Why Would a Cruise Appear "N/A" on the Website?

We are booked for the same cruise (6/12/2014) with embarkation in Civitavecchia (Rome). We chose Rome intentionally instead of Barcelona. The price for leaving from Rome is higher, and has continued to climb. We had the same thing happen in 2011 with a cruise leaving from Rome. It showed n/a. When I called the TA, he had to call the cruise line to confirm, and it eventually showed back up. I think they are indeed trying to consolidate the number of boarding ports on the Med cruises in June. I haven't tried flights yet because I'm hoping to see the price go down. I know I would be feeling the same anxiety. Although we would still be able to go, it would be quite different since we've already made hotel reservations for pre and post cruise. Hope it clears up soon for you.

Our Serenade cruise for April of 2015 was marked N/A for a month. We were notified last week that the ship was redeployed and our reservations cancelled. During the month the website showed "N/A" our reservations looked exactly the same in "My Cruises". They offered us a $200 OBC to book another RCI cruise by August 15, which was very generous since we are so far out. We have rebooked the Oasis.

We book cruises way in advance many times to take advantage of cabin selection and lower prices. However, this is the third time we have had N/A on our cruise and the third time we have had ships "redeployed" by the cruise line. This is the first time we were offered compensation. I would be prepared to make other plans as the cruiseline is obviously considering some sort of change.

Just got off with the TA ... Royal has officially cancelled all embarkation for Marseilles for next year. They are giving a $200 OBC to rebook from Barcelona. We will be booked in our same cabin and the price difference is negligible.

She is checking to see if we can embark from Rome instead with the same offer and get our cabin (or the same category at least). If not we will embark from Spain and I get to completely plan and research something new! And Barcelona is a cheaper & easier flight from the US for me. Hey - I do speak a smattering of Spanish at any rate too :p

So - glad to have an answer. I'm disappointed to be losing my Provencal holiday, but I have a feeling in two weeks I'm going to be equally excited about something new and be ready to go.

Thanks for all the advice/guesses .... you were right! Glad I listened to you.

I am on hold to RCC as i type who are insisting our sailing is still fine and going from Marseille !

Sorry, but the people on the phones at RCI are trained to tell you only what is showing on the website. I have gotten more help from the Resolutions Department in the past.

I am on hold to RCC as i type who are insisting our sailing is still fine and going from Marseille !

I hope so for all of y'all

For we have always loved our times in Marseille.

Barcelona or Venice is certainly a second best

in that region.

Or come join us on navigator 11/3 rome repo and 11/10/13 Barcelona TA.

I would to be going to Marseille again though!

No luck after insisting on written confirmation that the cruise was ok they eventually after 45 mins on hold told me that yes it was cancelled. But I could go out of Barcelona for an extra 3k, but hey they would compensate me 400 dollars obc can't believe I booked this cruise in good faith and they want to inconvenience me by moving my cruise forward 1 day a charge me 3 thousand pounds to do so !! The company issued statement said no bookings were affected !

No luck after insisting on written confirmation that the cruise was ok they eventually after 45 mins on hold told me that yes it was cancelled. But I could go out of Barcelona for an extra 3k, but hey they would compensate me 400 dollars obc can't believe I booked this cruise in good faith and they want to inconvenience me by moving my cruise forward 1 day a charge me 3 thousand pounds to do so !! The company issued statement said no bookings were affected !

Call back and ask to speak with the Resolutions Department. We were on a cruise that was cancelled and the embarkation changed from Venice to Rome for $800pp more. The first rep told me that our price would not be protected, but I called back, got another rep and she told me that it would. Plus we got $400 OBC, which is extraordinarily generous, considering that the cruise is over a year away so no air could have been booked.

Good luck!

3k more!!!!!! Why so much more? Maybe when I booked it was already more expensive anyway? Or does it have something to do with you being in the UK and I am in the US? Wow!

I hope you can figure something out :( I am waiting to hear from my TA whether its Rome or Barcelona for us.

Thank you I booked early but if I pay the 3 k it is over double what I original payed 3500 pounds the price has gone up since but not prepared to pay that to go on the same cruise that I payed a deposit for in good faith, so I am now busy looking at other options , I am glad you are sorted now though

Thank you I booked early but if I pay the 3 k it is over double what I original payed 3500 pounds the price has gone up since but not prepared to pay that to go on the same cruise that I payed a deposit for in good faith, so I am now busy looking at other options , I am glad you are sorted now though

You must pay more from the UK. 3500 pounds is $2k more than we paid! However - you save big on flights compared to coming from the US so I suppose it all equals out.

I hope you find something wonderful:)

• 3 weeks later...
Call back and ask to speak with the Resolutions Department. We were on a cruise that was cancelled and the embarkation changed from Venice to Rome for $800pp more. The first rep told me that our price would not be protected, but I called back, got another rep and she told me that it would. Plus we got $400 OBC, which is extraordinarily generous, considering that the cruise is over a year away so no air could have been booked.

Good luck!

Hi you were right I have finally recieved a leter and spoken to a very nice lady in resolutions who has transferred us to Barcelona with obc at no extra cost. RCCI came good hoorah can't wait now thanks for your advice.

Hi you were right I have finally recieved a leter and spoken to a very nice lady in resolutions who has transferred us to Barcelona with obc at no extra cost. RCCI came good hoorah can't wait now thanks for your advice.

I'm so happy it all worked out! I was wondering about you :)

After all was said and done we ended up with an upgraded cabin and OBC all for the original price we had paid out of Marseilles. I'm now having fun trying to plan our post-cruise week in Spain. I bet you are are too :D

Archived