Both times the service was awesome. They had enough bartenders and servers. At no time was anyone waiting for a drink. Carnival did an outstanding job. Everyone pitched in and we gave good tips at the end of the party. I think the open bar is the way to go, that way you can try different drinks. The bartenders had many popular drinks mixed and ready to go, which is what the servers carried around. If you wanted something special, then you had to ask the bartender, and maybe wait a couple of seconds. Most people were happy with what the servers had (tequilla sunrise, sex on the beach, pina coladas, margueritas, rum punch, and some others).

Hope you have a great party!

I just called the event planning department a few days ago to get an updated price list. The representative I spoke with said that they need the final count 2 weeks in advance for staffing. She said that they have 1 bar person available for every 10 people at the party. Whether this is accurate or not, I don't know but I've been to one M&G that had a cash bar and we had plenty of bar staff on hand for that one.

We had a very nice 90 min. M & G last year on one of our cruises. The cost for open bar was something like $16.50 ea. I ordered several Mocha Chocolate Getaways, but they came in much smaller glasses then the ones I ordered in the theatre. Therefore, I had twice as many!

We had a very nice 90 min. M & G last year on one of our cruises. The cost for open bar was something like $16.50 ea. I ordered several Mocha Chocolate Getaways, but they came in much smaller glasses then the ones I ordered in the theatre. Therefore, I had twice as many!

What's in a mocha chocolate getaway?

Had an open bar M&G on the Legend last year. Very well attended and no shortage of service & drinks.

I need to correct my comment. It wasn't a prepaid "open bar", it was a buy your own Meet & Greet. Informal, self paid - but at least 50 people attended.

I forgot open bar means paid in advance and all you can drink....

We have arranged to have one on the Carnival Sunshine for our cruise. We are having a 2 hour open bar....we will be having our party in the Piano Bar 88

Do you agree on a price and pay upfront? I am interested in possibly starting one on my sailing

Do you agree on a price and pay upfront? I am interested in possibly starting one on my sailing

The prices are set forth by carnival. For a 2 hour open bar party which is what we are doing.....it is $20.00 per person for alcohol package and $10.00 per person for non-alcohol.

One person then collects the money. In our roll call one lady is collecting the money through PayPal payments and I am keeping everything organized as to who has ordered what package

On the Breeze this last April we held a 50/50 raffle and 50% went to the servers and the other 50% went to the winner. Worked out great I think we had over $500 in the pot never waited for a drink. The party was a 2 hour open bar for $20 each best deal we got on the ship:)

One person collects all of the money and makes the arrangements through Carnival. Then that person gets charged for the full amount on their S&S account. They then can just go to Guest Services and put the collected cash down on their account.

We had a 1-hour open bar on my 7-night Fantasy last October. Plenty of drinks and they were quick. No problem ordering whatever you wanted. The cost was something odd, like $11.49 per person.

We're having a 2-hour party on my upcoming Conquest cruise in November for $20/pp.

Archived