Another question...

AmbeeBee

Okay, so I'm not sure if this would be a problem or not, but I'm kind of, well, edgy when it comes to my style and currently I have blue hair (not all over, just in a chunk in the underlayer.) I was wondering if this would be frowned upon on RCCL or NCL? I honestly wasn't sure, as I know dress codes are enforced for dinner in MDR's.

Okay, so I'm not sure if this would be a problem or not, but I'm kind of, well, edgy when it comes to my style and currently I have blue hair (not all over, just in a chunk in the underlayer.) I was wondering if this would be frowned upon on RCCL or NCL? I honestly wasn't sure, as I know dress codes are enforced for dinner in MDR's.

You will be perfectly fine on both of those lines. I have done purple chunks in my red hair in the past and would not have thought twice about going on a cruise with them. Next week I am going blonde with a bright orange chunk under the blonde in the front, and then going on HAL 10 days later.

Lisa

Thank you for your responses! I feel a bit better now. When I went on DCL, my hair was simply brown as I was letting my hair have a break from the dye, so I had never thought of having the bright colors on a cruise. lol Alright, well, blue I shall be :D

This is no dress code for hair. You can come bald or blue if you feel like it! :) Some people will look at your hair because they like it, and some judgemental people might look at you disapprovingly because it somehow makes them feel better to look down on others. That's their problem and not a reflection of you.

On a RC cruise I sat across from a woman in her 30s and her lovely mother at dinner. I heard the daughter say to her mother "Ewwwwwwww, I'm so grossed out...that woman at the next table is putting on her lip gloss at the table...ewwww groooosss!" Really, people get offended by the most ridiculous things and it is their issue.

You will be perfectly fine on both of those lines. I have done purple chunks in my red hair in the past and would not have thought twice about going on a cruise with them. Next week I am going blonde with a bright orange chunk under the blonde in the front, and then going on HAL 10 days later.

Lisa

Lisa, can you reconsider and do blue? That way you'll match that lovely HAL hull! Have a wonderful time!

On a RC cruise I sat across from a woman in her 30s and her lovely mother at dinner. I heard the daughter say to her mother "Ewwwwwwww, I'm so grossed out...that woman at the next table is putting on her lip gloss at the table...ewwww groooosss!" Really, people get offended by the most ridiculous things and it is their issue.

This was seen as bad manners (and still is to some extent in some places), the same as brushing your hair in public, again heavily frowned upon and I for one can't stand to see that, lipstick I don't care about as it has generally become more acceptable to put on lipstick or powder your nose, but not to put a full face on, in public.

This was seen as bad manners (and still is to some extent in some places), the same as brushing your hair in public, again heavily frowned upon and I for one can't stand to see that, lipstick I don't care about as it has generally become more acceptable to put on lipstick or powder your nose, but not to put a full face on, in public.

I probably wouldn't think of taking out a mirror, making a big deal about applying lipstick, doing a whole blot routine at a dining table but I Would take out my small tube of lipstick, quickly apply without use of mirror and slip the tube back in my purse. I'd be done before anyone even realized what I'd done. I've never felt uncomfortable doing that seeing I can quickly apply without needing a mirror.

Archived