Transfer reservation? Need expert help, please!

I'm so thankful for your posts!

I've talked with ANOTHER agent now, and he is offering to give me $400 off the cruise price right now (will lower my final payment) and $100 OBC. He says this is "cash in my pocket right now" rather than waiting for the OBC that may or may not be there when we sail. :eek:

What to do? What to do?

We liked the idea of starting our cruise with a nice OBC, but this new agent said that some people have complained that their promised credit never made it to their sailing! When they called to complain, the agent said they are sorry for the mistake, and promised they could use it on their NEXT CRUISE!

Seems like a "cut throat" business.......

Both places have an A+ BBB rating and seem to be reputable. Can anyone give their opinion of the best choice here???:confused::confused::confused:

• 2 months later...

RCCL quoted me a lower price on a specifically requested room than online TA did for exact room, so I booked directly with RCCL. Online TA has some OBC I'd like to take advantage of so considering transferring booking. I'm confused if online TA will give me the price RCCL gave me which is better than the OBC but would love to take advantage of both. Does anyone know if they have to honor the booking price from RCCL? I have paid the deposit thru RCCL and it's been less than 60 days and not time for final payment yet.

Will need to make our decision today.

CASH BACK NOW or ON BOARD CREDIT???

Which would you do?:confused:

Now that this thread has been bumped up.

With all the drama.... I am curious as to what you decided to do? :)

RCCL quoted me a lower price on a specifically requested room than online TA did for exact room, so I booked directly with RCCL. Online TA has some OBC I'd like to take advantage of so considering transferring booking. I'm confused if online TA will give me the price RCCL gave me which is better than the OBC but would love to take advantage of both. Does anyone know if they have to honor the booking price from RCCL? I have paid the deposit thru RCCL and it's been less than 60 days and not time for final payment yet.

You'll have to ask the Travel Agent if they will give you the same price + the onboard credit. They don't have to. Ask the TA why you were quoted a lower price from the cruise line.

Edited by Coralc

You'll have to ask the Travel Agent if they will give you the same price + the onboard credit. They don't have to. Ask the TA why you were quoted a lower price from the cruise line.

My guess is that the TA padded the price and then promised the difference back in OBC.

Fraudulent and sneaky. Stay away from that TA!!!

The TA can't change the price that you've already booked higher. You're simply transferring an existing booking to them. The OBC will be based on the price you are paying. They'll tell you what it is upfront. You need to call them

I got in on the Freedom of the Seas Promenade rooms for $369 pp next October. I booked directly as it was over the weekend, and also applied a $75 savings cerificate.

I then transferred the booking to my TA who was amazed at that deal (it never showed at that price on agency's website):D AND got $50 OBC by being placed in a group booking.

She is a local TA who I have used for years though.