What's the most unusual thing you've brought with you?

tree.critter

I always take wire hangers since there never seems to be enough hangers in the closet. Then I just leave them when we leave.

I take a night light -- interior cabins are so dark.

I take a highlighter for the FunTimes

1) Ask the cabin attendant for more hangers - he or she will be happy to bring as many as you need.

3) Can't figure out why everyone brings highlighters. Ball point pens work just as well and they give then to you on the ship. Am I missing something?

DON

White noise ap on my ipad. I'm a very light sleeper due to sleep apnea, spending most of my night in stage 1 or stage 2 sleep, so the slightest noise fully wakes me up. My husband says his walking across the carpet wakes me up. The white noise drowns out anything else so I sleep better.

One morning on our last cruise we over slept and our room service breakfast arrived. Hubby scrambled to answer the door before I could fumble to shut it off. I wonder what the steward carrying our tray in thought about the loud noise of static lol

Don't know if they ended up bringing it, but a while back (maybe a year ago, now) someone asked if they thought it was OK if they brought their sewing machine with them. They were taking a 100 day or so "round the world cruise" and thought it would be nice to have on sea days. Particularly after getting some nice silks and other fabrics in the Orient. Never followed the thread, so I don't know if they did bring it and/or post if they did or not. An above poster stated musical instruments were not permitted to be taken aboard, but I've seen passengers (not entertainers) bring guitars aboard. Once, one of them unfortunately played it a couple of balconies away from ours.

, but I've seen passengers (not entertainers) bring guitars aboard. Once, one of them unfortunately played it a couple of balconies away from ours.

Did you complain to staff? If it was against the rules and it annoyed me, I would.

DON

Don't know if they ended up bringing it, but a while back (maybe a year ago, now) someone asked if they thought it was OK if they brought their sewing machine with them. They were taking a 100 day or so "round the world cruise" and thought it would be nice to have on sea days. Particularly after getting some nice silks and other fabrics in the Orient. Never followed the thread, so I don't know if they did bring it and/or post if they did or not. An above poster stated musical instruments were not permitted to be taken aboard, but I've seen passengers (not entertainers) bring guitars aboard. Once, one of them unfortunately played it a couple of balconies away from ours.

poster and her quilting addiction, just last week. Hope it was a wonderful one when completed

A broken-down folded flat cardboard box. Because I knew I wanted to buy theatrical masks in Venice, and I knew I didn't want them getting squashed and bashed up on the flight home. Worked like a charm!

When I needed cardboard to protect an item, the onboard shop gave me a carton

Sandy in Spain

Archived