Cagney's on Dawn

willise

I am interested in booking Cagney's on embarkation evening for dinner and have a couple of questions.

We have two rooms booked (one for the two adults and one for two kids, which we will rearrange on board. Right now, we are required to have my wife and child in one room while myself and my other child are in another). The rooms have separate reservation numbers, so can we book two Cagney's reservations (one per room) and get the free bottle of wine with each reservation?

Also, I have read that kids pay a reduced price? Is that accurate? If so, what are the ages? Our kids are 16 and 12.

Thanks!

You are about to open a real can of worms.

1 - Kids can not drink - therefore, get a bottle of wine?

2 - The small print says 2-4 people get one bottle of wine. I know this sounds really, really, really stupid, but there was a long thread about this a while back.

Who knows what might happen. And, I think that bottle of wine thing was if you booked THREE different nights.

Worse case, you book it and get only one bottle. Pretty sure you can not get a final accurate answer here or from NCL.

Thanks Gary,

I understand the kids cannot drink. I currently have 1 adult and 1 child in each room. The deal under my Offers on the MyNCL is a free bottle of wine when you book a specialty restaurant on the first night.

I would reserve and pay for it now - while the cabins are in the 1 adult, 1 child scenario.

Not sure why it would be a can of worms? LOL

Either way, I think we've decided that we are not going to do it anyway. We all seem to agree that the MDR is fine for us - we've actually had very good experiences there.

Thanks!

One of the menu items first night on Dawn for the last few weeks anyway, has been surf and turf. We went early to Aqua, maybe 5:45 and there was no wait. I was pleasantly surprised with how good my medium steak was and even though the lobster tail was typical cruise line lobster tail, I enjoyed it. Other than your getting a free bottle of wine, night #1 wasn't, IMHO, the best night to eat outside the MDR.

One of the menu items first night on Dawn for the last few weeks anyway, has been surf and turf. We went early to Aqua, maybe 5:45 and there was no wait. I was pleasantly surprised with how good my medium steak was and even though the lobster tail was typical cruise line lobster tail, I enjoyed it. Other than your getting a free bottle of wine, night #1 wasn't, IMHO, the best night to eat outside the MDR.

I agree. I think I will do the Surf and Turf on night 1 and buy a bottle of wine if I want one.

$120 for four of us at Cagney's just doesn't seem worth it to me when I looked at it more closely, even with a bottle of wine. Like I said, I've had great success with the MDR menu, quality, and service.

I agree. I think I will do the Surf and Turf on night 1 and buy a bottle of wine if I want one.

$120 for four of us at Cagney's just doesn't seem worth it to me when I looked at it more closely, even with a bottle of wine. Like I said, I've had great success with the MDR menu, quality, and service.

The 12 y/o will be 1/2 price. Once they turn 13, full price.

We eat dinner early typically because of our children. Does this tend to be the trend (earlier dinners aren't busy)?

Archived