How Much Water to take On Board?

Singer4Him

The limit is 12 per person, each bottle/can has a limit of 20 ounces. I just drink the ship's water, but I do carry on my soda. The Conquest does have fridges in the rooms, but they won't keep anything cold. Things that need refrigeration to keep from spoiling would certainly spoil.

Thanks for the info. We, too, will drink the water on board the ship for meals but sometimes we may want something while we're in our stateroom and not want to wait to get it from room service. Since we don't drink sodas, water it is.

Thanks for the info. We, too, will drink the water on board the ship for meals but sometimes we may want something while we're in our stateroom and not want to wait to get it from room service. Since we don't drink sodas, water it is.

The water from your tap in the stateroom is the same as what they serve in the dining room. Since you will have ice in your room, you could just bring your own re-usable bottle/glass and save yourself $$ and bother of lugging water onboard.

Also, you don't have to bring your water onboard just at the beginning of the cruise. You can always pick more up at the ports and bring it onboard. :)

Isn't it amazing

how most of humanity is still suckered by this foolish Bottled Water scam? :D

The water on the ship is as good as --if not better than-- any other water, anywhere else!

I drink it all the time and miracle of miracles - I'm still standing! :eek:

Isn't it amazing

The water on the ship is as good as --if not better than-- any other water, anywhere else!

I think most people realize now that bottled water is no different than most tap waters. But they buy bottled water for the convenience.

Can I bring carbonated water? Like Perier or San Palegrino?

Yes

I think most people realize now that bottled water is no different than most tap waters. But they buy bottled water for the convenience.

Whats more convenient that walking into the bathroom and turning on the tap?

I totally agree although I do still buy bottled water for the convenience factor. I still enjoy drinking tap water though. :)

Isn't it amazing

I totally agree although I do still buy bottled water for the convenience factor. I still enjoy drinking tap water though. :)

For me it is almost a habit. I live in a small town with a "new" water treatment facility and it seems they are always replacing water pipes somewhere. With that said, we are under a "boil order" more than 50% of the time so we drink bottled out of necessity. I find myself doing it out of habit now! I did sail on a Disney ship earlier this year and drank their water and it was quite good.

Guest fyree39
The water from your tap in the stateroom is the same as what they serve in the dining room. Since you will have ice in your room, you could just bring your own re-usable bottle/glass and save yourself $$ and bother of lugging water onboard.

Also, you don't have to bring your water onboard just at the beginning of the cruise. You can always pick more up at the ports and bring it onboard. :)

On our last cruise on the Miracle, the water came out yellow through the bathroom tap. A phone call to guest services provided an answer of running the water until it ran clear. That worked for the day, but the next day it was back to yellow. I did not enjoy taking my morning meds with a glass of yellow water. Next time I bring a bottle (or 12) for taking my pills.

bottled water on the ship is VERY expensive.

I always get a kick out of this statement. Yes, the litre bottles are expensive, but so are the drinks at $10 and no one bats an eye at spending that on alcohol. We just figure it is part of the cost of our cruise as we prefer bottled water. We also have a pretty healthy bar tab!!

Pat

Isn't it amazing

We don't like the taste of chorlinated water, we don't drink tap water at home as we don't want floride in our water. We do drink water in the dining room as well as on the Lido deck-just add a slice of lemon.

On our last cruise on the Miracle, the water came out yellow through the bathroom tap.

A phone call to guest services provided an answer of running the water until it ran clear.

That worked for the day, but the next day it was back to yellow.

I did not enjoy taking my morning meds with a glass of yellow water.

Next time I bring a bottle (or 12) for taking my pills.[/color]

This is not the first time we've heard about discolored

..or even badly-discolored.. water coming from Ship's Supply.

In that case, yes you're justified in providing your own and no-one could blame you.

Maybe I've been lucky on the ten cruises we've done

because we've always found ship's water to be very clear and pure

but I guess it's luck and chance, huh?

We used the ship water UNLESS we were going on shore. I brought on water specifically for when we would be "out and about" and needed a drink. Has nothing to do with marketing for me, and everything to do with thirst when I am on land, in a vehicle, etc and want a drink.

Guest fyree39
This is not the first time we've heard about discolored

..or even badly-discolored.. water coming from Ship's Supply.

In that case, yes you're justified in providing your own and no-one could blame you.

Maybe I've been lucky on the ten cruises we've done

because we've always found ship's water to be very clear and pure

but I guess it's luck and chance, huh?

I just read a review on this board and the water in their balcony room was brown. Lordy, what a disgusting surprise to find coming out of your tap!

I was amazed that in Seattle you could actually carry on the bottle of water you were drinking...

In Galveston, they always make you throw it away...

I do carry on a 12 pack of diet cokes, so I can mix with my Bon Voyage Crown in the cabin... :D

I plan on taking a few flavors of MiO flavored water enhancers with a refillable mug. Easy to transport, and adds good tasting flavor to water. :) Plus this doesn't cut in on the bottles of pop I wanted to bring and gives me the option of having something different to drink without paying the cost of bottled water.

Isn't it amazing

^^^THAT^^^

It's also amazing to think what people will pay for WATER. And we complain about the price of gasoline??? Although I would agree that in some areas, bottled water is a good idea for health reasons. Have been to places in Costa Rica, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and in the Panamanian jungle where gringos are warned to not drink the water due to parasites, etc. But for most cruise destinations, I would recommend getting one of those Brita bottles with the little filters in them before lugging on cases of overpriced bottled water. The only downside to the ships desalinated water is that it sometimes tends to be higher in sodium than most municipal water supplies, which may be an issue for some.

Brita makes a 20oz and a 24oz individual filtered water bottle. You can refill it up to 150 times using the same filter. This might work for some on a cruise,

Wow I didn't realize they made such a thing - thanks for the great tip!!!

Archived