Why Would a Cruise Appear "N/A" on the Website?

We are booked on the Liberty next summer for a Western Med. cruise. We are hooking it together with a land vacation and I am getting ready to make a deposit on a house/apartment rental ... when I went to double-double check the itinerary dates on the RCI website I noticed that, although the cruise is still listed, it is shown as "N/A." The embarkations at Barcelona and Rome for the same sailing are normal though- it is just the dates (all of them for June) out of Marseilles that have the "N/A."

Any idea what that means?

I am hesitant to put a deposit on the rental until I know what this is about ...but some of those rentals are already filling up!

When I check my reservation directly on RCI everything looks fine.

I will obviously check with my TA on Monday .... but I thought someone here may have some insight. I really don't want to have to embark in Spain or Italy as it would really mess up the land vacation .... I'd have to completely change it. Grrrr.

N/A usually means that the cruise is sold out.

That said sometime it says N/A but there are, if you go to make a mock booking still a few rooms available.

The other thing is that RCI are doing website maintenance this weekend so it may just be that.

When our 2014 med cruise on Serenade said N/A it was because our ship was redeployed from 10 night Venice to Barcelona to an 8 night Rome to Barcelona.

I already had deposits on apartments too. I'd make a call to RCI before I made my deposits.

Of course for 3 days they told me nothing was going on before they finally said it was redeployed.

Good luck!

As it is the sailings from Marseilles that are showing as N/A (sold out on another site) then this makes me wonder if RCCL are planning to cancel Marseilles as an Embarkation port. :confused:

Or maybe they are only taking a small amount of bookings from Marseilles.:confused:

RCI is telling me that all Marseilles embarkations for next June are sold out so it is no longer listed on the website at all. Marseilles is only listed as an "inter-port" in their system now. My reservation is good.

I am still going to wait and check with my TA on Monday before doing anything. Just in case. Europe is expensive and if there is any (foreseeable) chance I need to change gears I want to know sooner than later!

From another CC post

Citing a price war it cannot win, a new report points to Royal Caribbean opting to end cruises that start and end in Marseilles, France in the coming years and instead, let its Western Mediterranean cruises sail from Barcelona.

Mer & Marine is reporting that Royal Caribbean will end cruises that leave from France next year, after attempting to restart cruises from France in 2011.

Royal Caribbean had opened an office in Paris back in 2011 but then laid off half the office in October 2012. Indications are that cruises leaving from Spain were performing better than cruises departing France.

Liberty of the Seas will finish out the scheduled cruises she has remaining in Marseilles.

Thank you, ssb!

This is why I am suspicious of what I was told this AM by the phone rep. He had to put me on hold to get the answer. Do you have a link to where the above was originally posted?

Yes but it would be blocked.

It is from reliable source.

Thanks anyway. I read the full article ... but the translation from the French was so goofy that some things were really unclear.

Oh well ... I have 10 months to figure it out. I'll be on the phone with my TA on Monday. Worst case - A two week land vacation in the Med isn't exactly the worst thing that could happen :p

Hi we are booked on liberty In July from marseille, I to read the blog stating RCCI were no longer sailing from marseille, when I rang C & A they said the cruise was code red and on an inventory review, when I rang again they told me the cruise was fully booked and good to go

Not sure what to believe

Hi we are booked on liberty In July from marseille, I to read the blog stating RCCI were no longer sailing from marseille, when I rang C & A they said the cruise was code red and on an inventory review, when I rang again they told me the cruise was fully booked and good to go

Not sure what to believe

I called again as well and was told that the cruise is sold out and I am good to go. I don't know what to think either. At this point I feel like it could be cancelled without warning :(

How long ago did you make your calls?

Last Friday and yesterday and spent quite some time on hold on both occasions , I to after reading forums feel the port may be cancelled, hopefully as we have cabins booked we may be offered the Barcelona sailing as an alternative ? I have checked and our cabin is not being sold on the other sailings.

Last Friday and yesterday and spent quite some time on hold on both occasions , I to after reading forums feel the port may be cancelled, hopefully as we have cabins booked we may be offered the Barcelona sailing as an alternative ? I have checked and our cabin is not being sold on the other sailings.

That would be better than nothing ... I bet hoping for something out of Rome instead would be asking too much.

I've been having issues with the RCI site today. I am also booked for a med cruise next summer (roundtrip from Barcelona) and my reservation is no longer showing up under my account. My TA says the booking is still confirmed but I have no idea what's going on :confused:

When that happened on our Brilliance cruise for last May, we kept calling and kept getting the stock answers:

- it could be sold out or they could be doing inventory or they could be making changes or the ship may have been chartered.

Then one day our reservation disappeared from our account.

It was totally gone for a few days.

When it reappeared again, the itinerary had been slightly changed, but to our great relief, we still had our cruise.

So in your case it may really just be that they are doing routine maintenance, or it may not.

I would suggest that you keep checking the cruise on the website, keep calling them, and keep checking your own account and the roll call for your cruise until you find out the true story.

Wishing you all the best and hoping that your cruise turns out as well as ours did.

When our 2014 med cruise on Serenade said N/A it was because our ship was redeployed from 10 night Venice to Barcelona to an 8 night Rome to Barcelona.

I already had deposits on apartments too. I'd make a call to RCI before I made my deposits.

Of course for 3 days they told me nothing was going on before they finally said it was redeployed.

Good luck!

Our Serenade Med B2B for Sept. 2014 was N/A for some time and still shows it on the web site as N/A for the original dates---and now other new dates are there-

with their NEW departure dates and NEW departure Port as well and the length of the cruise was changed too, they are longer!:eek:

We were able to keep our same price we had booked our B2B cruises with and got some OBC.

So, keep an eye on it if it is N/A. Good luck and hope it is just a simple reason. This is the second time it has happened for us, it meant it was canceled both times.

I called RCL but it was inventory or some reason but they did not know it was canceled even after I had a RCL phone call this time.

I wouldn't book another thing till the NA changes- no matter what they tell you, the chances of the cruise being completely sold out a year in advance is very low! Everytime I've had a whole cruise go NA it's about to be cancelled, chartered or changed in some way, and no one had the story straight till it was a fait accompli (like the French there;)) Wait till they get in touch with you (telling your " options" for rebooking or refunds) or you see a change on the website (of ports itineraries, whatever) Don't trust what anyone "says" on the phone, trust only written information in an email, memo, or on the website from the cruise line.

If you make other plans while its NA I can almost guarantee something will change leaving you with a big mess you have to sort out later!:(

N/A means No Availability. Everything is zeroed out but this does not mean its sold out as people can cancel and you can be put on a waitlist so that if your category opens up your Travel agent can book you. With your credit card you will have it set to auto pay so everything gets paid all at once.

N/A will show up if the selected cabin grade is sold out. For example on my upcoming Radiance cruise if I do a quick search, it will look for interior cabins and it is showing N/A but if I search for Balcony or Suite it shows a price and availability. I remembered that interior is the default cabin type (probably as it is the cheapest) when you do a search and ask to display the matching cruises. It is possible that some cabin categories are sold out even though it is so far in advance.

Archived