Last Night Luggage on Celebrity

Bleon9

We just got off the Silhouette and were given the option of taking off our own luggage. They said that in order to do that we'd need to leave the ship between 6:00 and 6:30 AM. Not sure what they'd do if you tried to leave after that point.

I'm thinking about selfembarkation for our next cruise, but the 6:00/6:30 AM thing is something I really do NOT like.

Has anyone experience with selfembarkation but leaving later? Say 8:00 AM?

I'm thinking about selfembarkation for our next cruise, but the 6:00/6:30 AM thing is something I really do NOT like.

Has anyone experience with selfembarkation but leaving later? Say 8:00 AM?

There's no issue with that.

You're just able to leave earlier if you want. But as long as you leave within the overall timeframe it's fine.

Next week, we are on Century in Alaska. Due to scheduling, it appears that the second formal night will be Saturday. I appears to me that unless I pack the tux into my carry-on, I will have to keep my luggage Saturday night, making self disembarkation mandatory. I'm hoping to repeat Gonzo70's experience!

Have never heard of Celebrity having a formal night on the last night of the cruise.

I agree, even on a one week cruise we each need a 28" bag, plus our LL Bean Rolling Duffle bag, plus 2 carry ons. What are we doing wrong??

Self Disembark on our last Summit cruise in May was also limited to the first 150 people that signed up. We've never done it as we never seem to be able to travel light - what's the fun in taking a cruise if you can't change 3 - 4 times a day?

I am so with you! For 3 and 4 nighters we manage with one larger suitcase each and usually do self disembark. But for anything longer-I need choices! On short cruises we don't get all dressed to the max for formal night so that helps alot. On long cruise I have 2 formals, DH's tux, numerous pairs of sandals and flip flops and lots of clothes, different swim suit for each, coverups for each day, etc! One of the reasons I love flying SW to San Juan now. I can take 4 suitcases and 2 carryons and pack everything I want!!! We also take a roller cooler for the beaches and a small cooler for our room to keep things nice and cold. All that adds to the "stuff" I back for a cruise. never in a million years could I get by on any cruise, short or long, with nothing but a carryon bag.:p

Next week, we are on Century in Alaska. Due to scheduling, it appears that the second formal night will be Saturday. I appears to me that unless I pack the tux into my carry-on, I will have to keep my luggage Saturday night, making self disembarkation mandatory. I'm hoping to repeat Gonzo70's experience!
Not if Saturday is the last night of the cruise.

They don't schedule formal nights on the last night before disembarkation.

I am so with you! For 3 and 4 nighters we manage with one larger suitcase each and usually do self disembark. But for anything longer-I need choices! On short cruises we don't get all dressed to the max for formal night so that helps alot. On long cruise I have 2 formals, DH's tux, numerous pairs of sandals and flip flops and lots of clothes, different swim suit for each, coverups for each day, etc! One of the reasons I love flying SW to San Juan now. I can take 4 suitcases and 2 carryons and pack everything I want!!! We also take a roller cooler for the beaches and a small cooler for our room to keep things nice and cold. All that adds to the "stuff" I back for a cruise. never in a million years could I get by on any cruise, short or long, with nothing but a carryon bag.
Wow! :eek:

If we needed to pack and unpack and repack and schlep that much stuff just to go on a cruise it would not be worth the bother. It would be easier just to stay at home.

That seems more like moving than going on vacation to me.

As the old saying goes, different strokes......... :D

Archived