What's the most unusual thing you've brought with you?

tree.critter

I am thinking about bringing one of my djembe drums with me on my next Sensation cruise. I know I can play and practice rhythms without disturbing anyone's peace.... but I imagine I'll turn some heads as I check in since it will be carried on.

I am thinking about bringing one of my djembe drums with me on my next Sensation cruise. I know I can play and practice rhythms without disturbing anyone's peace.... but I imagine I'll turn some heads as I check in since it will be carried on.

The ol'man who is the LOVE of my life.:D

My husband. :D

(don't tell him I said that) :o;)

typed this and just read mommom of 7 post.... :p too funny

LOL... me too, unfortunately this will be a solo for me, pure relaxation, dh is staying home babysitting critters again.... drumming IS very relaxing for me.

Recently picked up a steel drum... not good enough yet to bring that one along, it would be very disturbing... to me!

The strangest thing I've ever brought on a cruise was a miniature model of a roller coaster train from Kumba, the floorless roller coaster at Busch Gardens Tampa. My husband collects those models from Coaster Dynamix, and we had visited the park before boarding the Legend in Tampa. When he saw that Kumba model, he just HAD to buy it, so I got to hand carry it (it was too fragile to pack) on and off the ship. :-)

http://store.tyaro.com/en/Themeparks/Busch-Gardens/Statix-Kumba-Busch-Gardens.html

CoasterJan

to light the way to the potty...Scotch, and Hot Pink Duct tape, lots of things, scissors, zip locks, flattened box package size post office freebee to put pics, and papers, put in the lid of suitcase, BIG plastic clothes pins..lots of uses. Small led flash lite w/ magnet, and hang hook..24 brite bulbs!!!

You are not allowed to bring on musical instruments per the cruise contract.

I am sure you are talented but what makes you think you won't be disturbing anyone while you are "drumming" to relax?

I treasure quiet moments also and understand unwanted noise very well..... it is very easy to play softly (and easier on hands) so that the noise would not be heard more than 5 feet away outdoors and definitely not through cabin walls even as thin as they are. Can not leave drum in car though while gone, bad for the natural heads and wood so will make sure to get permission first to bring with me.

Hi! I was just checking into this myself for a group cruise I'm working on; I found out the Carnival FAQ does mention instruments as being okay to bring on, BUT, they will be confiscated for the duration of the cruise if any noise complaints are received. Good to know! :)

[From the FAQ website]

"Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Live Animals: Only qualified service animals once approved by Guest Access Services at time of booking.

• Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

Musical Instruments: We will allow musical instruments onboard, however, if a noise complaint is received it will be confiscated by shipboard security and returned to the guest on the morning of debarkation.

• Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or earpieces when used in public areas..."

IPod alarm clock

LOL... me too, unfortunately this will be a solo for me, pure relaxation, dh is staying home babysitting critters again.... drumming IS very relaxing for me.

Recently picked up a steel drum... not good enough yet to bring that one along, it would be very disturbing... to me!

Get practicing.... You can apply for entertainment on board and get a free cruise. :D

Well, I didn't take with me, but brought home. A bunch of Coca-Cola from Mexico. Its SOOOO much better than the Coke we get here in the US...

Costco sells the Mexican Coke in the classic tall glass bottles. I agree, it's much better than American Coke. In Mexico, they still make it with cane sugar. Look for the bottles with the paper nutritional and ingredient sticker just below the neck of the bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always take wire hangers since there never seems to be enough hangers in the closet. Then I just leave them when we leave.

I take a night light -- interior cabins are so dark.

I take a highlighter for the FunTimes

I leave my clothes on hangars when I pack. Much easier to unpack and I always have enough hangars!

Took a crummy corkscrew which had no point of leverage. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to open my wine! Finally took it to a bar and the crew member was obviously new. She got really snippy about my request to open the bottle, asked a coworker if she wasn't supposed to charge corkage fee, he told her no. With a real sour puss on she opened it in about a nanosecond. I smiled, handed her $2 and her face lit up like Times Square on New Year's! Bet she won't be so snooty the next time someone askes her.

Archived