Reflection Blu Restaurant

diligaf51

Just back from a med cruise on the Reflection. I had heard horror stories about the service in Blu. Good news. Service was great. Late arriving crowd with a lot of European cruisers. If we arrived by 730pm, there was not a problem.

I don't know if the complaints were about the service in Blu on the Reflection. When we sailed the service was fine. I think the problem is that they have made Blu too conjested on the Reflection compared to Blu on the other ships. The tables were so close that you felt as if you were sitting at a banquet table.

I don't know if the complaints were about the service in Blu on the Reflection. When we sailed the service was fine. I think the problem is that they have made Blu too conjested on the Reflection compared to Blu on the other ships. The tables were so close that you felt as if you were sitting at a banquet table.

I felt the tables were too close together in Blu on the Solstice as well. Just enough room for the waiter to get through. That can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your perspective.

I felt the tables were too close together in Blu on the Solstice as well. Just enough room for the waiter to get through. That can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your perspective.

That is more space than was on the Reflection. On the other ships it was still as if you were at a table for 2 and you could converse with the people at the adjoining tables if you wanted. On the Reflection it was as if they were your table mates. It is getting away from the feeling of the intimacy on the other ships. We had select dining on the Constellation immediately before going on the Reflection, we always had a table for 2 in the MDR and it was more secluded and intimate than in our table in Blu and a lot quieter.

That is more space than was on the Reflection. On the other ships it was still as if you were at a table for 2 and you could converse with the people at the adjoining tables if you wanted. On the Reflection it was as if they were your table mates. It is getting away from the feeling of the intimacy on the other ships. We had select dining on the Constellation immediately before going on the Reflection, we always had a table for 2 in the MDR and it was more secluded and intimate than in our table in Blu and a lot quieter.

You have correctly identified the major problem with Blu on Reflection. I've in Blu for 3 cruises on Reflection and the service has always been outstanding, but I always seem to get Val or Jose.

On the Reflection, our waiter was not able to squeeze through the space between the tables for 2. Often, he leaned over and handed the plates to me. He did walk around and place the soup in front of me. Blu was definitely more crowded than in other S-Class ships.

We also had a table for 2 in the Constellation MDR. It definitely was more secluded and was quieter.

Archived